Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: NXT General Discussion

Tushy
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Farrell View Post
    Guy was going for a standing rana but his technique wasn't what I was expecting so it wound up being more of a John Cena Hurricanrana, which I will heretofore affectionately refer to as the "powerbomb monkey flip".
    Oh sorry was you actually in a match? I just had visions of you hitting wrestling moves on random guys in the street!!!! And the sad thing is even that would look better than Cena's wrestling!

Goldberg Rules!
    He's a wrestler. The token official one for this site, too.

Tushy
    Quote Originally Posted by T.O. View Post
    He's a wrestler. The token official one for this site, too.
    Thanks for clearing that up for me mate you'll have to bear with me as I am new to this following years of being a complete technophobe!

You proved your age and intelligence that by shitting on Cena's wrestling skills.

Tushy
    Quote Originally Posted by PEN15 View Post
    You proved your age and intelligence that by shitting on Cena's wrestling skills.
    Um thanks or huh?

On his shoot video Hero said Richie Steamboat got released...and had he stayed they would have changed his name if called up.

Quote Originally Posted by KiLL CoLD View Post
    On his shoot video Hero said Richie Steamboat got released...and had he stayed they would have changed his name if called up.
    this made me so sad

Richie was bland and boring IMO. Unless he had some super gimmick where he didn't have to emote I don't think he would have lasted long anyway.

I loved the stuff Richie did with Maddox I really liked. He was cute and personable and I liked how he moved and although he lacked sharp edges, I think he was a great foil for Maddox and when they were in that Tag team, i dunno i dug their styles. Its rare i genuinely connect with a true straight 80s babyface like that.

I also wish Brad wrestled more.

The Brain
    Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
    Powerbombs happen as regular moves now though.
    Who? I'm looking over the WWE roster and I can't really think of anyone who does it even semi-regularly.

Besides, wrestlers take normal moves and dub them finishers all the time. Dean Ambrose's finisher is just a weaker version of a normal DDT, but he executes it well so it looks good. Curtis Axel's finisher to do the weakest neckbreaker in existence. Hell, Dolph Ziggler's finisher is to crash his own body from 6 feet in the air while gently holding on to his opponent. Mojo could do a lot worse than a powerbomb.

So it looks like the main page confirms that Richie Steamboat has been quietly released from his Developmental deal.

His back injury is probably career threatening but I hope he was released to keep him from rushing back in shape and giving him time to get better and get comfortable. I mean I dont see why the WWE would renew a contract if a guy wasnt wrestling. Although I dont think he should rush back into the ring. Id love to see him take a couple tours overseas first before signing up for the crazy schedule of NXT.
    Last edited by Irishsara; 12-19-2013 at 04:44 PM.

The Brain
    I'll admit I haven't seen all that much of the guy's work, but isn't word on the street that he's, well, nothing special? Is there appeal there beyond being the Dragon's kid?

I did watch a bit of his stuff. Even against Ohno, he was bland. I don't think he'll be missed much.

Quote Originally Posted by mizfan View Post
    I'll admit I haven't seen all that much of the guy's work, but isn't word on the street that he's, well, nothing special? Is there appeal there beyond being the Dragon's kid?
    Here are some matches if you are interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOD8c6i749g

Richie Steamboat vs. Seth Rollins for the FCW Heavyweight Championship

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX0aLMUCeX8

Antonio Cesaro vs. Richie Steamboat for the FCW 15 Championship

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKg0cR6rWUo

Richie Steamboat vs. Damien Sandow for the FCW 15 Championship

He also had a great match with Brad Maddox on FCW Airdate 9/11/11 which i cannot find.

The Brain
    I'll definitely check them out when I have the time, thanks.

Wanted to say I absolutely loved Tyler Breeze's character work during the lumberjack match. That is a man who really gets what his whole gimmick is about and will work everything about his performance into it. I see a lot of potential there.

Tushy
    Add Tyler Breeze to the list of guys I'd like to see eventually elevated to the main roster

deprice659
    The NXT Divas actually get me hopeful about the future of the Divas division. With Paige, the sky is the limit as she is excellent in the ring and has that "it factor" and badass anti-diva gimmick to match. Bayley is a solid wrestler and a very well executed and entertaining overzealous fangirl character. Emma is solid enough and Summer Rae, who just debuted, also wrestles well and plays the meangirl character to a tee. With current divas like AJ, Tamina, and Natalya, they have the potential to have a division that could equal the Knockouts in their prime. Although, nothing in WWe's booking history suggests any reason to be optimistic about Creative's capacity or interest in following through on this. But we'll see.

Is Bill Demott right about NXT? Does NXT have better talent then the entire of the Indys? Personally i can think of 4 or 5 guys more talented than most of the NXT roster.

Don't WHAT? Me.
    I love NXT, but they don't even have a wrestler better than Cima (from DG/DGUSA)....and he's prolly not even top 20 in the indys. FOH

Quote Originally Posted by phemom View Post
    I love NXT, but they don't even have a wrestler better than Cima (from DG/DGUSA)....and he's prolly not even top 20 in the indys. FOH
    You must mean other than Sammi Zayn, Enzo Amore and Pac ...

