Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fact or Fiction?

Fact: At some point in the future, maybe 40-50 years, the WWE will close its doors due to lack of popularity. I know that it has been around in its current form for nearly 40 years, but eventually it will have problems and come to an end.

FACT or FICTION: HHH will get into the Hall of Fame before Vince.

I'm going to go FICTION if only because I think the Network will continue to appeal and people will still sign up to it, which will sustain the business for plenty long enough even if house show gates and ad revenue go down.

EDIT: Bugger, too late on that one. For HHH being a HoFer before Vince I'm going to go with FICTION, mainly because I think HHH will, like Vince, not induct himself and that Vince will go in the moment his inflated steroid abused heart goes pop.

FACT or FICTION: Within the next 5 years, one of the current 205 Live rostered talent will hold one of the major titles on either Raw or Smackdown (so US, IC, WWE, or Universal).

For what it's worth, 205 Live roster taken from Wikipedia:

Akira Tozawa
    Ariya Daivari
    The Brian Kendrick
    Cedric Alexander
    Drew Gulak
    Enzo Amore
    Gran Metalik
    Jack Gallagher
    Kalisto
    Lince Dorado
    Mustafa Ali
    Noam Dar
    Rich Swann
    TJP
    Tony Nese

FACT: One of those guys I could conceivably see winning either the IC or US title. BUT the next and only guy who is under 205 to win a major title in the WWE will be Balor.

FACT or FICTION: The Undertaker will be the second person ever to be inducted into the Hall of Fame and retire the next night. (cough, cough, Cena retires him in a retirement match)

Squared
    I mean, it could happen, but I'll go FICTION because it seems like there's a lot more roads that lead to it being fiction than fact from here.

FACT or FICTION: low attendance at Takeover events will see NXT scaled back dramatically within five years.
    "Eat my ass, Mooney"

FICTION, but only because I don't think it'll be low attendance for a serious length of time. The one thing they might end up doing is cutting down holding out of town Takeover shows in non-wrestling markets. They've not really gone to anywhere 'non-traditional' prior to Houston, in my opinion.

FACT or FICTION: Owen Hart gets a HoF induction before the 20th anniversary of his death.

Squared
    My instinct is that it's fiction. I honestly don't see Martha changing her mind anytime soon.

Fact or Fiction: Ring of Honor will ultimately be a more successful 'second' promotion than TNA/Impact/GFW ever have been.
    "Eat my ass, Mooney"

Fact. ROH is already the 2nd promotion in the US. And probably 3rd in the world, behind NJPW.

Fact or Fiction- 205 Live will be cancelled by the end of next year

Squared
    Seems like a big call to say they are already there, but OK. I must admit I haven't looked at any numbers lately to disagree with you.

I see that as a FACT, if I'm honest. Late next year, but while I wouldn't be stunned if it made it to the 2019 Royal Rumble, I'd be more surprised than if it didn't.

FACT or FICTION: A celebrity will appear as an active competitor in a high profile match at Wrestlemania in either 2018 or 2019.
    "Eat my ass, Mooney"

Fiction. I wouldn't count Ronda Rousey

Fact or Fiction: Velveteen Dream/Patrick Clark will be the best wrestler to ever come out of Tough Enough

Fact, the guy is young and has so much time to improve. Seems like the WWE can see the potential too and are giving him plenty of time to develop, build on his skills and crate a character.

As long as he doesn't stuff it up he will be one of the best.

Fact or Fiction: Jericho will wrestle in the WWE in 2018

The Greatest of All Time LWO4Life's Avatar
    Fact, you know it's all just a matter of time.

Correction to Pennywise, CMLL is still the 3rd biggest promotion in the world.

Fact or Fiction: With all the injuries stopping the SHIELD, WWE will finally turn Dean Ambrose heel on his return and he will have a feud of the year type program with Roman Reigns.

I want so hard for it to be fact but my faith in the WWE with Dean Ambrose is not what it once was so I will have to say fiction. My bet would be he returns against Rollins or winds up back in the intercontinental title scene.

Fact or fiction, Jinder Mahal will never regain the Word Championship.

Squared
    Controversial as this might be, I think that is probably FICTION.

FoF: NJPW will surpass the WWE as leader in the pro wrestling marketplace within our lifetime.
    "Eat my ass, Mooney"

Fiction, I feel like it will rise up and sweep up a lot of critical praise but will struggle to become a mainstream cultural institution in the west as WWE has managed to do.

F/F Getting the Glorious theme song was the worst thing that could have happened to Bobby Roode long term.

Fiction. Roode is 40 and yes he is still is in great shape, but he only has a few years left. He will turn heel and the theme will be as where it belongs, as a heel theme.

Glorious has gotten Roode over with the WWE immediately, and will keep him that way for a while.

F/F: Sable gets into the Hall when Lesnar does so they can go in together.

I'll go with Fact, she can be on the undercard and he will be a headliner.

f/f Triple H will still be wrestling in 10 years time

Fact, but I believe he shall have a break in between. And by wrestling, I mean one show (WM) each year. He's done as an active competitor.

FoF: The last match on the Wrestlemania card this year will involve the Undertaker.

FoF: The last match on the Wrestlemania card this year will involve the Undertaker.

Yes, Cena/ Taker.

FoF: Bryan have a chance to wrestle again in WWE
    And Jacob wrestled with God.

