Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: “The Immortal” Hulk Hogan Thread

But that is what we are talking about. Spiking the ratings. Ratings mean almost nothing now. With basically everyone owning a DVR, and the ability to record multiple shows at nice while watching another, kills ratings. The WWE used to be must see TV (thanks Miz), but now many people record the shows and FF though them or watch the condensed version on Hulu.

RTings don’t mean that much anymore. But if you want to pull higher numbers, respond to your vocal fan base like you used to and give them what they want. I.e. Rusev Day, Joe, Strowman, Miz, etc.

I totally forgot about Punk too. I agree that his return would be huge, it would even attract some mainstream attention, but I don't know what the sustained affect on ratings would be. I would seriously doubt that they would regularly get high 3s or low 4s for instance. Maybe the first few times, and then a sustained few hundred thousand bump. He would obviously be a huge asset in other ways though even if he didn't get their ratings back to 2012 levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    But that is what we are talking about. Spiking the ratings. Ratings mean almost nothing now. With basically everyone owning a DVR, and the ability to record multiple shows at nice while watching another, kills ratings. The WWE used to be must see TV (thanks Miz), but now many people record the shows and FF though them or watch the condensed version on Hulu.

RTings don’t mean that much anymore. But if you want to pull higher numbers, respond to your vocal fan base like you used to and give them what they want. I.e. Rusev Day, Joe, Strowman, Miz, etc.
    They do have dvr numbers though, so the decline can't just be attributed to that. A lot of people have just tuned out of WWE entirely over the last 5 years.
    Last edited by Allystare; Yesterday at 11:40 AM.

Compared to last year, this years ratings have been slightly up. Its not the steady decline they've had in recent years.

The Greatest of All Time LWO4Life's Avatar
    This is the first year that WWE increased in ratings overall, which is a good sign, and also weird that it followed Reigns not winning the title. I think people are interested in what WWE might do now with that.

I dont think its as simple as that. Its not like the increase is so big that it can be tied to any story direction. I just feel like with the brand split, a feeling of stable programming helps. If any one decison helped withratings, it was Ronda.

Bringing it back to Hogan, His effect would be minimal considering the lack of a real jump from bigger mainstream stars