Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: General Movie Discussion

The Hurra Duff
    Watched World War Z last night. Wasn't good. Wasn't terrible.

One of those movies you watch and then forget about it ten minutes after its over.

The Hurra Duff
    Star Wars Episode VII release date is officially Dec. 18, 2015.

Good. Was gonna buy my daughter Christmas presents but now I'll just go see Star Wars in 3D 28 times.
    I think it's awesome that the word lisp has an "s" in it.

The Hurra Duff
    Now let the casting start so we can spend 2 years bitching about it.

I was saying Boo-Urns. lunchbox1981's Avatar
    Note to self don't party too much on your 34th birthday. I've got to see Episode VII the next day.

Pretty obvious to me which day is the real party day. You can get hammered, dress up as Yoda, and no one will look at you funny.

I'm surprised to see so much excitement given how shitty the previous trilogy was (the third one was OK).

Star Wars movies are like Krystal burgers: Everyone spends money on them, but no one is quite sure why.

GloryholeThemePark
    I've never seen any of the Star Wars films. I don't really care for them although that's pretty much sacrilege. I just watched all the Lord of the Rings movies (extended versions) back to back for the first time a couple of months ago and now am waiting for the Hobbit 2 to come out so I can watch the first instalment just before I go to the movies and watch it. I never got why everyone raved about Lord of the Rings when I was younger cause the final movie came out when I was 13 and I didn't really appreciate it/thought it was boring. Now I've done a complete 180, but Star Wars doesn't have the same appeal to me.

Henchman 21
    Next weekend the Oldboy remake comes out. One I do not know why they are releasing it during Thanksgiving weekend. Two seeing as I have seen ZERO ads for it I am thinking it might flop. Then again maybe it has underground buzz and word of mouth going for it. I plan on giving it a chance and seeing it once I move if it is still out.

THE MONKEY
    They really screwed the pooch on that film, plus it's already being reported (by James Brolin) that the original cut was a lot better than the final print. Apparently quite a bit was cut. Definitely not gonna do much as the box office, as you said, there has been zero promotion.

Soooo.....apparently this Hunger Games series is now the hottest thing going. I don't care about how "faithful" it is to the source material. Just wanna know if it's something the average pro wrestling demographic can get into. Both the books and the movies, I mean.

Never read any of the books but the first movie was pretty bland.

I really enjoyed the books, but the third book declined in quality. The second film (Catching Fire) was excellent, I'd say better than the first film.

I personally thought the first film was pretty good; it's one of those films that gets better every time you watch it I think. I enjoy more now than I did when I first saw it.

Not shocked if it's true Oldboy received massive studio interference. That film was ripe for that to happen.

See i have seen Battle Royale several times all ready. So watching Hunger Games was like watching a watered down version of what I all ready have seen. MY favorite part of the first movie was how over the top the rich people were. The guy with the sideburns had me loling all the time. Wasn't a bad movie or anything just was a little flavorless for the most part IMO.

I'm gonna get to the books eventually.

I'd definitely agree with that. The lack of real violence in the film really made it underwhelming. You expect what you see in the book, and then because they want to make as much money as they can, they take out one of the things that made the books what they are. The acting in the second film made up for that though (and there's actually blood).

The Hurra Duff
    RIP Paul Walker. Died in a car crash this afternoon outside LA.

Sad story. Apparently he was on his way to a charitable event too. He and the driver both died.

I always thought Running Scared was his best movie.

I never cared much for The Fast & the Furious movies and I really can’t recall much of his work beyond that and Varsity Blue. Still this is a very sad story. At only 40 years he had a lot of life left to live.

RIP.

The Hurra Duff
    I enjoy the Fast and Furious movies. They were pure popcorn movies and a nice way to waste a couple hrs.

Holy shit. Haven't been online or anything today. Wow....

The Hurra Duff
    Guess the studio is trying to figure out how to proceed with the rest of F&F 7.

The main cast (including Walker) was due to film more scenes in Abu Dhabi in early January.

Paul Walker died how he lived, fast and furious.

