What are you listening to right now?

I thought we should set up this thread just for general discussion of what is tickling our fancy right now.

I just discovered a band called Greeta Van Fleet who are one of the most old school sounding rock bands I've heard in a while.

Their whole album is along these lines, maintains a pretty high quality throughout and only goes for about 40 minutes all up so isn't that long if you want to give it a listen.

But what are you guys listening to right now?

The Brain
    Right this second? Listening to this gem, one of my favorites from this band:

I'm lame about taking other people's music suggestions, but if I can find the time I'll give that album a listen!

That was exactly the problem with this thread before. Just people posting what they liked an nobody giving a shit or even taking 5 secs to listen. Pretty pointless thread really.

The Brain
    Feels like a harsh assessment. I enjoy seeing what others are listening to, even if I don't always have the time/will to check out everything that's posted.

This thread had pages and pages on the last board with pretty much zero discussion. Just ignored link/embed after ignored link/embed and so on...

The Brain
    I didn't ignore them... I'm not really good at discussing music the way I am about movies or wrestling, but I still found it interesting. Maybe it's just me though.

Mate, I'm not having a go at you personally, I just meant that's all the thread was. I did exactly the same. Posted my shit in here, didn't pay attention to anything already there and that was that.

Part of it was because the majority of the forum doesn't have the same taste in music as me so there really would be little point.

Quote Originally Posted by mizfan View Post
    Right this second? Listening to this gem, one of my favorites from this band:

I'm lame about taking other people's music suggestions, but if I can find the time I'll give that album a listen!
    All good Mizzie. Love me some Green Day though, haven't heard this one before, quite liked it. I feel like Warning may be an album worth revisiting, it doesn't get the popular wraps of some of their earlier stuff or American Idiot but seems to have a lot of solid songs on it.

As to Your thoughts Dude, well that was one of the reasons I originally created the Review This Somg thread but I'd hardly call lines like 'more indy crap, pass' real in depth commenting. Because it looks like there isn't much interest in the review thread I started this one. I actually think it is a fun way to discover new music but you can pass if you don't like it.

Anyway let's put up some songs or if no one wants to get stuck in the thread can die. That's the way it works.

Bottom line is if you want the music part of the forum to kick off then be the change you want to see.

Sorry for being an asshole, I've had a really bad couple of days recently and I've got no way to vent.

I would explain but don't really feel like it at the moment.

The Brain
    Hope things are on the upswing, Dude. I certainly didn't take any offense!

American Idiot obviously has it's strengths, but I find a lot of the Green Day I like most comes from before that album. Maybe because it was less political and more universal? I'm not sure but yeah, Warning is a good album in my book.

Speaking of American Idiot, I was just listening to this, not the original but the track from their Broadway show which I actually like better in this case:

It is a very Broadway take on a pop punk song. I can just see a skinny dancer with dyed spiked hair spinning around while pretending to head bang all too perfectly.

The Brain
    Haha, I have no idea if the actual show is good. I'm a fan of Green Day and of musical theater, but I have a feeling they don't mix perfectly. There are a couple songs from that show I prefer to the original though. The only other one that comes to mind is Letterbomb.

Bowling for Soup just came up on my Spotify playlist. I admit they're probably the closest thing to a "guilty pleasure" I have, though I don't really believe in feeling guilty about my pleasures (as a wrestling fan you kind of have to get over that eventually). They're silly and often stupid and inconsequential, but there's something fun and sometimes surprisingly authentic about their stuff. This is what came on just now, not my all time favorite of theirs but pretty fun nonetheless.