Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fact or Fiction?

Faction:

I think Vince wants Taker vs Cena. He is really running out of time, and next year at 31 is his probable last shot. Taker will be 50! at WM31.

Also, he probably has a few matches he is thinking about, like who Lesnar will be facing? (The Rock?)
    Who HHH will be facing...

ETC.

F or F:
    Bryan will hold the title from WM30 to mid July, as Guardians of the Galaxy opens Aug 1.
    Last edited by Powder; 03-24-2014 at 01:32 PM.

Fiction
    I see Bryan dropping the title at SummerSlam at the earliest.

ForF
    The Undertaker wrestles TWO matches in 2014.

Fiction. The match with Lesnar is gonna be the most physically demanding work he's done since his schedule's been cut back. Can't imagine him working MORE after it.

F/F- Sin Cara will be wished well in his future endeavors in 2014.
    I think it's awesome that the word lisp has an "s" in it.

Savior4Hire
    Fiction. The Sin Cara character may, and probably will, go away, but Hunico will stay on either the main roster or in FCW. Sin Cara will disappear without a whimper, but no "future endeavor" message will ever be released.

F/F: In addition to getting the rights to Colon's fed for the international release of the network, WWE will try to secure the rights to other international feds (World of Sport, FMW, etc).

Fact: WWE is in a position of being the biggest Wrestling company in the world and I am sure Triple H wants to take a piece of the pie out of the global scene.

FoF: Batista will win the title by Summerslam.
    And Jacob wrestled with God.

Fiction: Reckon he will more likely win AT Summerslam, than before.

FoF: There will be no new male champions in the WWE in 2014 (people who have yet to win a single belt at all)

Fiction: I could see the US or IC title go to a newish talent, whether that's Bo Dallas or Titus O'Neill or someone else.

Fact or Fiction: Brock Lesnar heads into WrestleMania 31 as WWE World Heavyweight Champion.

FACT. 'Mania is so hard to predict a year out, but that seems to be the general consensus. Plus, him losing the title a year after beating the streak would be the ultimate comeuppance.

F/F- Warrior's contract he signed with WWE would have seen him occupy some sort of on-screen role.

Don't WHAT? Me.
    FACT. He wouldn't be on every week....but he prolly would pop up for Old School RAW's and such.

F-or-F Bo Dallas will be a flop on the main roster.

I'll let someone who's actually seen his work answer this. I just wanted to know if the gimmick they're seemingly promoting him with in the vignettes is the same one he's been working in NXT. Doesn't he do some sort of DDP-ish ultra-positive shtick? Seems like that would make him a heel.....is he?

Don't WHAT? Me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smart_Mark View Post
    I'll let someone who's actually seen his work answer this. I just wanted to know if the gimmick they're seemingly promoting him with in the vignettes is the same one he's been working in NXT. Doesn't he do some sort of DDP-ish ultra-positive shtick? Seems like that would make him a heel.....is he?
    Yep...he's a heel who has been working the delusional gimmick. It really started to take off when he added BO to other words, such as calling his (non-existent fans) Bo-livers. I personally loved when he sang "Don't stop Bo-living"...

The not so good parts is I don't know if he's got it in the ring. I think he can get people to hate him (#nomorebo) over time, but with so many better above him and along side of him (Russev & Adam Rose are better IMO) idk if he will succeed

And he's Wyatt's brother, right? That right there gives him big shoes to feel when it comes to making an impact very quickly on the main roster.

Bo's coming up well with his new gimmick, though. As a cookie cutter heel, there wasn't much he could do. But ever since he decided to turn it up a few notches, he's been adding those little touches that are taking this gimmick above and beyond what it really is. Just see his "Occupy NXT" segment from this past week's episode. Almost the entire crowd turned their backs to him when he invited them to the ring. That was some great shit. His promos are gold, in that, he never stops smiling, but every once in a while he'll get aggressive during his matches. Those are just little nudges that work well for him.

His best heel work was at Arrival, I think, when the crowd was chanting "Boring" and he responded by saying, "Yeah! This is BO's ring!" Tremendous stuff.

I don't think he'll be readily accepted on the main roster, because the post Rumble stuff hurt him a lot. But overtime, this gimmick has the ability to translate into some good popularity. It'll probably take time, just like his brother's gimmick took, perhaps a little more.

Bray's first PPV on the main roster was Summerslam, and he just got through having a competitive match with John Cena at the biggest Wrestlemania of all time. He might have had a slow start, but I don't consider that "taking time". Not at all.

He wasn't getting particularly over, though, and it was the Daniel Bryan stuff that actually connected him with the crowd. His promos have also gotten a lot of meaning ever since he started interacting with main event level players.

I think just like the NXT crowd did, the main roster crowd would dictate Bo's development. He can be easily hated, but there can be a load of indifference as well.

Until I see him debut I can't comment much. But I call fiction on this simply because the crowd today seem to love a good original heel and I appreciate Bo's "So Good, he's Bad" gimmick It reminds me of a certain Kurt Angle. I bolive it will go over well.

FoF: Daniel Bryan have a "Punk-like" reign as champion, meaning he won't be headlining most of the PPVs even though he's the champ.