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishsara View Post
    Is Bill Demott right about NXT? Does NXT have better talent then the entire of the Indys? Personally i can think of 4 or 5 guys more talented than most of the NXT roster.
    Yes, I can think of very few guys in the "mainstream indies" (RoH, DGUSA, EVOLVE, etc.) with the potential to even break through to WWE main roster if and sent to NXT. NXT on the other hand has a dozen or more potential midcarders.

That's just it, in those mainstream indies, I can think of only a few guys that would even make it as midcarders in WWE. Now, there's more out there than mainstream indies (and it seems a little "cliquey" and hard to get in to for most guys), but of those guys, I can't see it. I cannot fathom why you'd want a Joey Ryan when you've already got a bevvy of comedy characters which is ultimately all he'd amount to.

Also, you don't need to have drawn to know what does draw. That's like saying that you'd better have been Wayne Gretzky to know how to coach hockey (guess what, Gretzky wasn't the best coach). When I was on the amateur circuit in high school and university, I was a far better coach than I ever was competitor because I had a mastery of the fundamentals, knew exactly what I was looking at and how to spot (and, more importantly, fix) mistakes, had been in the sport and around high-calibre athletes long enough to know what I was talking about, but I lacked that raw talent. You put me on the mat with your average guy, and I know how to beat him, you put me out there with a really good wrestler and he'd beat me.

I see DeMott the same way. Next to some of the guys in WCW at the time, he was not a main eventer. But he knows what it takes to be one. Hell, you put him on the indies and he'd probably be a main event talent.

Anyone can wrestle. You can train a chimp to be a great wrestler or a below average gymnast to be an "athletic indy guy" quite easily. "Sports entertaining" is something different entirely.

Reality Champ
    Saying none of them have better talent is probably incorrect. His general premise, and the general premise of that news report, which is that Joey Ryan is too old to start breaking into WWE is probably correct. If you're as old as Joey Ryan, you better be ready to step into a WWE ring within 6 months, or you're really of no use to the WWE. If you've wrestled for over a decade in one style, and then you're asked to totally change that, very few of those guys would be able to do it, Ryan included.

are we doing a live NXT arrival thread? or am I watching this by myself. I think the NXT is solid and this place was really fun during The Tuesday Night ECW show.

Hey, Drake Younger has been signed by the WWE

Drake wrestled for EVOLVE, Dragon Gate USA, Chikara and was a guest of Colt Cabanna and the Kevin Steen show

http://tsmradio.com/coltcabana/2012/...drake-younger/

I don't see Drake going very far..

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
    I don't see Drake going very far..
    Hes not yet 30 i dont think. He has a year or two to work the system.

But yeah he looks like hes about 5ft7 or 5ft8 ... I wonder how he will do in the land of the giants. But they must have seen something in the tryout.

I will admit this one was a bit of a surprise. I cannot see why you would sign drake younger and not Eddie Kingston.

Drake's voice is just annoying.. he's a decent wrestler but I think they already have the better type of talent like Calihan and Moxley. I would sign Steen over Younger.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
    Drake's voice is just annoying.. he's a decent wrestler but I think they already have the better type of talent like Calihan and Moxley. I would sign Steen over Younger.
    Dont jinx it ...

Hylton
    I'm gonna start watching NXT soon. I'm really looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
    I'm gonna start watching NXT soon. I'm really looking forward to it.
    There is a rumor that the FCW stuff will be on the network too. Id have killed to be able to chase my fav wrestlers in a searchable way when i started watching the developmentals.

COtNight
    The Acsension FTW

Adam Rose is the shit.

Reality Champ

NXT "Live" Shows

Figured we might as well have a thread, if not one for every week. Adam Rose seems fun. Shocked how well they were able to make him over.

Oliver
    That entrance, man. That entrance.

Just watched this week's NXT. Britista is looking a lot better than i remember.

I love Bo's promos tho his match had dead spots in it this week, If Cass can put it all together he would be a great heavy for someone.

deprice659
    As I understand it, Raymond Leppan AKA Leo Kruger was strongly behind the gimmick change and had at least some input into the Adam Rose character and felt that was a more accurate extension of his personality than Leo Kruger. Also, did anyone else hear the rumors that The Ascension may tag with Kane and face The Shield? I realize those are just rumors at this point, but I am curious because I have not seen the Ascension wrestle lately - have they improved in the ring? Are they worthy of facing off with The Shield at Wrestlemania? I'm a bit surprised that HHH isn't pushing to create more tag teams in NXT.

COtNight
    Just watched this week's NXT (3/27/2014), and that was pretty awesome seeing Neville bust out that reverse 450 splash at the end of the NXT title match!

That Adrian Neville vs. Bo Dallas match was sold. It has some great psychology and wasnt just a spotfest. Pac/Adrian Neville has really benefited from NXT.

Is the WWE ever going to call up Mason Ryan again?

There was actually talk of him replacing Reigns in the Shield when Reigns was supposed to break away. As that didn't happen, I'd venture go guess no.