Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fact or Fiction?

Fact or Fiction?

One of the highlights when I was plowing through LOP years back was the Fact or Fiction thread.

The rules are simple:
    1) Answer Fact or Fiction to the previous poster's question
    2) Explain your answer
    3) Post another Fact or Fiction Question for the next poster.

I shall start:

Wrestlemania XXX's final match in the event will be Bryan vs Triple H. Fact or Fiction?
    And Jacob wrestled with God.

A Professional Sort Of
    Fiction, unless Cena is unable to go at Wrestlemania.

At this present stage, there are only three contenders in the final match at Wrestlemania

Lesnar/Taker
    Cena/Wyatt
    Batista/Orton

I personally would prefer Batista/Orton to close out the show because I want the WWE World Heavyweight Championship where it belongs, the top of every card.

Dolph Ziggler will be on the main card at Wrestlemania. Fact or Fiction?

Fact. There is bound to be a couple of throw away midcard matches this year as well. And expect Ziggler to begin that rumored tag team with Miz, and be either involved in the Tag Title Match, or be a part of the annual 'Mania clusterfuck.

Question: John Cena v. Bray Wyatt will be a Match of the Year Contender. Fact or Fiction?

Fact. Bray Wyatt is 2 for 2 this year when it comes to pay-per-view MOTN, and I don't see how going up against one of the top three wrestlers in WWE in the biggest card of the year can hurt his chances.

Fact or Fiction: Eric Rowan and Luke Harper will be on the 'Mania card separately from Bray/Cena.
    I think it's awesome that the word lisp has an "s" in it.

I was saying Boo-Urns. lunchbox1981's Avatar
    Fiction. I just don’t see where they would fit in. If there is a tag team match on the card it will likely be the NAO vs. the Usos.

Fact or Fiction. Daniel Bryan will make Triple H tap out at WrestleMania.

RiskBreaker
    Fiction he will pin him after the running knee.

Fact or Fiction

Main Event of Extreme Rules will be Batista vs. Daniel Bryan for the WWE World Championship.

Fact.

Roman Reigns will be WWE champion by Royal Rumble 2015?

The Greatest of All Time LWO4Life's Avatar
    Fiction

Ambrose and Reigns will headline Wrestlemania within 5 years.

Fiction. Wyatt and Reigns will.

Ryback's career will get back on track with a face turn by the summer

fiction. Ryback blows and there is no redemption for the man at this point.

Fact or Fiction Big E & Ambrose will have a unification match at Mania 30

Fiction. Ambrose will face Reigns at Wrestlemania 30

Fact or Fiction: An Nxt guy(s) not on the main roster will become a champion of some sort on the main roster in 2014?

Fiction. Alex has a good case to be at least a mid-card champion, just in 2015 instead.

Fact or Fiction: AJ Lee's current lengthy reign will be a fart in the wind of woman title's history (meaning, not of any importance)

Fact. Not even fair considering the entire Diva's division for the past several years pretty much fits that description.

Fact or Fiction: The Shield will have the best match of the undercard at 'Mania.

Fiction because they wont be in a six man match.

Cesaro will be world champion in 2014?

StormDragonZ
    Fiction. He's good, but he's not there yet. He'll have to exceed Daniel Bryan before he's "face of the company". Right now, he could easily be the guy who takes the U.S. Title off Ambrose unless they go with Reigns.

FoF: At least two people will get their first suspension in the WWE this year.

Suspension as in due to drugs? Fiction, for some reason I think WWE has the wellness program under control, and with the Network, bad publicity is to be shunned as much as possible. The young ones who recently join WWE don't seem to be stepping into a culture of booze and drugs, unlike older times, where it was cool to do it. The ones who do drugs or steroids, are probably already on their second tick (Randy, and others).

FoF: We will see Cena battle Undertaker at WM31, provided that Brock doesn't kill Taker this year.

Fiction. Cena will put Roman Reigns over as World Champion at 'Mania 31. And will face 'Taker at the latter's home town in 'Mania 32.

FoF: There will at least be ONE Championship that changes hands between now and 'Mania.

Fiction. I think all the title holders now will defend their title at WMXXX, unless there's a swerve somewhere.

FoF: Big Show is the best in-ring super heavyweight in WWE history.

You honestly think all titles will be defended at 'Mania? Considering we have four "main events" all but confirmed with only one of them being a title match, I just can't see the logistics in that.

What qualifies as a super? 400+ lbs? I'm gonna go with Vader, if for no other reason than he'd make you believe wrestling is real.

F or F: WWE Network will be in the black by 'Mania.

The Greatest of All Time LWO4Life's Avatar
    Fiction: but I have no doubt it will be in the black by years end. I think if it is, then Vince will be doing backflips on the live stream version of Wrestlemania.

FoF: We will finally see Cody vs. Goldust at WM this year.

Fiction. I want to see it and early on I thought that was one of the reason why they brought Goldust back. However they’ve really taken a huge step back out of the spotlight since dropping the tag team titles. So I don’t think booking those two in a match at WrestleMania is a high priority for the WWE right now.

FoF: This one is more speculation at this point. However assuming that the rumors of him being announced for the hall of fame this year are true the Undertaker will break kayfabe and induct his old manager Paul Bearer at the ceremony.

