Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic Book tv/movie thread

Comic Book tv/movie thread

I had absolutely no intention on re-starting another thread. Then I found this....

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/...ox-tv-serieste

No God
    404 page not found

Agents of SHIELD was interesting last night. I'll just post a couple notes.

- The explosion at the beginning looked fake as hell

- Sky and Simmons need to have an episode where they go undercover and are lesbians and we get a shower scene

- I was getting seriously pissed off that they were gonna just do a complete cop-out and have Coulson's "death" just be a fake out, until there was the mysterious "he can never know" from the gorgeous Colbie Smulders. I was going to go into a rage if they would've gone the fake death route.

- I liked how they talked about things/events from all the movies

- Clark Gregg continues to shine as Agent Coulson

Quote Originally Posted by No God View Post
    404 page not found
    Long story short, Commissioner Gordon is getting his own show. It's called "Gotham".

I thought Agents of SHIELD was pretty good. Nice intro show, but I think they're might have trouble maintaining it every week. We'll see how it goes, but as long as Colbie Smulders keeps popping up I'm good. I enjoyed it.

Commissioner Gordon getting a series? Not sure how I feel about that. I'm guessing it's going to be on the CW?

Surprisingly it's gonna be on FOX.

The Greatest of All Time LWO4Life's Avatar
    The Gotham show is suppose to be a prequel to the Nolan Batman. It sounds promising, and I'll watch. I missed SHIELD last night, forgot about it and am really regretting it. I'll have to find it online.

I think Coulson is going to end up being a clone or some sort of high tech robot.

Here's a very long interview with Mr. Avengers himself Joss Whedon.

And to go with that, the Comic-Con Avengers: Age of Ultron teaser:

*edit* Weak sauce! They removed the video. Sorry guys.
    Last edited by FoonZeeS; 09-26-2013 at 03:30 PM.

soo much for that long interview good one.......

Kevin
    it was a pretty good video, I caught it quickly....looks like ultron is going to be created the way a lot of people thought....if I watched that trailer right anyways.

DC Comics has announced their third TV series this season (Gotham Central and The Flash being the other ones). Deadline reports NBC has picked up a Warner/DC adaptation of Constantine, based on the cynical British con-man and magician turned supernatural detective John Constantine, not to be confused with the Keanu Reeves portrayed by Keanu Reeves in 2005′s Constantine.

The show will be written and produced by David Goyer (co-writer of Man Of Steel and Nolan’s Batman trilogy) and Daniel Cerone (producer of The Mentalist). As far as we know, the movie version of the character instrumental to Guillermo Del Toro’s Dark Universe is still in development.

Constantine‘s contract stipulates there will be a penalty for NBC if they don’t air the show. John Constantine knows what a shaft those contracts with penalties are.

http://www.uproxx.com/gammasquad/201...#ixzz2g7DwxeHg

This guy is jumping for joy right now. Would have liked FX, AMC or HBO better but I take what ever crumbs I can get.

FX would have been cool. Get Ryan Murphy from American Horror Story involved or something.

According to Nick Fury himself, Elizabeth Olsen will be playing Scarlett Witch in Age of Ultron.

I'm stoked for this. I fell in love with Olsen in Martha Marcy May Marlene and believe she's destined for greatness. Hopefully Ultron with introduce her to the masses and then she can become the star I know she can be.

Newest crazy Batman vs. Superman rumour, Larry David to play Mr. Mxyzptlk

Sounds pretty awesome.

I'm down with that. As long as JB Smoove gets a part too.

Just caught the season premiere of Arrow. Thought it was a nice lead-in to this year. Sounds like he's taking a name other than The Hood and if I'm not mistaken we got a cameo from a very important person in Oliver's comic book history towards the end.

I thought it was a good episode. The show was certainly a surprise last year.

Yeah that's her.

We're supposed to get a few more "heroes" showing up as well.

*edit* Ok, so I've got a theory on Coulson's resurrection in the Marvel Universe. I think SHIELD somehow got Death to bring him back. I hate the idea of him being a life model decoy because that really cheapens a character dieing, though I guess you could say so does having Death bring him back. But if they show they had to do something with major consequence to bring him back it would work. And having Death bring him back would tie-in neatly with Thanos, because if you remember in Avengers he smiled big when his aide mentioned that to go against humans would be to court Death itself.
    Last edited by FoonZeeS; 10-10-2013 at 12:17 PM.

So the rumor is that Paul Rudd and Joseph Gordon-Levitt are the two front runners to play Hank Pym in the upcoming Ant-Man movie.

I'm intrigued by the possibility or Rudd playing the character.

On the other hand, I'm sick of Joseph Gordon-Levitt at the moment.

The Hurra Duff
    If its one or the another, I'd pick Rudd.

If its Rudd I doubt he will be Hank Pym.

Has Rudd displayed any of the arrogance needed to play Pym? Can't think of a single movie where he wasn't just some dude.

Thats why I think he will be Scott Lang. Scott is a burglar who steals the outfit in order to help his sick daughter. Rudd fits his personality a lot more.

Unacceptable! I want a Hank Pym movie. Who gives a fuck about Scott Lang? I know you feel the same way, CoLd.

It's got to be Hank Pym, primarily because of the upcoming Avengers movie with Ultron as the villain. Hank Pym has to create Ultron in order for it to exist.

Unfortunately, Trips, that's incorrect:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=84030

Well that sucks! Dammit!

Ultron will probably be a prototype armor of Tony's and he gets super drunk and somehow splits Jarvis' "conscience" into the suit and becomes self-aware.

Yeah that makes sense if you saw the NYCC teaser trailer. They'll have to deal with what it's made of somewhere, because Tony's armor right now gets the crap beaten out of it, and Ultron is pretty damn indestructible.

So in Marvel movie revisionist history, Tony Stark creates Ultron.....that just sounds wrong.

I was thinking it was going to be a SHIELD experiment gone awry.

I'm pretty sure they said it was gonna be Tony who creates Ultron. That's why I'm thinking like a suit that can think on it's own but somehow the programming gets fractured and becomes Ultron.

Rashida Jones is rumored to be up for the role of Janet Van Dyne, AKA The Wasp.

I actually like that choice. A lot. I love her. Her being up for the role probably points towards Rudd being Ant Man and maybe even being Hank. Lets wait and see. Only other person I thought would work as Janet is...

Morena Baccarin. She is the spitting image of Jane IMO.

After looking on IMDB, I found that Rashida Jones is not who I thought Rashida Jones is. I do think Morena Baccarin would be perfect.

I've only been exposed to Hank Pym through the animated Avengers movies. Is that how the comics depict him, with the arrogance of Tony Stark with a bit of a chip on his shoulder? If so, then I'd love to know what role(s) by Rudd inspired the producers to give him the role.

He is also crazy, a poon hound [everyone in Marvel is tho] and has a history of Domestic Violence. So...There are many ways he can be portrayed depending on his current mental state.

Didn't know he was that hardcore.

Yeah, he is. Possibly the most well-rounded Marvel character that there is, which is why I've been so adamant that he should get his own movie.

Monica would be such a better Wasp than Rashida. Rashida is really hit and miss for me. She does have experience with Rudd so there is that to take in.

I would love to see Hank lay out Janet is a fit of jealousy of Stark.

Reality Champ
    A couple things:

For people watching Agents of SHIELD, what are we assuming for how Coulson is alive right now? Dr. Strange? Scarlet Witch? Vision?

Also, Michael B Jordan was cast as Johnny Storm for the new Fantastic Four, which is sending super-fanboys and/or racists into a hissy-fit. Personally....I think he's better than that role, so I'm a bit disappointed by it.