Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Chikara

Yeah that's what i'm into as well, I've just never really given it a chance.

The Brain
    I won't lie, it's a bit of a commitment. Storylines generally burn slow and it takes some investment to follow everything. Random shows are still fun though because you always get some some funny shtick or random great matches with in house or guest talent.

Squared
    Wow. I love the idea of slow burn stories again, but I've got to be honest a lot of that sounds more like Power Rangers than wrestling to me. Half expected someone to turn evil when the top heel burned a green candle! I suspect this is going to be a real love it or hate it kind of product.

The Brain
    Haha, yeah those aspects would probably not be your cup of tea Pete. They intentionally push the boundaries of what stories you can tell in pro wrestling and aren't afraid to use some really outside the box stuff, though they do an admirable job of making it internally consistent at least.

I do think you'd like some of the matches though, the style has a nice emphasis on character and psychology, and by no means do all the stories have those "magic" elements. I think you'd really dig the Quack/Smashmaster angle, for instance.

Squared
    You may be right, but I'm not great at that kind of bracketing off the things I like from the things that I don't. I'm kind of either high on the whole product, or not so much, and within that I'm not the most flexible, to be completely honest about it.