Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dolph Ziggler

wfrw07

Dolph Ziggler

http://www.wwe.com/videos/tom-philli...-31-2-26179139

This is interesting. Wonder if it feeds into the Punk thing at all.

Loves me some Ziggler. Maybe he's going to be the guy who gets the rub from Punkgate, god knows he needs it.

Promo was Amazeballs.

Reality Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    Punkgate
    No. Just no.

Where the hell has that Dolph Ziggler been on the mic?

poor kayfabe

Dolph needs to be pushed to the moon. The guy makes anyone look good, he has the look, the swagger, the in ring ability of course. He is electric. Push him to the moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cult Icon View Post
    Where the hell has that Dolph Ziggler been on the mic?
    On Z! True Long Island Story. Seriously. Go back and watch the episodes where Ziggler did his segments, he was gold on the mic. Yes they may have been pretaped and maybe reshot, but they were still gold. Ans ZTLIS was what? 2-3 years ago? So Ziggler is right. He is one of many who is being held back.

DanielBryanYES
    Dolph Ziggler getting pushed isn't good for business. *sarcasm*
    I think he deserves a run at the US Title since Dean Ambrose isn't doing anything with it.

Goldberg Rules!
    That's not Dolph Ziggler.

shoot........

The Cool No. 9
    Looks like he's on team Cena for Survivor Series, that means he's going to level up big time. One step closer to the main event.

His matches with Kane the last couple of Smackdown's have really helped his cause as well, hopefully the powers that be realize that Dolph has paid his dues in full because he is certainly worthy of getting a shot to prove his worth at the top level of the WWE.

its very telling that he was the first member on Cena's team. He's looked really strong since and the promo with HHH actually put him over. I don't think it will end up being a main event push but I do think its making the him and the I.C title a bigger deal.

Don't WHAT? Me.
    I still think Ziggles is gonna be in the main event once Lesnar makes his exit....but anyways: Any chance Dolph will get a singles match a WrestleMania?

If Ziggler is still the IC champ at Wrestlemania then I'd say it's about a 90% chance he's got a singles match, especially with the show being 4 hours long.

If he's lost the title by then I'd say it's 50/50 at best, but it will depend on how he lost the title and to who and when and those are all factors that it's still just about impossible to predict. My first thought would be a Ziggler/Rollins match at WM would be a fantastic opener whether it's for the IC title or just the culmination of what becomes a heated feud in the weeks to come after Survivor Series.

Anyone else think they are gonna do Ziggler vs HHH? I guess WM will be a great choice for the match.

I guess it's possible, but I'm not betting on it. Seems too good to be true, or too IWC friendly to be true. I love Ziggler, but I don't see his spot being against HHH with the amount of talent available right now. If that was the long term goal, Ziggler would be giving his promos on live TV, instead of on the WWE app to be shared on forums like this.

Super Moderator
    If Rock is available, I think it's more likely that they go Tripe H vs Rock with Vince in Rock's corner.

If he's not, replace Rock with either Cena or Orton.

What I'm saying is that Ziggler has a better chance of facing me at Mania than Triple H.

(Also, my swipe text recognizes Ziggler as a word)

You probably right but I would really like some fresh match ups and feuds.

Don't WHAT? Me.
    I didn't think about Ziggles V Trips at all....through I bet it would be a great matchup.

I wouldn't mind Ziggles V Barrett in a ladder match for the IC belt tho.

The I.C title match on Smackdown tonight was awesome. A bit too choregraphed for my taste but still great effort. Highly enjoyable from all three men. It really feels like Ziggler is basically the new Bryan without the yes chant.

i love dolph and am a huge mark of his. I know his moveset can be limited and his mic work is pretty average at best but man does he have 'it' in my opinion. The way he has been portrayed this last month in the authority storyline has been awesome and i feel it has elevated the IC belt and him. Here is hoping he is in the plans for WM.

He's kinda taken over the role of Daniel Bryan, I like his promos but the delivery is so "I think about this all day and I'm a fighting but down in the dumps babyface LOVE ME" it gets annoying lol.

just watched smackdown match with dolph, kidd and cesaro. Wow that was amazing. What a match. Top 5 of the year in my opinion.

Where would people guess this renewed push for Ziggler is going? Another false dawn or will he finally crack the glass ceiling?

I think a best case scenario (for Ziggler) is that WWE had something planned for Daniel Bryan going into Wrestlemania and they will substitute Ziggler into the spot (which would put him amongst the favorites to win the Royal Rumble).