Fact: yes he is, i mean Kane? that's all i have to say

F/F- AJ Lee returns with CM Punk

Fiction, Punk will not be back anytime soon, but AJ will be back sooner.

FoF: Kurt Angle will have one more match in the WWE.

Fiction - I want it to be fact, but I think the severity of Angle's various injuries over the years will keep him from passing the re-entry test that would allow him to compete again. I do think he will be back to get inducted into the Hall of Fame within the next 3-4 years, though.

Fact or Fiction:
    The US Championship will be quietly "retired" in 2014 with Ambrose going down as the last champion.

The Greatest of All Time LWO4Life's Avatar
    Ficton! It needs to be united with the IC title. I'd prefer Triple H to punich Ambrose by actually making him defend the title. I can't believe that hasn't happen yet.

FoF - Alberto Del Rio will not be on the main roster by the end of the year?

Fiction. They still need that Latino demographic.

F/F: Harper and Rowan should be regular participants in the tag division by now.

Fiction - they need Bray... Bray needs them... divided don't work...

FoF - will WWE buy TNA someday?

This is a hard one. On one hand, TNA's library seems to be not worth much to WWE, and TNA has not been ever signicant in the growth of WWE. On the other hand, WWE might just want to buy TNA so that another competitor won't come in to buy TNA.

I would still say fiction though.

FoF - Taker still has one more match, meaning that he will be back at WM31 and retire after that.

Fiction. I mean....why?

F/F- Goldust and Cody will have a full blown feud, complete with (at least) two PPV matches and a gimmick for the blowoff.

Fiction. The issue is that the team is not red hot anymore, and the tag division again retreated to the background. They will probably have a simple break up with zero build up on Raw and that's that.

FoF: Is Kenta going to succeed in WWE like no other Japanese superstar has ever done before?

Fiction. he's going to end up like Tajiri or Yoshi Tatsu

F/F- The greatest diva in this day and age is Paige

Tough one but I am going to have to say Fiction.

AJ Lee is better, however this may change depending on how well the heel turn goes.

Fact or Fiction: Bryan will return before the end of 2014

YES YES YES. Fact. At least I pray so.
    Btw, Kenta will be a big deal.

FoF: Cena will beat Brock at Summerslam.

Fiction - There is no way Vince will taint what happened at Wrestlemania just to put Cena over. This match is only for the title because Bryan got injured, but Brock losing his first match back since beating Taker just isn't an option.

Fact or Fiction - The US and IC titles will be unified at Night of Champions.
    I've joined the columns! Check out my most recent instalment:

THE DEZ MOVEMENT
    Episode 9 - Head Boy

@BadNewsDezo

Fiction

US+the other continents = world. If they combined they technically become a world title, plus that would mean only three main titles, making about 1/4 of the roster irrelevant at all times.

Fact or Fiction: Xavier Woods stable will succeed in getting at least one person to the world title level

Fiction: almost nobody takes them seriously as individuals so i doubt it.

Fact or Fiction: either one of RybAxel turns face

Fact - i can't wait to see a Ryback face re-run. for some reason, I think he can go back to being as popular as he was, but with a more concrete character, now that we seen him around. Also, he's improved a whole lot.

What he needs is a good story to get behind.

FoF: Wyatts getting the tag titles at Summerslam

Fiction - The Ascension look like they're coming to the main roster soon and I'd imagine they will be going for the Usos and the tag belts - potentially at NOC

Fact or Fiction - The #WWETransformed pictures on their twitter account are for Adrian Neville.
    I've joined the columns! Check out my most recent instalment:

THE DEZ MOVEMENT
    Episode 9 - Head Boy

@BadNewsDezo

Fiction. it was for some stupid .com article.

Fact or Fiction: Sting will wrestle a match for WWE but NOT against Taker?

Fact.

Fact or Fiction - Xavier Woods' new stable will be dropped by January 2015.

A Professional Sort Of
    This one is a difficult one since we don't know which direction they will be going with it.

I'm going to say Fiction as I believe that there will be room for a stable going forward with the Shield splitting up and the Authority beginning to dissolve, giving the stable the time and space to be able to work with what they have. And even if it is a flop, I'd believe it would still last past Royal Rumble next year.

Fact or Fiction - There will be a divas match on pay per view that will get more than a 2 and a half star rating (out of 5)?

i had to think long & hard to answer this but it's fact: Paige and Aj's match at Summerslam will be the most memorable one in their feud

F/F- WWE will debut an new belt design for Brock Lesnar

Squared
    This was always a popular thread and seems like a good thing to try and get going again.

FACT or FICTION: Impact Wrestling will fail to survive the year 2018.

The Brain
    I love answering questions but hate coming up with my own.

FICTION: Impact Wrestling will survive the heat death of the universe, even if they never make a dime. They are the unkillable zombie promotion.

FACT or FICTION: One day CM Punk will return to wrestling.

Squared
    'One Day' and 'Wrestling'. Going to say fact just because I have a hard time imagining him not doing at least a one-off show ever again.

FACT or FICTION: In the future, the WWE will once again be as close to bankruptcy as they were in 1996/7.