Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NXT General Discussion

Oliver

NXT General Discussion

This weeks NXT is pretty good:

Tag Team Turmoil: Realest Guys in the Room vs Odd Couple vs Legionnaires vs The Ascension
    Sasha Banks vs Bayley
    Aiden English vs A.N. Other
    Sami Zayn vs El Local
    Triple H announcement

Lots of storyline development going on, and some fascinating stuff with Bo Dallas who is really shining in his current character.

If you don't know already - NXT is free to air on Hulu in the US. If you're not in the US...there are certain ways around the restriction that will allow you to watch it, most of which involve a plug-in on your internet browser. Am I allowed to say that? Regardless, don't pirate it - it's not worth it, you get a much better quality on Hulu, even if you have to watch a few minutes of adverts.

For some reason I am liking Aiden English's character, the way he demands a spotlight and sings is just too darn funny and the best part is that the crowd does not know what to make of him. Hopefully they flesh it out a bit more in the near future.

I was at the last set of tapings. You can actually see me and my girl in the back row. I'm in a black Fandango shirt, and she's in a white CM Punk shirt. There's a real good shot of me during the last shot of the fans after JBL's announcement/speech.

I've been waiting on an Aiden English push for some time, and I'm very glad he's getting one. The hipster/beatnik gimmick is rather fantastic, and the fans at the tapings (well, most but not all of them) ate it up. Chants of "bravo!" and "encore!" got thrown at him a lot. I do think it's probably good with the smaller crowd, but I don't know how it will translate to the main roster and larger venues and crowds, but for NXT, it works perfectly.

MRB
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I was at the last set of tapings. You can actually see me and my girl in the back row. I'm in a black Fandango shirt, and she's in a white CM Punk shirt. There's a real good shot of me during the last shot of the fans after JBL's announcement/speech.

I've been waiting on an Aiden English push for some time, and I'm very glad he's getting one. The hipster/beatnik gimmick is rather fantastic, and the fans at the tapings (well, most but not all of them) ate it up. Chants of "bravo!" and "encore!" got thrown at him a lot. I do think it's probably good with the smaller crowd, but I don't know how it will translate to the main roster and larger venues and crowds, but for NXT, it works perfectly.
    Cool, I was just going to ask if I heard right when I thought they chanted "Bravo!"

+ I am envious.

Reality Champ
    Love that H is doing what I hoped, and hinting that he'll use NXT as a deterrent for anyone who challenges his authority.

And I agree with you, I have no idea if Aiden English will really translate to the main roster, but I'm really enjoying him right now.

SoulPhoenix316
    ......I just witnessed Aiden English, i don't know what he is, but he's hilarious, haha

Razor ramon
    Aiden English is absolutely brilliant, think he reminds me of a young singing HHH with his ring attire an the way he presents himself like HHH used to with the curtsey, he's also big, strong an good in the ring, give him a year or 2 an I can see him being on the main roster, only thing I'd question is whet here the gimmick would work to a big crowd week in week out, suppose could work as a heel well an get heat from it, not 100% though. As for bayley I just don't understand the character, she just seems like a very excited kid, seems strange to say the least

Quote Originally Posted by Razor ramon View Post
    As for bayley I just don't understand the character, she just seems like a very excited kid, seems strange to say the least
    Her character is basically that of a literal fan of pro wrestling. She's easily excitable and likes mostly all the people around her, because she's watched them before. It's why she's teaming up with Charlotte, Ric Flair's daughter: she was such a huge fan of Flair that she offered to team up with Charlotte and help her out.

She's an excitable, cutesy fan of wrestling who just so happens to be a wrestler, as well. I think it's an interesting gimmick to say the least, and it helps her stand out and become likeable.

Reality Champ
    Mojo Rawley debuting next week!

10/2/13 NXT:

Fandango & Summer Rae vs. Emma & Santino Marella

The Ascension promo

Kassius Ohno vs. Luke Harper

Enzo Amore & Colin Cassady promo

Mojo Rawley vignette

NXT Tag Team Title match: The Ascension vs. Corey Graves & Adrian Neville

Bo Dallas Invitational: Bo Dallas vs. some guy

Bo Dallas Invitational: Bo Dallas vs. masked guy

MRB
    Emma and Santino tagging in and out was funny.