Worst case scenario for him is he's been fattened up to put over Cena at TLC in a face v face match and to give Cena something to do while he waits for Brock Lesnar to return.

Super Moderator
    There's a good chance that Daniel Bryan isn't coming back until the summer time or later. The assumption is that he needs surgery. He hasn't gotten in for surgery yet, and you're looking at at least 4-5 months time after that for a typical wrestler who returns early.

I think with Bryan gone, Batista probably not coming back for this year's Mania (though, maybe I'm way off base there), Rock in Hollywood and a god chance that Taker won't wrestle this year they're realizing that they are short on name value at the top. Ryback and Ziggler's push are their hand forced to try and build someone that's over into bigger stars heading into WrestleMania because they're short on talent.

They might just pop Ziggler into what they had in mind for Bryan, they might come up with something completely new.

The real test will be whether their pushes continue when the dust has settled and Bryan is back and Batista's done shooting movies and comes back for another short run.

All his biggest fans have to be rejoicing, with Bryan and Reigns out he's the top face right now.. basically aside from Ambrose

Most people rip Ziggler for his mic skills but he cut a badass promo on Raw. That last line he said about Luke Harper was great.

His promo on smackdown against rollins was awesome. I thought his raw one was average. He is getting better though. I think the key for ziggler is to harness all the pain he has gone through over the years and put it in his promos. You just feel like he cares about the IC title and winning and entertaining us as if his life depends on it and i love it. Ziggler is the man and here is hoping next year is his year.

Ziggler destroy Sheamus on Twitter. Great "reality era" promo.

That no one will really see.. I'm a fan of Dolph but he never does his best promos on tv. what a shame.

Super Moderator
    Really, that was a good "promo"? Jeez, the standards have tumbled.

I didn't think it was that great myself just funny how he'll do something like that, or app promo and really do nothing on the actual show.

Super Moderator
    It's just...it was a bad promo, even for an e-promo.

It looked like it was typed by a child with a learning disability. It made very little sense to read and almost came off like an attempted "worked-shoot" song or one of his old promos with the weird cadence and pacing.

He's talking about kicking Sheamus' ass and winning and all this stuff, but in the same breath uses the fact that he never loses as an insult and shouts at the top of his lungs "this is a work so winner and losers don't mean anything!"

Was a pretty atrocious 'promo', and totally out of character too. It's almost as bad as his Slammy acceptance speech where Ziggler is all like "and there I was at Survivor Series, left alone on my team, with three people left on team authority, and all I could think of was how to entertain the fans.." Completely idiotic break the fourth wall stuff. I really detest it when on screen characters talk about five star matches, entertaining the fans instead of winning and that sort of stuff. Yes, I know it's all fake, but at least maintain character within the domain of the show. Ziggler tends to be one of the people that does this often. Though hard to tell if that's him talking or if it was a scripted promo that Slammy speech.

Isn't he the showoff? That's kind of his gimmick to act that way and talk about putting on a show for the fans.

Also, tune into UFC some time, and you'll notice how often the fighters during interviews talk about how they wanted to entertain the fans, keep the battle exciting on the feet. It's really not uncommon.

Quote Originally Posted by PEN15 View Post
    Also, tune into UFC some time, and you'll notice how often the fighters during interviews talk about how they wanted to entertain the fans, keep the battle exciting on the feet. It's really not uncommon.
    With respect to wrestling at least, I don't want to see that sort of stuff on RAW. If Ziggler is being interviewed on the WWE Network out of character, or on the Jimmy Kimmel Show, or on someone's podcast, that's perfectly fine with me. But if it's on RAW, my personal view is that sort of stuff should be left out, and it should be in character.

I view it as similar to acting, whether that be television or a movie. I don't want to be reminded that it's fake while I'm watching it, and I want them to maintain the logic of the universe during the show. But afterwards, out of character, backstage and production stuff and all that is fine.

I'm willing to admit that I may be alone in this, but it's a pretty big pet peeve for me.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by PEN15 View Post
    Pro wrestling is not UFC. UFC is a shoot and talking about entertaining the fans just highlights that WWE isn't.

It's not a huge thing, but since people go in knowing that it's a work, it's just a little subconscious reminder.

I get that his gimmick is the showoff, so he should want to go out there and put on the best match and entertain the fans and whatnot, but I think he needs to find a better way of articulating it. Maybe talking about how he can do things in the ring that nobody else can do or something.

It's just me, but I firmly believe that if you're not going to draw attention to the work, the focus of the wrestlers should be on winning.