Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Monday Night RAW: January 20th, 2014

StormDragonZ

Monday Night RAW: January 20th, 2014

The Monday Night RAW Episode for the 20th of January, 2014: Continental Uprising

Yes, Santino on a WWE promotional poster. You forgot two years ago, didn't you?

- Happy Belated Birthday to David Bautista, better known as Batista, who turned 45 on Saturday.
    - Happy Belated Birthday to Ronnie Killings, better known as R-Truth, who turned 42 yesterday.
    - Happy Belated Birthday to Pat Patterson, who turned 73 yesterday as well.
    - Happy Early Birthday to former WWE Diva Maryse Ouellet, who turns 31 tomorrow.

- Today In Wrestling History: 2002: It was the Royal Rumble PPV with such memorable matches as Ric Flair vs. Vince McMahon in a Street Fight, Edge vs. William Regal for the Intercontinental Championship, Chris Jericho vs. The Rock for the Undisputed Championship... and of course, the Rumble Match itself. Now what stands out about '02's Rumble is one very interesting elimination between The Undertaker and some "Tough Enough" newcomer...

... and the eventual winner later on...

Without further ado, here's 2002's Royal Rumble Match.

Batista returns tonight in case you forgot. You're welcome.

--- Questions To Ponder ---

- Is there anyone that you believe will NOT be in the Royal Rumble match that isn't already on the card itself so far that has appeared on a WWE show within the last month or so?
    - Will a match for the Divas Championship be announced tonight for the PPV, and if so, AJ Lee against who?
    - How confident are you in thinking Alberto Del Rio will interrupt Batista tonight?
    - Will Daniel Bryan appear on tonight's RAW despite reports of him suffering a concussion?
    - Who do you think will win the Royal Rumble, and what entrance number will he draw?

--- Enjoy the show, everyone. I'm the illest fool, cooler than the water in a swimmin' pool... ---

Quote Originally Posted by TheAman View Post
    Why does Lesnar need a nap before conquering?
    Quote Originally Posted by Smart_Mark View Post
    Another Brock t-shirt, another wasted opportunity to market "Paul, say something stupid".
    Quote Originally Posted by PEN15 View Post
    Again, nothing of this angle looks like it was meant to last longer than a couple of weeks. Just like CM Punk joining the New Breed, or Cena joining the Nexus, or HBK joining JBL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    You just saw the ending to Wrestlemania! But now imagine it with 80,000 people screaming YES, YES, YES!
    Quote Originally Posted by StormDragonZ View Post
    So wait, does this make the last two weeks of RAW completely pointless?

Two Four One Special!

R.I.P. Mae

Daniel Bryan is backstage at Raw.

Blunt Force Balls
    - Is there anyone that you believe will NOT be in the Royal Rumble match that isn't already on the card itself so far that has appeared on a WWE show within the last month or so?

Obviously there will be quite a few, but I'm gonna say of heavily featured guys Eric Rowan and Luke Harper will not be officially in the Rumble but will do the fighting for Bray when he enters.

- Will a match for the Divas Championship be announced tonight for the PPV, and if so, AJ Lee against who?

Yes. Against Brodus Clay's dancer with the nice backside.

- How confident are you in thinking Alberto Del Rio will interrupt Batista tonight?

Extremely
    - Will Daniel Bryan appear on tonight's RAW despite reports of him suffering a concussion?

Yes. Won't be in a match though.

- Who do you think will win the Royal Rumble, and what entrance number will he draw?

I think, if he is able to compete Daniel Bryan. He will probably enter late if he has had a concussion. Maybe 28. If he's not able to compete then CM Punk and he will enter number 13.

Yes, Santino on a WWE promotional poster. You forgot two years ago, didn't you? ummm you DO know who I am... correct?

Some speculation on twitter that Bryan has been cleared.

The Hurra Duff
    Bryan won't wrestle but will appear tonight but will wrestle in and win the Rumble Sunday.

Blunt Force Balls
    Quote Originally Posted by Cult Icon View Post
    Some speculation on twitter that Bryan has been cleared.
    If true.....

It's true. Or at least every indication is that it's true. Hurra Duff is right though; no way Bryan wrestles tonight regardless.

#BoycottRAW
    I'd like to see Lex Luger wrestle tonight.

The Hurra Duff
    I'm gonna try and watch all three hours of Raw tonight. Nothing else on.

Blunt Force Balls
    It's true. Or at least every indication is that it's true. Hurra Duff is right though; no way Bryan wrestles tonight regardless.
    Yep. Highly unlikely he wrestles tonight. Unless they want to give him a lighter schedule at the Rumble and they have something like a beat the clock to be number 30 challenge and Bryan wins his match in about 10 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by T.O. View Post
    Who wouldn't?

