Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chikara

There was like 30 people. One of em could have slid out real quick.

Nope, all three guys are clearly visible before he gets in the ring. It's someone else.

I just finished "you only live twice" going to the south windsor show most likely..

The big guy, maybe Snitsky?

The Brain
    If so, I wonder if there would be a conflict with him working with TNA. I know TNA has lent a few guys to CHIKARA before, but not for quite a while, I think the last one being Amazing Red 4 or 5 years back.

Its not him.

The Brain
    It did seem like a longshot. If it's someone we should recognize, I can't figure it out.

I watched the Chicago and Detroit shows over the last few days and I hate to say it but my joy in CHIKARA is waining. Actually I think it started way back when Lince got fired and others started leaving. I do not care for Kingston anymore. I do not really like a lot of these new "Wrestling Is...: guys. Though I am glad to see Jimmy Jacobs getting more work. There is like zero taped promos anymore.

Reality Champ
    The first name for the Kings of Trios has been announced.....THE SPIRIT SQUAD!

So awesome.

The Brain
    I've gone back to watch a couple King of Trios tourneys, but this will be the first I watch live(ish). That is an awesome first entry.

Trios announced so far:

1. The Spirit Squad

2. The Spectral Envoy

3. Team UK

4. (will be announced tonight)

The Brain
    I'm going out a limb to predict some kind of Flood victory at King of Trios. Based on the way the story is going, I'd say Jimmy Jacobs, Eddie Kingston, and... maybe Dukalion? I figure he's got to wrestle eventually, right? If not him, then maybe 17, Jigsaw, or Delirious? Somebody important to the storyline I would think, though with the size of the stable I guess they have plenty to choose from.

Fourth trio to join the 2014 edition of the King of Trios tournament? The Colony

5th team announced

The Devastation Corporation : Max Smashmaster & Blaster McMassive & Flex Rumblecrunch

Flex Rumblecrunch lmao.

Team 6

3peck0 : Shane Matthews & Archibald Peck & Scott “Jagged” Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
    Flex Rumblecrunch lmao.
    I love the name Flex Rumblecrunch.

With the announcement of 3Peck0 in KoT I am putting my money on them.

Team 7

GEKIDO : The Shard & 17 & Jigsaw

Team 8

The Golden Trio : “Mr. Touchdown” Mark Angelosetti & Icarus & Dasher Hatfield

Trio 9

BDK3 : Ares & Dr. Cube & Nøkken

Trio 10

KE4TPG: Jolly Roger & Lance Steel & Princess Kimberlee

Trio 11

Team Extravaganza: Jervis Cottonbelly & ThunderKitty & Marion Fontaine

Trio 12

Kizarny & his Odditorium: Sir Oliver Grimsly & Sinn Bodhi & Qefka the Quiet

Trio 13

The Bloc Party: Mr. Azerbaijan & Proletariat Boar of Moldova & Prakash Sabar

Trio 14

The Flood: Volgar & Jimmy Jacobs & Eddie Kingston

Trio 15

The Colony: Xtreme Force: Orbit Adventure Ant & Missile Assault Ant & Arctic Rescue Ant

Trio 16

LAX: Chavo Guerrero, Jr. & Homicide & Hernandez
    Last edited by TripleR; 09-06-2014 at 05:59 PM.

Deucalion was unmasked tonight...

Danny Basham?

I honestly can't tell who it is

Reality Champ
    People are saying it might be someone named Davey Andrews, who sounds vaguely familiar, but I'm not quite sure why.

Davey hasn't wrestled in 9 years I think and he was like 5'8...but Kingston was a huge fan of his. Doubt its him tho. The way Kid Cyclone looked at him it seems he is just another rookie.

Word from a lot of the fans as well is that they know Volgar [ he is standing next to Deucalion in the first pic.] is under the mask as well and that he is a returning wrestler. A tattoo behind his ear is apparently the give away.
    Last edited by KiLL CoLD; 09-21-2014 at 01:43 AM.

