Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: “The Immortal” Hulk Hogan Thread

Squared
    Ha, great gif. It's not the match, but it's a big set piece for sure.

They do the dreaded bear hug spot that i normally hate but when i watch, i just love it. the finish is legit great too cause i don't think Hogan had ever missed the leg drop in a big title match

The Greatest of All Time LWO4Life's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime Time View Post
    Believe in yourself and Hulkamania was the fourth demandment, brother.
    Greatest post of all time? Yes, this is the greatest post of all time brother!

Quote Originally Posted by mizfan View Post
    Haha, it took me a long time to realize he was actually saying "demandment" and not just mangling his words.

So, what is everyone's favorite Hogan match? Obviously there are a couple of modern ones, with Rock and with Vince stand out, and matches that hold big significance like the nWo turn and WM3 (which I rewatched recently and actually found to be quite good). Do people have anything more under the radar? Watching through the Heenan series I've really dug him against guys like Bockwinkel and Orndorff, and early in his WWF run he was highly motivated and had some pretty watchable matches with guys like King Kong Bundy (not that hard to do) and Big John Studd (MUCH harder to do). He also had at least one really good one with Harley Race, and there's some stuff in Japan like the Muta match. WCW is a bit sparse but I did like his stuff with Goldberg and Luger when he was actually working really hard to put them over.
    Okay, so favorite Hulk Hogan matches to me are a bit hard because it's not the actual matches that make Hulk Hogan but the charisma he brings in every match. It's never about Hulk in a match, but if his opponent can match him. The Rock comes to mind. I think one that's very underrated was his steel cage match with Paul Orndorff. That was a big memory in my childhood.

Has Vince McMahon Lost Confidence in Roman Reigns.

The Brain
    I've enjoyed every single Orndorff/Hogan singles match I've seen, except for a house show run in October '86 where they did a shitty gimmick where Hogan would lose the title if he got DQ'd. In every single one of those matches, Hogan would find a way to hit Orndorff with a chair for absolutely no reason, just to be a dick. Drove me crazy. But yeah, overall Orndorff was an amazing opponent for him. The SNME cage match was awesome but they had a cage match I liked even better in Philly in December '86. I think my favorite between them might be The Big Event though.

Squared
    I don't think Hogan drops off in form until 1991, to be honest. After that point there are fairly recurrent questions about his motivation levels but the more I think of it, up until that point you pretty much always got a good show out of Hogan.

Squared
    Right, all that stuff about Hogan coming back seems to be off the cards since he's suing someone about the sextape again. Can't see them touching him with that going on. Nor can he sue on the grounds of his career being ruined while appearing on RAW or Wrestlemania.