Ohno vs Harper was way, way too short.

Rick Victor is still very green. He is also balding rapidly.

Oliver
    I would have gladly had five more minutes of Ohno vs Harper. Just felt like it was really getting going when it finished. The knee from Ohno was excellent, though, so crisp. Hopefully he's going to be a regular again now.

Dario
    Did anyone else notice the crowd get excited when Wyatt's music hit, and get disappointed when they found out it's just Harper?

Also, sometimes I forget how funny Santino is. The guy was hilarious during the tag team match.

The Brain
    Santino is one of the best comedic wrestlers WWE has ever had, for sure.

Emma is just too, too delightful. It's ridiculous.

SoulPhoenix316
    Santino and Emma are my new favourite tag team, haha

10/9/13 NXT:

Leo Kruger vs. Antonio Cesaro

Charlotte w/Bayley vs. Santana Garrett

Mojo Rawley vignette

Summer Rae & Sasha Banks interview

Danny Burch vs. Mojo Rawley

Emma & Paige interview

Scott Dawson & Alexander Rusev w/Sylvester Lefort vs. Enzo Amore & Collin Cassady

Sami Zayn interview

Aiden English vs. Rob Van Dam w/Ricardo Rodriguez

Aiden English is absolutely amazing.

MRB
    Kruger vs. Cesaro was good, but I don't like Kruger as a face.

I was more impressed with Danny Burch than Mojo Rawley, but I think I've seen him before and this was Mojo's very first match, right? I will soon start hating Mojo's character.

Scott Dawson is only good when he's beating someone up, as soon as there is any give and take it all gets awkward.

Aiden English is indeed amazing.
    "Exit stage left" I think he said while trying to leave the match.
    Last edited by MRB; 10-10-2013 at 09:33 PM.

Reality Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by MRB View Post

I was more impressed with Danny Burch than Mojo Rawley, but I think I've seen him before and this was Mojo's very first match, right? I will soon start hating Mojo's character.
    His first televised match. He's wrestled a few times at NXT house shows. But yeah, he only joined the business a year ago, so he's still really raw.

The Brain
    So here's a general thought on NXT... can all the colorful gimmicks and characters they are developing down there really work on the main roster? I'm thinking most obviously of the Wyatts, who were very well received in NXT but have made much less impact on the main roster than hoped by fans of the gimmick (myself included).

So is it the gimmicks themselves that are the problem? Or is WWE Creative incapable/unwilling to do the work to fully embrace it? And will WWE continue to run into this problem as they call up others?

SoulPhoenix316
    Really starting to be impressed by Charlotte, she's a little sloppy on the odd move, but i think she's got tons of potential

And maybe it's just me, but the Earthquake Splash doesn't look quite so impressive when it's being done by someone the size of Mojo Rawley
    Last edited by SoulPhoenix316; 10-14-2013 at 08:34 PM.

10/16/13 NXT:

NXT Tag Team Titles: The Ascension vs. Adrian Neville & Corey Graves

Tyler Breeze vs. C.J. Parker

Paige & Emma vs. Summer Rae & Sasha Banks

NXT championship: Sami Zayn vs. Bo Dallas

Reality Champ
    Real good title match. Crowd was making it feel like a major PPV main event.

The tag match, on the other hand, was not good and felt like shit. The Ascension still need a lot of work before getting called up. They have the potential and have good gimmicks, but man are they tough to care about in the ring.

10/24/13 NXT:

Emma vs. Sasha Banks w/Summer Rae

Bo Dallas interview

Corey Graves promo

Casey Maron & Tommy Taylor vs. The Ascension

Sami Zayn interview

John Bradshaw Layfield interview

C.J. Parker vs. Alexander Rusev

Corey Graves vs. Adrian Neville

It seems like they've dropped Rusev from Lefort.

NXT 10/30/13:

Enzo Amore & Colin Cassady vs. Alexander Rusev & Sylvester Lefort

The Real Americans vignette

Aiden English vs. Jason Jordan

Adrian Neville interview

Daniel Bryan vignette

NXT women's title: Summer Rae w/ Sasha Banks vs. Paige

Bella Twins vignette

Tyler Breeze interview

Curtis Axel vignette

Big E Langston vignette

Luke Harper promo

Tyler Breeze vs. C.J. Parker

Thought this week was much better than last week.

