Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: General Movie Discussion

General Movie Discussion

Seeing this picture fires me up. I know they're old but Dumb and Dumber is my favorite comedy of all time and one of my favorite movies of all time. I can't wait for the new one. Jim Carrey's got the chip and everything.

They look really old and creepy in the pictures they released. With that said, I can't wait.

Though it's kinda depressing me that Hollywood is so lost for ideas that they've resorted to making sequels to movies 9+ years old. Anchorman, ID4, Dumb & Dumber.

The Hurra Duff
    Maybe they will post a teaser for Dumb and Dumber To in front of Anchorman 2. That'd be cool.

There's a pic of the grown up Billy from 4C online.

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
    Jim Carrey's got the chip and everything.
    Jim Carrey has the chip becasue his front tooth is chipped. He normally wears a cap for daily life, but when they were making Dumb and Dumber he asked/told the producers that he was going to take off the cap becasue he thought it would work better for the role. It did.

I know. Just excited he was in character.

New Desolation of Smaug trailer to be released tomorrow!

The Hurra Duff
    ^^^
    Need to watch An Unexpected Journey again so I can be ready for part 2.

Or don't. And just forget Journey never happened.

Watched World War Z the other day and really enjoyed it. Its not World War Z and would have greatly benefited from not using the name. Less fan anger and all. Could have saved them money from paying for the rights as well.

Had some dope ass Zombie stuff.

The Hurra Duff
    Desolation Of Smaug looks amazing.

Also, it was announced today they are moving ahead with another Chronicles of Narnia movie, The Silver Chair.

Odd, since The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe is the only one of those movies that's any good.

I was working at a theatre when Wardrobe came out and there was a lady that came to the first showing everyday for the entire time it was playing. I eventually just started letting her in for free.

Hot Tub Time Machine 2 out March 2014!

The Hurra Duff
    ^^^
    The first one was okay.

Why the hell can't we get a Zombieland 2 or Old School 2 but we can get 3 Hangovers, 2 HTTM's etc.?

Also, the latest Star Wars Episode 7 casting rumor is Daniel Day Lewis wants a role.

I was saying Boo-Urns. lunchbox1981's Avatar
    Ted 2 officially has a release date of June 26, 2015.

Just like I do with his TV shows I didn’t find the first movie to be nearly as funny as a lot of people did. It made a whole lot of money in the theatres though and was a huge success. So you had to know a sequel was coming.

The Hurra Duff
    ^^^
    It had its funny moments but I wouldn't call it a classic by any means. Plus where will they go with it.

Daniel Day Lewis should be given a key to Hollywood. If he wants a part, he gets it no questions asked. Jedi master? No problem. Gang leader? Sure. Micheal Jordan? It's yours, Danny.

As far as comedy sequels we actually wanted, which one is everyone looking forward to most: Dumb and Dumber or Anchorman? There's something about Anchorman that makes me feel like I know it's gonna be great. I'm just afraid D&D are gonna rehash the same jokes.

Agreed on Daniel Day Lewis. I'd watch him play a Janitor.

Dumb and Dumb seems pointless to me. Who really wants to see two 50 something year olds making fart jokes?

Anchorman is High class comedy on the other hand.

GloryholeThemePark
    Saw Riddick the other day. Decent Movie although the ending could have been much better and not feel as rushed but that's being picky. 3.5 truck stops out of 5.

I was saying Boo-Urns. lunchbox1981's Avatar
    I am looking forward to Anchorman 2 so much more than I am a Dumb and Dumber sequel. 20 years is a long time between movies. Plus the original Anchorman movie was perhaps the funniest movie of the 2000’s and I know that another one will be outstanding.

Don't get me wrong. I'm looking forward to D&D if for no other reason than I really want it to be great. On the other hand, I'm looking forward to AM because I feel like there's nothing to worry about.

THE MONKEY
    Went and saw Gravity, really good film. Easily the best use of 3D I've ever seen and overall the film looks amazing from start to finish. It'll be a travesty if it doesn't at least win some awards for cinematography, some really awesome shots in the movie.

gypsumstack
    I just saw the tv trailer for the new Carrie movie, and I already hate it. The blood that gets poored on Carrie in the original is replaced by some kind of black liquid. Fuck that.

Wevv mang
    Saw Gravity. great visuals. Plot, well, it was a solid story that tended to hit you over the head with the drama and suspense stick a few times too many, but overall, a really good flick.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsumstack View Post
    I just saw the tv trailer for the new Carrie movie, and I already hate it. The blood that gets poored on Carrie in the original is replaced by some kind of black liquid. Fuck that.
    I'm actually looking forward to it. The original is basically a one-scene movie. With it's reputation and with pretty much everybody knowing what's gonna happen at the end, I think it could make great use of increasing tension throughout the movie. Kinda like a two hour version of the Red Wedding.

rahman82
    I rented Iron Man 3, decent movie not epic like some have called it, I think it did well at the box office more because of the Avengers rub. It was similar to me in certain ways to the Dark Knight rises in that the majority of that movie was Bruce Wayne and IM3 was mostly about Tony Stark. The Mandarin issue im split on, on one hand in the books he's Starks main adversary and a dangerous foe but in this film he made to be a joke and that irked me but Kingsley's character was well done and i thought his scenes were some of the best parts.

