Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic Book tv/movie thread

^ I agree with this.

Aaron Taylor-Johnson has been cast as Quicksilver in Avengers 2

Reality Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by KiLL CoLD View Post
    Only if they focus on the old X-men for a short period of time at the beginning and end of the flick.
    I don't think that's how it'll be though. I think the new X-men had a terminal flaw, in that it was too good. Fassbender and Lawrence are probably too big to do X-Men now. So they're probably going to segue back to the old cast with this movie.

Either of them dont need to be in EVERY X-men movie so it can be done with limiting them.

Not like Magneto and Mystique are their only adversaries.

I'm waiting for a Mr. Sinister flick.

Reality Champ
    It can be done, but can you do it without them from now on? Sure you could recast them, but then do you risk losing part of what made First Class so good?

Either of them dont need to be in EVERY X-men movie so it can be done with limiting them.

Not like Magneto and Mystique are their only adversaries.

I'm waiting for a Mr. Sinister flick.
    They need to do an Apocalypse movie, also.

Any word of Cy in X-Men?
    I think it's awesome that the word lisp has an "s" in it.

No Cyclops. He has been of filming other movies so unless he made a last minute a change it never happened. He could be recast or he might just stay dead for all we know. I would love to see some movies made with the current "Mutant Messiah" version of Cyclops down the road so I'm hoping they fix whoevers mistake it was to kill him in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAman View Post
    It can be done, but can you do it without them from now on? Sure you could recast them, but then do you risk losing part of what made First Class so good?
    I never said recast them. For one we don't know what their contracts look like. They both could be signed to 20 movie deals for all we know. They pushed back filming on one of the Hunger Game movies because Jennifer Lawrence had to film her parts for X-men. For all we know both of them might really like being in these films as well.

After this film is Magneto really needed? Not at all. You could continue making movies with just mention of him. By the time this movie ends there is probably enough for one more movie really involving Magneto. After that they are pushing it.

Jennifer Lawrence could be done as Mystique after this as well because her part can be played by anyone. Literally. It would be nice to see her stay but she isnt needed for the X-Men movies to continue.

Apocalypse might be too much and after they use Thanos will probably never used for a movie. Also depends with how you go about doing it. Maybe they can use him for the X-Factor flicks. Especially if they get them to be Rated R [which they wont]
    Last edited by KiLL CoLD; 11-01-2013 at 12:53 AM.

Reality Champ
    We actually do know their contracts. Fassbender is out after this movie (and I believe actually requested to be moved to another FOX movie, but was talked into doing another) and Lawrence has one more on her deal, and again, has asked to do another FOX movie.

I think Apocalypse is somewhat likely. There are a few hints in the trailer that they may be using his temple.

Sucks about Cyclops. I never got the feeling that we got to see him cut loose. With so many iconic comic book characters being brought to life in such grand fashion, it's a real shame if we don't get visual justice done for one of the most popular X-Men ever.

Reading the argument for new X villains got me thinking: with so many X-Men movies in the books, has Fox painted themselves into a corner by not establishing a wider universe from the comics? I mean, we'll never have to worry about the Avengers running out of guys to fight.
    Last edited by Smart_Mark; 11-01-2013 at 01:29 AM.

Then there ya have it. They are out or will resign. No big deal. Magneto could be used again but its not that serious. Fox has the rights to all the mutants. Why not use them?

Blink looked like she was in the trailer and is an AOA character so it could happen. Bishop is there also so ya never know. I just think like DarkSeid he is too similar to Thanos for the casual fan.

I completely agree about Magneto. I like the character, but he doesn't need to be in every X-Men movie. Same about Mystique. She can be played by anyone because of her powers, anyway. The first three movies, while not perfect, obviously, with the way the third one went, formed a nice arc for his character in "present day." We don't really need to see him again. Cyclops being brought back--with a different actor--would be nice. I'm sure they'll reboot the series at some point, anyway, like they always do with superhero movies.

It was a travesty of what they did for the third movie. After the second, I had high hopes. I thing First Class gets undue criticism as I quite enjoyed it more than the first three.

Cyclops? Not needed in these movies. If they need him, a blind monkey with throat cancer could play the role better than that last guy... or it was the writing, either way, I want someone else. Someone that actually, you know, has testicles.

I agree. The best thing that actor ever did was give his dad a robot that can break into houses.

Dude who plays Cyclops is a damn good actor. Watch Sex Drive. Not his fault he had one line in the first and additional line added with each movie. If they use him again and that continues it really wont matter who plays Scott.

^Agreed. Singer basically had no faith in the actor and barely gave him any lines. It detracted a little from the movie because the leader of the X-Men was a mute who just gave mean stares at Wolverine.