I guess his latest movie that he did where he plays a father trying to find a way to save his daughter during/after Hurricane Katrina is supposed to be pretty good.

He had a part in an anthology movie called Pawn Shop Chronicles that I thought he was really good in.

I thought he was good in Running Scared and The Death and Life of Bobby Z as well.

Vin Diesel was probably sucking down appletinis and crying in a gay bar all weekend.

For F&F7, all they need to do is film another car chase and have Walker's character die. The movie and franchise can move forward, but they do need to take a hiatus right now out of respect. But change the script. Statham ended up killing Han so why can't he also be responsible for killing Brian?

Very bummed about Walker. I honestly thought most of his films were quite bad, but he struck me as a guy who could've given a good performance down the road with the right project. Sad that he'll never get to do that now.

FYI, the filming for Fast 7 is delayed, not scrapped.

The Hurra Duff
    Reports are he and his friend were possibly in a drag race with another vehicle when the crash happened.

Did this thread die along with Walker?

Can't fucking wait for Anchorman 2. One thing I've never been able to do, no matter how funny a movie was, is LOL the second time I watch it. Just watched the first one yesterday for the first time in a few years, and I almost cried. I think it might even be my favorite comedy ever.

Here's the new Godzilla trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjKO10hKtYw#t=128

Quote Originally Posted by Smart_Mark View Post
    Did this thread die along with Walker?

Can't fucking wait for Anchorman 2. One thing I've never been able to do, no matter how funny a movie was, is LOL the second time I watch it. Just watched the first one yesterday for the first time in a few years, and I almost cried. I think it might even be my favorite comedy ever.
    The best Will Ferrell comedy is Elf; there's no contest. It's so fucking stupid that he turned down $29 million to do the sequel.

The Hurra Duff
    New Godzilla movie looks bad ass. Already better than that crap Roland Emmerich 1998 film.

Quote Originally Posted by XanMan View Post
    The best Will Ferrell comedy is Elf; there's no contest. It's so fucking stupid that he turned down $29 million to do the sequel.
    Sometimes you make posts that I just can't wrap my head around.

Elf was a horrible movie. I know. I know. I'm probably the only who would ever say it out loud, but it's true. Maybe horrible is a little harsh. But there is no way in hell that it's Ferrell's best comedy movie. That's just retarded.

The only other Ferrell comedies that I've liked have been Stepbrothers and the first half of Talladega Nights.

The Hurra Duff
    ^^^
    Didn't like Old School?

From the files of why can’t they just leave a good thing alone it now appears that they are going to try and reboot the Naked Gun franchise. Ed Helms will step into the role of Lt. Frank Drebin that the late great Leslie Nielsen made famous. The only other detail known about the new film at this time is that the script will be written by Thomas Lennon and Robert Ben Garant of Reno 911 fame. No director has been chose or supporting cast announced yet.

So again, Hollywood has run out of ideas, so let's just making remakes....

I have to agree with Xan. Will Ferrell movies are terrible in general. Elf stands out because it's not a standard Will Ferrell movie, but a good movie that Will Ferrell fits himself into. It's much like Adam Sandler and the Wedding Singer. These Saturday Night Live actors find a niche, beat it into the ground while making morons laugh, but I scratch my head wondering if my mother drank and smoked too much during pregnancy, or not enough. I just don't get the attraction.

I'm not saying I never laughed at anything else Will Ferrell has done, but they aren't any different. It's always the same act. I will watch Anchorman, and I will laugh less than most people, and then I'll forget which parts I laughed at were in Old School, Anchroman 2, or Night at the Roxbury. There's never a storyline to follow, just a random series of stupid scenarios for Will to be a goof. Elf was instead a real movie, with a real storyline, with real actors, and a real production. It is head and shoulders above anything else he's done.

Tushy
    Personally my favourite Will Ferrell movie is Jay and Silent Bob strike back but that's probably because im a fan of Jersey Chronicles series and I'm probably going to get roasted for it but I have to ask who is Ed Helms?

Ed Helms started out on The Daily Show, but is probably most famous for his role on US version of The Office and playing Dr. Stu Price in The Hangover movies.