Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: General Movie Discussion

The Hurra Duff
    Leslie Nielsen just rolled over in his grave.

Hate the idea of a NG remake.

Tushy
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox1981 View Post
    Ed Helms started out on The Daily Show, but is probably most famous for his role on US version of The Office and playing Dr. Stu Price in The Hangover movies.
    Cheers fella legit had no idea who he was! Naked Gun remake should be nixed what a terrible ides what's next a remake of The Great Escape? Wizard Of Oz 2? Here's a novel idea just make new damn movies!

All the reviews say Frozen is right up there with Disney's best ever. #gottaseedat
    I think it's awesome that the word lisp has an "s" in it.

I saw Anchorman 2 today and enjoyed it. Not as good as the first one but still funny. They go all out on the cameos though.
    Last edited by comfortablynumb; 12-19-2013 at 02:02 PM.

Wait. What? How?

It's out. It came out Tuesday night.

No shit. I thought it came out this weekend.

Quite a loaded holiday season. Best time of the year for the art of cinema.

I was saying Boo-Urns. lunchbox1981's Avatar
    Yeah this is usually the second biggest season next to summer for the movie industry. A lot of good movies are out and they just opened up a new theatre here in town last month. So the timing is pretty convenient. I am going to either see Anchorman 2 or the new Hobbit movie this weekend. Haven't quite made up my mind yet.

Best way to describe it is Summer is Michael Bay, and Winter is Martin Scorsese.

I saw the new Hobbit movie and it was good despite having a lot of fan fiction, which doesn't ruin my enjoyment. I went in to this one the same way I went in to the first one - with low expectations - and it pleasantly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Smart_Mark View Post
    Best way to describe it is Summer is Michael Bay, and Winter is Martin Scorsese.
    Only problem is Scorsese was more like Michael Bay this time around. I saw Wolf of Wall Street this past Thursday, and it was shockingly mediocre. Other than Leo and Matthew McConaughey (who is beyond brilliant), the actors are really misused and the film is completely out of control. Certainly not one of the best films Scorsese has done.

Quote Originally Posted by Cult Icon View Post
    Only problem is Scorsese was more like Michael Bay this time around. I saw Wolf of Wall Street this past Thursday, and it was shockingly mediocre. Other than Leo and Matthew McConaughey (who is beyond brilliant), the actors are really misused and the film is completely out of control. Certainly not one of the best films Scorsese has done.
    What's this? You dissing my guys Leo and Martin? Dude, don't make me corner you in the FFA.

Not dissing Leo; he was superb in the film and I frankly believe he's going to win Best Actor this year. There's not a negative thing I'll say about him regarding that film. As a whole though, I thought Scorsese could've done a better job surrounding DiCaprio with a better film. It's not terrible, but it's nowhere near as good as I thought it would be.

Oh, my bad. All I heard was something about Scorsese shitting on a film reel and Leo licking it off. Perhaps I read it wrong.

I think you just described a deleted scene from the movie.

I watched All is Lost with Robert Redford tonight. He's the only person in the movie and there's no dialogue. It's him stranded on his sailboat. I enjoyed it for what it was and Redford's performance isn't how I imagined it to be before I saw the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
    I saw the new Hobbit movie and it was good despite having a lot of fan fiction, which doesn't ruin my enjoyment. I went in to this one the same way I went in to the first one - with low expectations - and it pleasantly surprised.
    I almost went to see this Saturday night, but decided to wait for dvd because it's no longer playing in 3D around here and when I saw the trailer before Gravity, I thought it looked amazing in 3D. I'd rather pay a buck to rent it from Redbox than drive 25 miles each way and pay $20 or so to see it in standard on the big screen.

I enjoyed Smaug much more than Journey. The river escape scene was sick as fuck. Evangeline Lily is smoking hot. Smaug and Cumberbatch were awesome as fuck. The fan fiction used to pad the story was pretty worthless.

I also watched Ninja: Shadow a Tear over the weekend, I enjoyed it. It's a revenge flick staring a white ninja dude. There were some sick fight scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by FoonZeeS View Post
    Evangeline Lily is smoking hot.
    Well, yeah.

Wevv mang
    Saw Smaug. Just one minor complaint though. When did Elves become such badasses? Shouldn't they be running Middle Earth is a group of 5 elves can take on, what? 50 Orcs and not even get scratched?

That's really my only complaint.

Paul Blart: Mall Cop is finally getting it's long awaited, necessary sequel!

Super Moderator
    So, how 'bout that Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit?

The commercials (combined with the name) literally could not make this movie look any worse, lame or less interesting.

So, I'm sitting in the theatre on Saturday night and this preview comes on. It's all espionage, and subterfuge, and guns and explosions and general badassery. Turns out that the movie that I was sold on was one Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit.