Singer did the same thing on a larger scale with Brandon Routh as Superman. Supes barely talked in that movie (I am not saying Routh is a good actor though).

Do we know if DoFP will directly follow Last Stand as far as character deaths and such? I know his consciousness lived on at the end, but Xavier, for all intents and purposes, was/is dead right?

Reality Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by Smart_Mark View Post
    Do we know if DoFP will directly follow Last Stand as far as character deaths and such? I know his consciousness lived on at the end, but Xavier, for all intents and purposes, was/is dead right?
    Clearly the body he inhabited was his comatose twin brother, so they'll look exactly the same! Oh, and his twin brother was also bound to a wheelchair.

Or, since there's time-travel involved, anything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAman View Post
    Or, since there's time-travel involved, anything is possible.
    Have you seen those tight-ass costumes they're wearing in the trailer. Maybe most things are possible, but not ANYTHING. Splits, for example.

Loki argues with kids. See it here!

http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/11/04/th...rk-world-kids/

Marvel just announced a deal with Netflix for several live action series and miniseries featuring Daredevil, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones and the Defenders starting in 2015.
    Last edited by TripleR; 11-07-2013 at 12:08 PM.

That is one of the most awesome things I've ever heard.

Cool news. I hope they are a lot better than Agents of SHIELD.

Quote Originally Posted by XanMan View Post
    That is one of the most awesome things I've ever heard.
    This. It's so awesome I'm almost afraid I'm being fucked with.

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
    Cool news. I hope they are a lot better than Agents of SHIELD.
    It takes time for Joss and Co. to shake the network babysitters.

I love Daredevil and Heroes for Hire.

The Hurra Duff
    Anyone seen the new Thor movie yet? I'm going tonight.

I really enjoyed the new Thor thought it was better than the first but thats me.

The Hurra Duff
    I liked it. It wasn't great but it was good.

The villain was sorta weak I thought.

On a scale of 1-10, I'd give it a 7.75.

The X-Men bits from the Pete Holmes show are the fucking best. So on point.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hurra Duff View Post
    I liked it. It wasn't great but it was good.

The villain was sorta weak I thought.

On a scale of 1-10, I'd give it a 7.75.
    Agreed, the villain was weak, but this movie kind of felt like a set up for Avengers 2, and Thor 3. While it was much better and bigger than Thor, it still felt like it lacked something.

However the cameo was extremely well done.

The X-Men bits from the Pete Holmes show are the fucking best. So on point.
    That show has been really weird. I like Pete Holmes but the show as a whole is just weird.

With that said both his X-Men shit and Batman bits are hysterically funny.

The Hurra Duff
    Quote Originally Posted by dpowder View Post
    Best part of the movie I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hurra Duff View Post
    Best part of the movie I thought.
    Agreed....

Quote Originally Posted by dpowder View Post
    Agreed, the villain was weak, but this movie kind of felt like a set up for Avengers 2, and Thor 3. While it was much better and bigger than Thor, it still felt like it lacked something.

I liked this movie because it had more Asguard in it. I think they rushed the Loki turn and it feels like the sped it up. I liked Idris Elba/Heimdall better in this movie. This movie needed more Volstagg (The guy from the fantastic movie Kill the Irishman) Fandral and Hogan the Grim. It was a crime that Tyr (Who plays the Blackfish in GoT) wasnt in more of the movie. Lady Sif was perfect. Frigga broke my heart and the way Odin/Hopkins reacted was amazing. Great superhero movie.

I Love Loki
    I love Loki, Prince of Asgard
    I love Loki, Son of Frigga
    I loved Loki of jotunheim
    I love Loki God of Mischief

Tom Hiddleston killed it.

I want a Loki solo movie ... Hell honestly i wish they had kept Journey into Mystery a solo Loki book.

The bad guys were passable. I mean Thor has a notoriously shallow talent pool when it comes to really good villains. I think Thor has a lot of potential and i would have rather'd the enchantress and the Executioner (and i hope they are in Thor 3) but the Dark Elves are fun I guess. They seemed kind of like the stereotype.

These movies are great because it mixes the sword and sorcery stuff with superhero movies. I think Thor was a better big gun than Superman and they did a better job making him strong.

The Hurra Duff
    ^^^
    A lot of people want a Loki solo movie. Me included.

Reports out that AMC has ordered a Preacher pilot.

Preacher never gets out of development. The Church would pitch a bitch fest.

Is that why HBO passed on Preacher? I thought it was because a new president came in that wasn't interested.

Anyway, I loved Thor: The Dark World.

So Oliver Queen is finally getting a mask on "Arrow". About damn time.

Dont forget tonight is the Agents of Shield episode that crosses over with Thor 2 spoilers beware