Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Football Thread

Administrator

Fantasy Football Thread

Two of my money league teams are doing really well, and the other two are doing alright.

How is your Fantasy Football season going thus far? All FF talk goes here.

The Hurra Duff
    0-4 like my Bucaneers I'm afraid.

Wevv mang
    Quick! Pick up Legarret(sp) Blount! He's going to be the main running back for New England!

3-1 in the big money league. 2-2 in my family league (19 years and counting). 3-1 team looks completely unbeatable (641 pts in 4 weeks!) Have Phillip Rivers, Adrian Peterson, Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, Jimmy Graham, Seahawks defense (8 team league this year) tons of depth on bench. Im thinking too good to soon!
    Last edited by Kleckamania; 10-02-2013 at 07:50 AM.

I'm 3-1 in big money league I was recently offered a trade that I'm torn about they want to give me gronk and capernick for Matt Ryan and Hakeem nicks.. My other qb is Alex smith so my qbs would be smith and capernick and my two TE's would be gronk and Jimmy graham but I can flex TE because my wr crew isn't exactly great.. What do y'all think??

I am retired.
    Do the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by T.O. View Post
    Do the deal.
    Thats what I'm thinking, I mean it's a good deal right?

Blade23
    I like the deal, as long as Gronkowski comes back healthy. He's going to be a top target for Brady (already was), as the options are limited in New England. Kapernick is a great buy low candidate right now as well. A combination of Gronkowski and Graham will compensate for lack of wide receiver options on your team (especially in a PPR league).

Non ppr and it's a 12 team league.. After trade my team looks like this qbs: kapernick and Alex smith(lol), rbs Doug Martin, Steven jackson, knowshon, and Daryl Richardson(possibly after a big game by knowshon this week I can sell high but idk) Wrs: Cecil shorts, Torrey smith, Greg Jennings, Emmanuel sanders and miles Austin (a lot of talent but injuries and qb issues plague me) TE: Jimmy graham and gronk and def: texans and Panther(picked them up this week to go against cards) and Miami kickers

Blade23
    Don't laugh too much at Alex Smith, he's on the heels of Matt Ryan in the fantasy world and Kansas City plays a weak schedule. Smith is a decent fantasy option and as I said, Kapernick is a perfect buy low candidate. If the 49ers are going to be successful, then he will need to rebound (which I believe he will).

Your WR situation is ugly. Steven Jackson is out for a few weeks, so you may want to wait on trading Knowshon Moreno. Doug Martin is the victim of a shitty team that plays from behind a lot (limiting his carries). Moreno is quickly becoming the #1 in Denver, due mainly to the fact that he's the best pass protector in their backfield (which is huge for Peyton Manning and their top offensive lineman out for the year - Ryan Clady).

I am retired.
    Alex Smith is going to be knocked out on Sunday, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade23 View Post
    Don't laugh too much at Alex Smith, he's on the heels of Matt Ryan in the fantasy world and Kansas City plays a weak schedule. Smith is a decent fantasy option and as I said, Kapernick is a perfect buy low candidate. If the 49ers are going to be successful, then he will need to rebound (which I believe he will).

Your WR situation is ugly. Steven Jackson is out for a few weeks, so you may want to wait on trading Knowshon Moreno. Doug Martin is the victim of a shitty team that plays from behind a lot (limiting his carries). Moreno is quickly becoming the #1 in Denver, due mainly to the fact that he's the best pass protector in their backfield (which is huge for Peyton Manning and their top offensive lineman out for the year - Ryan Clady).
    Thanks for advice! It helped me in accepting trade.. And I wasn't laughing at Alex smith I was laughing at the fact that I had both of them on same team lol.. The only reason I was thinking sell high with knowshon was possibly to get wr but you're right he is(at least for the time being) the number 1 option in Denver.. Hopefully I get Steven jax back after their bye next week

Blade23
    I get it now (Smith/Kapernick).

I wouldn't rely on Knowshon Moreno as a top tiered back, but he's definitely working his way into the #1 role in Denver (which you know is a pass first team). Moreno is the best pass block and best pass receiver that Denver has out of the backfield (which isn't a great help to you since its not a PPR league). Montee Ball is showing ball control issues and Ronnie Hillman can't pass block (which is a #1 priority in Denver).

You're right, he's a great sell-high candidate, but if you need two RBs, I would hold tight until Jackson is back. I don't know that you would get better than a WR2 for Moreno either way.