Whomever edited those TV spots should be fired. How can you take a movie whose preview looks that good and churn out a commercial that makes it look that weak?

I thought the previews in the theater for Jack Ryan sucked too because it gives away the whole film.

Reality Champ
    It's a January movie right? If the movie comes out in January, don't bother seeing it.

THE MONKEY
    Point Break remake with Gerard Butler in the Patrick Swayze role.....yeah I'm gonna have to make a trip to Hollywood.

Lemme know when you're going. I'll come with ya.

Watched Bad Grandpa the other night and there were some seriously funny bits in the movie.

I don’t really like the Jackass crew or their movies but I agree with you about Bad Grandpa. The movie actually had much more of a plot than I expected it would and I was surprised how much I ended up liking it.

Quote Originally Posted by KiLL CoLD View Post
    Watched Bad Grandpa the other night and there were some seriously funny bits in the movie.
    The black strip club scenes were so hilarious.

Wolf of Wall Street- Favorite director + favorite actor means I was always gonna be jaded towards this movie. Incredibly fun. That's who I wanna be if I ever grow up.

Her- Watching this movie alone, in bed, at night, with it raining outside was a bad idea. Fucking great movie, but now I wanna go kill myself.

Lone Survivor, Frozen, Gravity, and American Hustle are all in my cache.

The Hurra Duff
    Got Pacific Rim out of Redbox last night. It reminded me of a super long episode of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers but with a 250 million dollar budget.

It was decent. I kinda expected a little more out of it than what I got.

I watched Seven Psychopaths last night. It was a strange movie (that’s not always bad) and in this case it wasn’t. I liked the cast and overall tone of the movie. So if you haven’t seen it I’d recommend it.

Blade23
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hurra Duff View Post
    Got Pacific Rim out of Redbox last night. It reminded me of a super long episode of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers but with a 250 million dollar budget.
    I was thinking more along the lines of Voltron....but all in all, the same concept.

We took our daughter to see Frozen and it was a very good movie. I had seen Disney movies since I was a kid and my daughter is at the age where she's starting to get into them. I have to say that I've been pleasantly surprised by how entertaining the movies are and how they can even appeal to adults.

Saw Elysium the other night. Not too bad, but not too great either. I have interest in seeing Wolf of Wallstreet and Lone Survivor, but don't know that I'll find the time to see them in the theaters.

My daughter and I just got through watching Frozen as well, Blade. Thing is, I've never grown out of them. Good stuff. Sven the reindeer is a pimp.

You already have my thoughts on Wolf. Lone Survivor isn't the next Saving Private Ryan like the promos want you to believe, but it's a damn fine action flick. Tense as all hell.

Blade23
    I'll probably wait until they are out of the theaters to see them, but I would like to see both movies.

There was a gap that I went through where I hadn't really seen any Disney movies. The last one I remember watching to memory was Lion King because my younger brother played the shit out of it. When my daughter was two, we let her watch Toy Story and that was the first Disney movie I've seen since that point. It was great and of course, she's hooked on Disney movies now. To this point, we've taken her to the theater to see Monsters University and Frozen. She is outstanding in the theater, which is great because my wife and I love going to the movies.

I'd let her catch the tv version of Wolf of Wall Street.

Not even sure how they're gonna pull that one off.

The Hurra Duff
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade23 View Post
    I was thinking more along the lines of Voltron....but all in all, the same concept.
    Speaking of Voltron, I want a Voltron movie damn it!!!!!

Blade23
    ^As do I (my favorite cartoon aside from maybe GI Joe growing up as a kid)....however, much like they did with most of my childhood memories (GI Joe, Transformers, etc.), I feel that they would royally fuck it up.

Wouldn't mind seeing a Silverhawks movie either.

Banned
    Recently saw Simon Pegg's "Fantastic Fear of Everything." Not sure when it opens in the states, but it was okay. It starts really slow, but about midway through the film there is a big shift and it gets awesome. But I must warn you, first 40 minutes, is difficult. Not boring, per say, but it drags. I think they could have easily cut 10 minutes or 15 minutes from the beginning and the film would have been better.

Finally got to see "Goon." I know it was out in like 2011, but I live in China, so seeing some flicks is difficult. I loved this movie. I don't follow hockey, so don't know if that aspect of the movie is right, but everything else in it was amazing. Great flick.

Saw Journey to the West: Demon Hunters--this is a Chinese film getting ready to launch in America. DO NOT SEE THIS MOVIE. It fucking sucks big monkey nuts. First 20 minutes are great and fun, but after that, the movie falls flat big time. It's boring, ton of plot holes, and the tone is off big time. If your a fan of Stephen Chow, this is his flick--he co-directed, produced it--but it dones't feel like his film. It's horrible.