Squared
    Instinctively I'd say Fiction. If he is going to wrestle again I think it'll be elsewhere.

FoF: The 2006 Royal Rumble is a poor man's version of the 2004 Rumble match.
    "Eat my ass, Mooney"

Fact: Benoit was so central to the 04 Rumble, while (as I recall) Rey spends a lot of the 06 Rumble missing in action. It's like a less visible version of the '16 version in that respect (although obviously Reigns didn't go coast to coast).

FoF: The women's Rumble this year will be better received than the men's Rumble this year.

Fiction. I really care less for the women.

New Day will split in 2018
    And Jacob wrestled with God.

Unfortunately Fact. Xavier is the first to break away followed by Big E in a main event push after Mania.

F/F: Big E wins the WWE title by the end of 2018.

I said he'd be the WWE Champion in 5 years when he was with Ziggler/AJ, that must have been 2013-ish. So for personal reasons, I hope that's a FACT.

FoF: The Rock won't go into the HoF until Mania goes to Miamia, or at least Florida.

Mr 173
    Fact for sure. Rocky is Florida more than Rocky is WWE

FOF: The Undertaker will have his retirement segment on Raw 25

Fiction. The Cena match will be set up at RAW 25, but the retirement stip may bea few weeks away.

FOF: Orton's Mania match will be as art of the ARMBAR as there is nothing for him to do.

Squared
    Fact, hopefully.

Fact or Fiction: the Reigns steroid accusations will quickly fritter away to nothing.
    "Eat my ass, Mooney"

Fact, don't believe there's much in it anyway, but the Enzo story would overshadow it anyway.

FoF: Undertaker's WM plans were changed on the day of Raw 25, which resulted in the mostly pointless promo he cut early in the evening.

I'm going to go fact on that. Just something about it all seems to make sense.

I heard DDP say on a podcast this morning that if Time Warner hadn't bought out Ted Turner then WCW would still be going. FoF?

Squared
    Fact - if left to Ted I don't think he ever lets go of wrestling, and the only thing that stops that merger happening is Ted having more control than he'd let get to that point. So you have to do a bit of backwards configuration to have it happen, but once it does I think Ted rides out whatever he has to and they're still around.

Fact or Fiction: Had WCW survived, an influx of talent into both promotions from the defunct ECW would have energised the war following the excesses of 1999/2000 and turned around what were already declining audiences for both companies.
    "Eat my ass, Mooney"

Squared
    So looks like I killed this. A shame, I thought that was an interesting FoF.
    "Eat my ass, Mooney"

The Greatest of All Time LWO4Life's Avatar
    Oh, I can answer that. LOL

FICTION - So, had WCW stayed, they would have NOT survived, even with the influx of ECW talent that was sure to come. No doubt Heyman would have tried to get those guys to WWF, where he was working. But WCW had so many loses that it's hard to see a situation in which they stayed afloat. I think had they retreated back to Saturday Nights and done cheaper taped shows, they might have been able to bounce back eventually. And WCW bouncing back would have had WAY more credibility than TNA. I do think that if WCW survived, more so their deal with NJPW than any ECW talent would have helped them. But with that said, I don't see them surviving.

Fact or Fiction - This years Wrestlemania will find a way to stay under 5 hours on just the main card?

Squared
    Ha, I bumped it and then it wasn't answered properly... The question wasn't whether it could help them survive, but assumed they did survive as a prerequisite. More an if they survived what happens next.

I see the Wrestlemania one as fiction. The way we're talking now it sounds like it'll do well to stay under 6!

Fact or Fiction: Roman Reigns will win more world titles than Randy Orton.
    "Eat my ass, Mooney"

Fact, due to there being 2 world titles currently and Orton possibly only having another one or two left in his locker.

FoF: Reigns will win more World titles at a Wrestlemania than Cena (4).

Squared
    I guess I'll go fiction, since he's stuck on one still. It's not impossible, but how many years will he be the guy? How many of those years will he be in the Mania title match? How many will he be defending rather than challenging? How many times will he lose? Too many variables for me to say with confidence that he will reach more than Cena.

FoF: Vince McMahon will stand down by or on his 75th birthday.
    "Eat my ass, Mooney"

Fiction. I Think he goes sooner than three years.

F O F: The 2018 Hall of Fame class is headlined by Batista.

Squared
    If he goes sooner it's a fact, Powder.
    "Eat my ass, Mooney"

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    Fiction. I Think he goes sooner than three years.

F O F: The 2018 Hall of Fame class is headlined by Batista.
    Fiction. I think Big Dave feels disrespect from WWE and that won't cool for a bit.

F O F: Charlotte will be the first person to beat Ronda Rousey?

Misread, I thought you said on his 75th.....

Fiction. As I don't think they'll be on the same brands, and I can't see Ronda going the year undefeated. She may be the first to pin her though...

FoF: Wrestlemania 34 is better on a second watch along.

100% fact.
    The best matches all grow in stature the second time you watch them and you pick up new little bits while the surprises at this Mania mostly produced negative reactions in me so being ready for the silliness of Nicholas, the stupidity of Cena and the insanity of Brock v Roman is far better. Also the AJ v Shinsuke match is much better on a second watch when you are ready for something methodical.

F/F
    WM 34 is better than 33 & 32?