Well I have a guy whose running back(rice,sproles,mendenhall and Daniel Thomas) situation is as bad as my wr situation offer me garçon for knowshon but I told him gimme til next week(cause if I trade knowshon this week I don't have 2 rbs with Martin on bye). I actually kinda like that trade and it doesn't hurt him cause his wr crew is still good (Andre Johnson, b Marshall, and mike Wallace). I think garçon is probably the best offer I could get. Unless mareno absolutely goes off this week lol

Judge you made a good decision. That trade was definitely in your favor. You will have a nightmarish advantage in the TE department once Gronk comes back week 6. Gronk since he started his career has received more red zone targets then any other player in the league....by a ton. Kaepernick wont outproduce Ryan, especially with Roddy White almost at 100% now, but the drop off will be gained back and then some on the Gronkowski end. Smith will continue to have a good year also I believe. Funny side note, I had Andrew Luck and Peyton Manning last year in one league lol. A few years back someone in one of my leagues had Brett Farve and Aaron Rodgers lol.

Keep an eye on the waiver wire for backs too. Someone above mentioned Lagerrett Blount and most leagues hes available. He is really making waves in NE at the moment. Might become a solid #2 back by playoffs
    Last edited by Kleckamania; 10-03-2013 at 08:34 AM.

kingkervin
    I feel like I'm playing with idiots in my money league, but the joke might just be on me. At the start of the year my roster looked like this (1 point PPR):

QB: RG3
    RB: Spiller, SJax, Reggie Bush
    WR: Randall Cobb, Hakeem Nicks, Mike Wallace
    TE: Jordan Cameron

That's the gist of it. I made some deals and my roster looks more like this now

QB: RG3
    RB: Spiller, Trent Richardson, Bush
    WR: Cobb, AJ Green, Steve Smith, Wallace
    TE: Cameron

I started out 2-2, but this is my lineup heading into week 5. Feeling a bit better about it. Spiller has been a big let down. Really, a lot of those guys have been.

I honestly was baffled by CJ Spillers ADP ranking before the season. He was great in college but it seemed obvious he could never do anything other then split carries in the NFL with his size and running style. I wouldnt have touched him if I picked that early tbh

doublehelix
    It's not like it was just speculation, he was like RB7 in standard leagues last year. Throw in 26-years-old + PPR and he definitely should have been going in the top half of the first round.

I'm in a league with a few other LOP guys, I'm top with a record of 3-1.

I know nothing about eggball, this shit's easy.

In PPRs yea there is definitely an appeal for CJ but the non ppr leagues its dicey. I personally prefer backs who I know are gonna get 20-25 handoffs. May not be as explosive but consistency is so valuable at running back. I never saw him as a 20-25 touch per game guy. Him and Fred compliment each other well. I always viewed him as an rbbc. I would have pulled the trigger on Ray Rice or Jamal Charles at 3 instead of Spiller personally.

kingkervin
    In terms of Spiller, I drafted him at 8. Charles and Rice were off the board. I probably should have grabbed McCoy who went 10th but as helix said, Spiller was top 10 last year.

Blade23
    There was no reason to think CJ Spiller would be this slow out of the gates and based upon last year's numbers, he was a solid top 10 back in PPR leagues.

I simply avoided him because I didn't trust him for my own liking and in most of my leagues, I was picking #8 or later. Every paid league I'm in is a keeper league. Here's who I went with in the 1st round....

League #1 - Arian Foster (all of your other options were designated keepers; I knew he was a gamble and hasn't lived up to the billing yet)
    League #2 - Peyton Manning (9th pick in a 12 team league and everyone laughed at me as I took him while wearing his jersey; I've outscored each of my opponents by double so far)
    League #3 - Calvin Johnson (10th pick out of 12 and took Trent Richardson on the wrap around)
    League #4 - Arian Foster (8th out of 10; I was not present for the draft, so he was the first to fall to me in my rankings)

I like consistency when picking in the first two rounds, that's why I shy away from guys like Spiller, Martin, etc. If no money is involved, I'll take a flier on them in a heartbeat.

The Hurra Duff
    Should get win 1 this week.

The Hurra Duff
    1-5. Awesome.

5-1. Awesome.

oh, we aren't talking real teams.

The Hurra Duff
    My real team is 0-5 and seems to be heading for 0-16.

Got offered a trade this morning prior to games I accepted it I think it turned out well for me it def upgraded my wr core. C. Shorts and knowshon for Brandon marshall and Darren sproles.. (I'm the team giving up knowshon and Cecil shorts)

After this trade and previous my current team looks like this:

After trade my team looks like this qbs: kapernick and Alex smith, rbs Doug Martin, Steven jackson, Darren sproles(after sproles bye week next week all rbs are done with byes)Wrs: Brandon Marshall, Torrey smith, Greg Jennings, denarius moore.. TE: Jimmy graham and gronk(down the stretch will be starting both no matter what graham at TE and Gronk in flex) and def: texans and Patriots(but really leaning towards picking up defenses based on matchup) and Miami's kicker(regular starter that's surprisingly doing great) and this weeks bye week fill in at kicker nick folk(dropping him now that
    Miami is finished with bye)

Currently I'm 4-1 but I'm gonna lose this week putting me at 4-2 but I'm really confident with my team what do y'all think?