Faction, I think he will induct Paul Bearer, but without breaking kayfabe. It is like how Undertaker came out to give Ric Flair a respective farewell on Raw, without losing his mystic.

Regarding what is a super heavyweight, I guess Freaks of Nature such as Andre, Vader, Khali, Big Show wuld qualify.

FoF: CM Punk will be back on Monday.

Fact: I can see somehow Bryan being added....
    FoF: Brock will decimate the undertaker into retirement at Mania, but the streak stays intact

Super Moderator
    Fiction. Who rates Batista highly?

His drawing power (including main eventing on of the highest-grossing WrestleManias of all time) in the mid-00s earned him the position that he had.

FoF: Brock Lesnar will have at least one more WWE Title reign before hanging it up for good.

FACT. and it will happen in 2014. Heyman had made it clear that Lesnar wants to be the WWE champ. I see Lesnar winning the title from Batista at SummerSlam.

Fact or Fiction:
    We will eventually se a Stephanie/HHH split on TV. Not a divorce, but a split of power, where one turns face.

Fiction. If one of them does turn I think it will be Stephanie. Its more likely though that they bring in a face authority figure whether its Sting, Hogan or some other legend post WrestleMania.

FoF: Roman Reigns will have at least one WWE World Heavyweight Championship match this year.
    Last edited by lunchbox1981; 02-28-2014 at 09:09 PM.

Fact. At Summerslam and he wins.

ForF: Sami Zayn will be called up after mania and before Extreme Rules.

Fiction, I have a feeling that he will be called up only after extreme rules, or he might be lost in the shuffle.

FoF: At WMXXX, Lita will be given an in-ring role (Special ref or even a match) that involves AJ Lee.

The Kayfabe Troll
    Fiction.

While the WWE loves to give their retired vets a role at the show of shows. I feel this one's a miss. Lita, for better or worse, ain't Trish. I feel, WWE doesn't feel like she'll draw any extra numbers participating and it would be a "waste" of a Mania spot.

Fact or Fiction.
    Win or lose, Kofi Kingston will have at least one singles match for the WWE Heavyweight championship before the end of his career. Don't puss out on the question by saying the belt wont stay unified or some shit. Assume that it will stay the belt it is now.
    Last edited by The Kayfabe Troll; 03-01-2014 at 01:29 PM.

Before he retires? Seems like FACT is the safe answer here, though it probably won't be on PPV.

F or F: Once the Shield breaks up, at least two of them will stop wearing black.

Don't WHAT? Me.
    Fiction...they will all wear a bunch of black in different ways.

F or F: Dolph Ziggler will hold a championship longer than a month this year.

Fiction: Dolph is completely lost in the shuffle right now, there are Reigns, Ambrose, Big E, and other stars closer to a championship reign than Dolph. If he is to win, I doubt it will last more than a month. A shame really, one of the many lost opportunities that WWE had.

FoF: Cena will lose to Bray at WMXXX, successfully putting over a new mega-heel.

False. Really see a Cena win here.

F/F- A match will be cut from the main show the day of 'Mania.

Fiction - Though it happens sometimes, I believe WWE will be doing a balancing job to ensure all the matches get on the main card. Or maybe that just my wish.

FoF: Jeff Jarrett's new wrestling company will be competing at TNA's level within 2 years.

Fact. Only because Jarrett will get a tv deal and TNA will lose theirs.

ForF

Hogan will wrestle one more match?

Fiction: If he is under a legends contract in WWE, I doubt he will pass the medical to wrestle in WWE. And since he is under contract with WWE, there is no incentives for him to risk his body in any indies appearances. I say he is retired from in-ring action. Forever. And he deserves the rest after giving so much to the business.

FoF: The Network will break even by end of year.

Fact. It will even cross the break even point till then, if you look into the statistics. But, if there are faults with WrestleMania's feed, then I tend to think that they'll lose many customers. Regardless, the uniqueness of the product means that it'll get many buyers who are just curious to test the thing out.

FoF: If Daniel Bryan fails to win the WWEWHC at 'Mania, he won't win it 'til at/after SummerSlam.
    Last edited by Subho; 03-17-2014 at 02:35 AM.

Hard one. Around Summerslam is when Batista "should" be holding the belt, and if Bryan doesn't win I assume Dave walks out as champion. Gonna say FACT here, as failure to pull the trigger on DB this time would make it pretty apparent that WWE has major reservations.

F/F- We will get a ppv match between Bray Wyatt and Daniel Bryan for the WWE title this year.

Fiction. Assuming that Daniel Bryan does win the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania I think that most of his reign will be spent feuding with Batista & The Authority. Unless its some kind of multi-man match I don't see it happening.

Fact or Fiction - The main event at WrestleMania will end up being a Fatal 4 Way between Orton, Batista, Bryan & Triple H rather than a triple threat match.

Fiction. There's a reason it's been two decades since we've went into Wrestlemania without having the main event set in stone. Really can't see WWE continuing to tweak it. Besides, they made a huge deal about guaranteeing a triple threat this past Monday.

F/F- Vince already knows what matches he wants to close out 31.