You gotta respect the balls off Mike Quackenbush. he's been wrestling in the indys for 20 years and never once considered to wrestle for WWE.

how do you think they would've used him if he did?

They wouldn't have used him because he wouldn't fit in. He seems like the type who would quit before doing what he didn't want to do.

The Brain
    I believe I heard that he and Reckless Youth were being considered for WCW but it shut down before it could come to anything... if Quack had developed on a big stage it's hard to imagine what it would have looked like. If he had committed to it, I would guess he would have just adapted to a different style. Once he really got going with CHIKARA though I don't think anything could have torn him away, he clearly is really dedicated to doing things his own away.

I would've envisioned him as part of the cruiserweight division with the likes of Mysterio or Chavo or an Shannon Moore.

The Brain
    This is true of a lot of wrestlers, but I would have loved to see him against someone like Regal, Benoit, or Eddie Guerrero, someone else with a knowledge of many styles and high technical skills. Quack's style is not for everyone but talk about your human chess match...

I dunno. Those guys do their best to make wrestling seem as real as they can. Quack on the other hand comes across as a comic book character trying to wrestle. Even his moves. Sometimes he does moves just to do them. He is a great wrestler but it doesn't translate as well like it does for other guys.

Quote Originally Posted by KiLL CoLD View Post
    I dunno. Those guys do their best to make wrestling seem as real as they can. Quack on the other hand comes across as a comic book character trying to wrestle. Even his moves. Sometimes he does moves just to do them. He is a great wrestler but it doesn't translate as well like it does for other guys.
    you know, probably one of the reasons he retired from in-ring competition just for these moves.

He retired because he took too many bad bumps and seems like he wants to walk for a few more years.

Very interesting KoT this year, from a very drunk sounding Sean Waltman on commentary during Night One to the eventual winners.

Waltman not being sure of what to make of X-Pakistan was easily the highlight of night one. Him making the "hey that looks familiar but I did it ten times better" quips throughout that match was money.

The Brain
    Quote Originally Posted by KiLL CoLD View Post
    He does have that tendency, especially when he's wrestling people he's trained, but I feel like he's able to switch his style up when he's in there with different guys, with more lucha influence with guys like Skayde and all the other luchadors who come through CHIKARA, and more of a catch style when he's in there with guys like Hero and Saint. He's definitely not an exact match for the guys I mentioned but I think at the very least it would make for a very interesting bout.

Quote Originally Posted by FoonZeeS View Post
    Very interesting KoT this year, from a very drunk sounding Sean Waltman on commentary during Night One to the eventual winners.
    I'm so sure nobody told Waltman that they had created a masked Georgian pirate version of him before sticking him on commentary. Listening to him slowly realize was hilarious.

Didn't Quack and Eddie Guerrero wrestle back in like 2002?

So, the Army of the Pharaohs released their new music video. Couple of familiar faces in there for the CHIKARA faithful. Absolutely amazing vid.

The Brain
    Quote Originally Posted by FoonZeeS View Post
    Didn't Quack and Eddie Guerrero wrestle back in like 2002?
    I feel like I've heard that somewhere but I can't find it specifically mentioned anywhere, let alone a video of it, so not in any meaningful way.

Quack talks briefly about wrestling Eddie in February 2002.

The Brain
    I thought I heard it somewhere, thanks. Wish it was something that could be seen, though Quack in '02 isn't nearly as good as he would later get. Eddie was amazing around that time though, was there anyone he didn't wrestle in between his WWE stints?

So...Delirious vs. UltraMantis Black in a loser leaves CHIKARA match.

I hate it.

The Brain
    I've been avoiding results until I can actually watch the November shows, but I'm not surprised it came to that given the multi year buildup and Delirious not wrestling that much in CHIKARA recently anyway.

Hate it because...?

They are probably my two favorite CHIKARA guys outside of Jacobs. Don't wanna see either go because neither wrestle much anywhere else.