All my teams seem to be doing pretty well except for the four team league. My team should be pretty good but I'm likely to be 1-5 after tonight. Time to give up on RGIII, I've started him over Philip Rivers every week. I'm hoping the AP, Alfred Morris and Ridley trio leads me back into the hunt.

Blade23
    Quote Originally Posted by The Judge View Post
    Got offered a trade this morning prior to games I accepted it I think it turned out well for me it def upgraded my wr core. C. Shorts and knowshon for Brandon marshall and Darren sproles.. (I'm the team giving up knowshon and Cecil shorts)
    That is a steal on your part. Brandon Marshall is a top 5 receiver right now, where as Cecil Shorts seems to be losing a lot of the little to go around in the passing game in Jacksonville to Justin Blackmon (I would pick him up right now if he's still available in your league).

Moreno seems to be the lead back in Denver and I figured he would be due to the fact that he pass protects the best. However, its still always up in the air when it comes to Denver. If I remember correctly, you said your league is non-PPR, which hurts Sproles value a bit. However, Sproles is still a solid RB2/RB3 option.

In two of my money leagues, I'm 5-1 right now. 1st place in one (most teams aren't even close) and 2nd in the other (due to the 1st place team having more points scored on the season). In my other two money leagues, I'm 6th and 10th. This will probably be my last year in the league in which I'm 6th place. Its a team that I co-own with my dad (which is a ton of fun), but the commish always pulls bullshit and then loads his teams through trades (I don't really know anyone in the league and they're most the commish's friends, so they help him out). The league I'm in 10th place, I have a 2-4 record, but my team has really underachieved and I'm only 1 game out of 1st place in my division. If I get in the playoffs, I'm confident I can make a run and win some money back.

TO's dynasty league is the only free league I'm doing this season. I love the dynasty concept, but my team has taken some lumps this season and I'm sitting in last place. Started the season with a RB core of Doug Martin, Ahmad Bradshaw, and Vick Ballard, which was solid last year. However, Bradshaw joined the Colts, which killed me, then lost his job to Richardson before going out on the season. My RB situation is completely fucked. Outside of that, I have a solid team (Andrew Luck, Demaryius Thomas, Kenbrell Thompkins, Greg Jennings, Greg Olsen, and Chicago D). Right now, I'm hoping I can rebuild next season and find a new RB.

What's the dynasty league concept?

I am retired.
    It's a league we've run on this site for about a decade. I inherited from someone (TCA, a former admin, I think...). You draft a team like normal to kick the league off, then inherit the exact same team every year, making changes as you see fit. Cutting retirees, drafting rookies...etc. For instance, I drafted EJ Manuel in the second round, and got fed up with Eli Manning, and cut him (Nick Foles is the starter in the interim).

I had to do a reboot a few years back due to logistical issues (this used to be a 16 team league, I think, and now it's 14), but it's still fun despite my team's struggles. Hey, I knocked off the undefeated team this week, though!

Very nice! If y'all need new member next year I'd like to play. Oh and congrats on knocking off undefeated!

doublehelix
    i wish the dynasty league had 1-2 more bench spots. it's kind of silly to me that a league that's supposed to put more emphasis on finding players that you think will be useful in a year or two has as much bench space as a typical re-draft. maybe something to talk about in the offseason.

I am retired.
    We can discuss it, definitely. Maybe just draft 2 rookies without dropping anyone?

doublehelix
    That's how I would do it (if the league decides to expand rosters of course.)

kingkervin
    Definitely if you ever have a spot open in that league, let me know. I'm always looking for a good free league every year. This year I've only got the Auction league TO set up that nobody seems to be paying attention to.

I am retired.
    I'm paying attention. I'm just not doing too well.

And you fucks aren't laughing at Philip Rivers now, I hope.

Was deliberating over a trade yesterday offered to me in my longest running league (19 years!).

I lose:
    Julius Thomas
    Ty Hilton

I gain:
    AJ Green
    Greg Olson

This is a PPR league. The trade deadline is this Sunday and I had Rob Gronkowski on the bench. I was weak at WR1, he was weak at TE. Had to do it. Was grinning ear to ear when I found out Gronk is as of last night/this AM cleared to play

kingkervin
    Good trade. You get the best player of the four, and still have Gronk. Provided Gronk plays well, you win.

Thanks man. I figured AJ would be more valuable to me going forward, and with the flex spot open I can keep Danny Woodhead in my lineup (behind Arian Foster and Alfred Morris). And now with AJ Green and soon to recover Roddy White thrust into the top target spot in ATL...

This dog might just hunt.