Oliver
    I think this week was an improvement too - I don't think Summer vs Paige was for the title, though, it wasn't announced as such was it? That looks super vignette heavy in comparison with what I just saw on Hulu, too. The Harper promo was interesting, wasn't sure how he'd be on the mike on his own. Passable was the answer, but it might have been helped by the style that was added in the video.

I was watching on a different site, so maybe they just removed the vignettes on Hulu. The sound is messed up on my computer, so I couldn't hear if it was for the title or not. I just assumed it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    The tag match, on the other hand, was not good and felt like shit. The Ascension still need a lot of work before getting called up. They have the potential and have good gimmicks, but man are they tough to care about in the ring.
    Also, I haven't seen the last two shows yet, but Corey Graves is impossible to care about. He sucks so, so much.

Agree 100% on Graves. I don't hate him or like him, he's just there. I actually feel the same way about Neville too, despite how good he is in the ring.

Dario
    I like Graves, and I think he is pretty good in the ring. He is confident, he got the looks, and all he needs is to improve his mic skills and then nothing's going to stop him. Also I think Graves should definitely be a villain. Everything about the guy screams heel. I didn't like his babyface run that much.

The Brain
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    The Harper promo was interesting, wasn't sure how he'd be on the mike on his own. Passable was the answer, but it might have been helped by the style that was added in the video.
    From what I've seen of his pre-WWE work he's generally solid, not exceptional but does a big guy like that really need to be? He can hold his own. Tons of potential.

11/6/13 NXT:

-Sylvester Lefort & Lana backstage segment

-Sylvester Lefort vs. Alexander Rusev w/Lana

-Charlotte, Bayley, Sasha Banks, & Summer Rae backstage segment

-El Local vs. Leo Kruger

-Paige & Emma backstage segment

-Travis Tyler & Troy McClain vs. The Ascension

-Mojo Rawley vs. Ty Dillinger

-Luke Harper vs. Kassius Ohno

Goldberg Rules!
    Big rumor is WWE released Kassius Ohno tonight.

Retarded as fuck.

Ohno might be taking the Lowki route (which didnt work out well for him). Better to get released before RAW tv then to make tv and get jobbed out. Remember Idol Stevens?

Erick Rowan gets caled up to the main roster but Chris Hero gets released ... seriously?
    Last edited by Irishsara; 11-09-2013 at 07:40 AM.

Reality Champ
    Meh, I'm not surprised. He clearly didn't want to be in the WWE, and the WWE had plenty of people who wanted his job. Why waste either side's time?

He didn't want to be in the WWE? How do you figure someone who signed a contract didn't wanna be there?

Not losing weight equates to not wanting a job? Considering he used to be over 300 pounds I don't think him losing weight is an issue. He clearly lost weight in the past when he wanted to. I'm pretty sure he isn't gonna get into any better shape unless he works out 8 hours a day. People pretending as if he did no work what so ever.

He should have showed H a picture of himself when he started working. Dude is probably in the best shape of his life and it still isnt good enough? Shits a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by KiLL CoLD View Post
    He should have showed H a picture of himself when he started working. Dude is probably in the best shape of his life and it still isnt good enough? Shits a joke.
    Sounds to me like King of the Indys all over again. CM Punk without Heyman and ECW.

Reality Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by KiLL CoLD View Post
    He didn't want to be in the WWE? How do you figure someone who signed a contract didn't wanna be there?

Not losing weight equates to not wanting a job? Considering he used to be over 300 pounds I don't think him losing weight is an issue. He clearly lost weight in the past when he wanted to. I'm pretty sure he isn't gonna get into any better shape unless he works out 8 hours a day. People pretending as if he did no work what so ever.

If he's working at the facility less than anybody else in NXT, then yes, I consider that not caring about making it in the WWE. Nobody was asking him to spend an extra 8 hours there, just not spend less than literally everyone else.

Oliver
    I think we can speculate on what did or did not happen with Ohno and management all we want - truth is, we might never know the truth about that specific incident. All we can say is that, assuming he was asked to improve his physical appearance/conditioning, he did everything he was asked - guy is in the best shape I've seen him in right now. Very odd timing - if it had been back when he was supposedly in the dog house then it would have made sense. When he seems to have done exactly what was demanded of him, it's pretty shitty to release him.