#BoycottRAW
    If WWE knew what was good for them, they wouldn't have let word leak that Bryan is cleared. Act as if he's not ready on Sunday. He then wins the Rumble at #30 or so.

If WWE knew what was good for them, they wouldn't have let word leak that Bryan is cleared. Act as if he's not ready on Sunday. He then wins the Rumble at #30 or so.
    No Daniel Bryan is a draw and they should take advantage of that.

If anything they should make it seem he will wrestle (by leaking it) even if he cannot.

I reckon they are still looking to do Punk and Bryan as the first two guys in the Rumble, hence they decided to announce this now. Would've been interesting if they had kept it hush and made it seem like Bryan was legit hurt though; a storyline where Bryan wasn't cleared to compete but entered and won the Rumble anyway, only for Triple H to strip him of his title shot afterwards would've been gold.

SoulPhoenix316
    For the life of me i can't figure out where the Wyatt/Bryan storyline's gonna go now that they panicked and pissed it all away after a couple weeks

#BoycottRAW
    I reckon they are still looking to do Punk and Bryan as the first two guys in the Rumble, hence they decided to announce this now. Would've been interesting if they had kept it hush and made it seem like Bryan was legit hurt though; a storyline where Bryan wasn't cleared to compete but entered and won the Rumble anyway, only for Triple H to strip him of his title shot afterwards would've been gold.
    Bingo. Gold.

Watching Nitro volume 1 right now, I always smirk at Luger's WCW music. So crappy.

Has Luger won the title yet?

Quote Originally Posted by SoulPhoenix316 View Post
    For the life of me i can't figure out where the Wyatt/Bryan storyline's gonna go now that they panicked and pissed it all away after a couple weeks
    They'll either wrap it up this Sunday at the Rumble, or at the Chamber next month as Bryan prepares for the Mania main event. Contrary to the reports, I'm still of the mindset that the WWE never intended for this storyline to go longer than it did, and this was just a way to pass time till Wrestlemania season kicked into gear.

#BoycottRAW
    That's the match on cue right now.

StormDragonZ
    If at any point you don't want to watch tonight's show, here:

Blunt Force Balls

They'll either wrap it up this Sunday at the Rumble, or at the Chamber next month as Bryan prepares for the Mania main event. Contrary to the reports, I'm still of the mindset that the WWE never intended for this storyline to go longer than it did, and this was just a way to pass time till Wrestlemania season kicked into gear.
    Agreed, I think it was always intended to end on last weeks Raw. However I would of liked Bryan in The Wyatt's to have started a little earlier. Like the Raw after TLC.

SoulPhoenix316
    And do you think they're seriously gonna just throw Big Dave into some random program with Del Rio? Not really sure what purpose that'd serve for either one of them, since there's no chance in hell Alberto's winning it

SoulPhoenix316
    Keep the dream alive, a black WWE champion by 2020

Reality Champ
    Where's Naitch? Let's see the full Evolution reunion!

rahman82
    Orton " Yeah fuck that other guy, Im the champ!"

" Fuck the Network!!"

#BoycottRAW
    Yeah, tell 'em, Randy!

ZeroTolerance
    That is asking a bit much, but I think it is safe to say that the magnanimous WWE will put a black wrestler over...in a match tonight!

Reality Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroTolerance View Post
    That is asking a bit much, but I think it is safe to say that the magnanimous WWE will put a black wrestler over...in a match tonight!
    No shot. Kofi gets buried.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroTolerance View Post
    Kofi can't win two weeks in a row.

ZeroTolerance
    So...uh....congrats Titus?

SoulPhoenix316
    Where's Big Zeke when we need him?

Reality Champ
    I guess Big E can still have a dream.

A few months ago, Steph wanted the ruthless Randy Orton.

#BoycottRAW
    Tell 'em Randy!

StormDragonZ
    I look at Big E. Langston as the potential champion... by 2015.

ZeroTolerance
    We now join our regularly scheduled Randy Orton pep talk already in progress.

Remember those Raws where Triple H and Stephanie ran things while guys like Goldust, New Age Outlaws, and Big Show were wrestling on the show?
    I think it's awesome that the word lisp has an "s" in it.

Reality Champ
    Far less of a pop than I expected. Wondered if the crowd mics are weird or something.

#BoycottRAW
    It's the Kanye Batista again, huh?

Funny, WWE never went bankrupt without him.

ZeroTolerance
    Sweet zip-up, bro.