The Hurra Duff
    Saw Gravity yesterday.

To me, it was the sort of movie that's good to see once but you probably wouldn't see it again.

Sandra Bullock's great in it.

watched man of steele last night. Though it was ok....nothing special. there were some really good parts and there were parts that seemed stupid and out of place for a superman flic. i don't really know what to say about it......especially since i grew up with the originals. This movie was so different. ive been reading what people are saying about the movie and over all it seems like its getting trashed. did you folks like it....what did you think??

I enjoyed it very much. Thought it had the best action of the year, even beating out that awesomely awesome climax in IM3.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hurra Duff View Post
    Saw Gravity yesterday.

To me, it was the sort of movie that's good to see once but you probably wouldn't see it again.

Sandra Bullock's great in it.

I agree. Terrific movie, but I think it would lose a lot on dvd and also being seen in standard. Seeing this movie in a theatre in 3D is a fantastic experience.

Wevv mang
    Re-watched the Matrix on a big screen yesterday. Still holds up. Also, it was easier to spot the foreshadowing for the following films.

Picked up Pacific Rim over the weekend. It was a solid film, really surprised it didn't do better. I also realized that it and The Avengers have the exact same ending, just in opposite directions.

Sasha - I just watched Man of Steel the other day and it just didn't do it for me. I didn't care for the changes in the mythology, like there being a yellow sun on Krypton. I enjoyed Michael Shannon, as always. I don't get Amy Addams appeal. Cavil was alrght. Costner was good in his limited screen time. Though I did not like the way he went out. Overall I found the film boring and I was waiting for it to end. DC, in this viewers mind, is in for trouble if they're they betting everything on Snyder.

Saw Pacific Rim last week as well and loved it.

Intrership was only good for the topless bad they went to in the middle of the movie. Sorry Vince and Owen but the Wedding Crashers days are over.

Watched We Are What We Are over the weekend as well and I was pleasantly surprised by this little film. After their mother dies two sisters are forced to take over the duties of their mother in a family tradition that dates back to the colonial times. And no it's not incest.

Watched Man of Steel yesterday for the first time since opening night. Still say it's awesome. As for the controversial ending, if they explore the affect it has on his psyche in future movies, it could be very interesting. Especially in comparison to Batman.
    I think it's awesome that the word lisp has an "s" in it.

The Hurra Duff
    Tim Burton has gotten an offer to direct a sequel to his 1988 comedy Beetlejuice.

Quote Originally Posted by Smart_Mark View Post
    Watched Man of Steel yesterday for the first time since opening night. Still say it's awesome. As for the controversial ending, if they explore the affect it has on his psyche in future movies, it could be very interesting. Especially in comparison to Batman.

Man of Steel was not awesome. Good yes. Too long, and Superman is not gritty. I liked the gritty feel, but Superman is the exact opposite of Batman. he is brightly colored, flashy, nice and friendly. Man of Steel lost that feel of Superman. that is why IMO, the movie "flopped" (box office not withstanding).

I can only hope that Batman vs. Superman will be better. But with Affleck, I am holding my breath. To paraphrase Kevin Smith" he said that since Affleck is life long comic book fan, Affleck could be really good, and pay homage to the role.

I hate the "life long comic book fan" phrase. How many directors/actors/producers have been "life long comic book fans" to only have the movie/whatever turn out shitty?

Yeah, Smith also said something about how it doesn't matter how good Affleck is in the role, he's STILL FRIENDS WITH BATMAN, so as much as I love Smith, take his opinion with a grain of salt.

I saw Prisoners last week, very impressed. Superbly acted, great thriller. Slightly reminded me of Seven

Quote Originally Posted by FoonZeeS View Post
    I hate the "life long comic book fan" phrase. How many directors/actors/producers have been "life long comic book fans" to only have the movie/whatever turn out shitty?
    Good point, but as a true fan of Batman (and Batman and all of his subtitles and characters and major crossover events) are the only titles I read, I am hoping that S v B lives up to both characters.

I loved the Batman trilogy as movies, but they had many, many flaws in comparison to the comics.

Watched Blade Runner last night. I enjoyed the book its based off Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep a bit more then the movie. There was a lot more substance to the book IMO. Roy Batty [Rutger Hauer] was cool to see on screen but the book version of him was better fleshed out.