Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Explain your Handle

Explain your Handle

In another thread, where a new poster, posted to introduce him/herself TheAman said:

Quote Originally Posted by TheAman View Post
    Damn straight. Didn't we used to have an "Explain your handle" thread on these boards years ago?
    So I took the idea and ran with it.

My handle came from me being an idiot. This was the first forum I ever joined years ago and I didn't really look through the forums to see that I could have/should have come up with something better. I went with a variant nickname from my past.

So what does your handle mean?

It means I joined the online community when I was still laughing at Family Guy and other things I've outgrown, but the email and login has stuck around. If I could find something worth changing it to, I would, but at this point it's not going anywhere.

I should restrict this thread to people with only interesting stories. Since mine isn't at all, make it better than mine. Stories worse than mine will be banned.

Goldberg Rules!
    It was the name Smart Mark's mom shouted during intercourse.

I invented my name back in high school nearly 15 years back just so I had something unique. I got sick of trying to join things on the net yet any name I used was already taken. zzzorf was therefore a name unique to me that I can use from site to site and feel confident that no one on there will have it already, if it is there it means I have already joined the site previously.

Quote Originally Posted by T.O. View Post
    It was the name Smart Mark's mom shouted during intercourse.

Funny. Chat is what the d stands for in my name too. Deeper Powder. That is what Smart Mark's mom used to scream at me.

Good to know I'm not the only one she screams at.

Wait.....
    I think it's awesome that the word lisp has an "s" in it.

In late 2004 I joined. I wanted to be "Bossman" but it was taken. I added a random wrestling acronym in front.

I had just got back into wrestling. I honestly didn't know the Big Boss Man had died.

Goldberg Rules!
    You monster.

I was gonna use the same one I use on other boards, but I felt donkeydaddy69 would be misunderstood.

Goldberg Rules!
    You monster.

StormDragonZ
    The first ever forum I ever joined was GameFAQs back in 1998. I originally wanted StormDragonX, but apparently, it was taken, so I went with Z because I was a fan of some new anime that had came over to America on Cartoon Network's Toonami called Dragonball Z. So the Z part comes from that.

In Final Fantasy VI, apart of the Final Fantasy Anthology for the PS1, there are eight optional dragons you can fight. The most difficult one, for me, was the Storm Dragon. Any other one paled in comparison, so it stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by T.O. View Post
    You monster.
    Ironically, that's what YOUR mom shouts during intercourse.

She then curls up in the nearest corner, in the fetal position, crying for hours.

Goldberg Rules!
    She's incapable of crying any more. Utter disappointment does that.

Blunt Force Balls
    I wanted to call my self Blunt Force Testicle Trauma after my favorite wrestling move to perform in real life- the low blow.

However that was too many character :-(

I like GWAR.

I was saying Boo-Urns. lunchbox1981's Avatar
    The first forum I ever joined I went with a wrestling inspired name but eventually came to regret it because I wasn’t a fan of said wrestler by the time I left that place. So I took a much simpler approach when registering here. Inspired by the Kevin Smith character Silent Bob all of my friends call me Lunchbox because as they put it I don’t say a whole lot but when I do it’s memorable, insightful or funny. 1981 is just the year that I was born. So it’s my nickname + my birth year.

Xander was my favorite character on Buffy the Vampire Slayer; a couple of times he was referred to as "The XanMan."

That show owned.
    @El_Duderino_999

boobnewb
    My handle comes from my website . The 'Boob' word stands for laziness and the 'Newb' term is short for Newbie. It's a reference to being a novice or new at something. There was an article discussing how the internet was taking over people's recreational time away from television and how the internet was becoming the new 'BoobTube' or lazy box to waste people's time with. Therefore, I created a site where we discuss laziness and pop culture all rolled up into one. BoobNewb sounds dumb but it's catchy and people remember it sort of like google. I knew that it worked when I was talking with a friend about my site while waiting for the bus once and some old lady heard the word and couldn't stop laughing for over 15 minutes. I knew from there to stick with it.

Hylton
    It's my last name.

^^^so are you Paris or Nikki?

Hylton
    Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    ^^^so are you Paris or Nikki?
    Both. They used the Fusion Ha to go from two semi-attractive washed up starlets to a 20-something overweight white guy covered in hair.

A Professional Sort Of
    Mine is M. Winnebago because of my fetish for motor vehicles.

The M is whatever you want it to be.

My surname is Plant, and Plant is too similar to 'Plan!
    Catch up on my column series, Sound Of The Underground, only on Lordsofpain.net

Once upon a time, there was a Jacob.

Genesis 32
    The same night he arose and took his two wives, his two female servants, and his eleven children, and crossed the ford of the Jabbok. He took them and sent them across the stream, and everything else that he had. And Jacob was left alone. And a man wrestled with him until the breaking of the day.

When the man saw that he did not prevail against Jacob, he touched his hip socket, and Jacob's hip was put out of joint as he wrestled with him. Then he said, “Let me go, for the day has broken.” But Jacob said, “I will not let you go unless you bless me.”

And he said to him, “What is your name?” And he said, “Jacob.”

Then he said, “Your name shall no longer be called Jacob, but Israel, for you have striven with God and with men, and have prevailed.” Then Jacob asked him, “Please tell me your name.”

But he said, “Why is it that you ask my name?” And there he blessed him.

So Jacob called the name of the place Peniel, saying, “For I have seen God face to face, and yet my life has been delivered.” The sun rose upon him as he passed Penuel, limping because of his hip.

Therefore to this day the people of Israel do not eat the sinew of the thigh that is on the hip socket, because he touched the socket of Jacob's hip on the sinew of the thigh.

So why am I fascinated with Jacob's story?

I still remembered, when I was seven, I stood silent and held my Dad's hand as he was lying, dazed on the hospital bed. He was in his early forties, and cancer had savaged his entire body. My mum wrestled with God till the very end, even though she was not a Christian, she prayed to many Gods for healing. She was wrestling with her destiny, her faith.

At such a young age, I was brought to the end of myself and in my heart, I was wrestling with God, complaining to Him, being angry at Him. Why would there be sickness and death here, and mighty God in his mighty throne just refuses to heal us all?

Whether or not we believe in a God or not, we all have wrestled with destiny. And as you struggle hard in life, always remember that fate, or God, makes the final decision. Even in a naturalist belief, there is only so much you can do, and hope for the best.

My Dad passed away after losing the battle. Way too early. Our arms are just too short to box with God.

Thus ends the story of my handler.
    And Jacob wrestled with God.

I jacked Jericho's "Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah" thing, which he had jacked from Mad Max, and used it in my high school newspaper's entertainment section, for which I was the editor and main contributor. It shrunk to Your Ayatollah at some point and I started using it as a username for various things as it was fairly distinctive and I didn't have to worry about it already having been taken.

I've considered changing it for years and years and years, especially after 9/11. Throughout my various main page writing stints I would, without fail, get at least one email per column asking if I was a Muslim or some such shit. I would've changed it to simply "Steve", which is what the majority of people call me anyhow, but there was already a fairly well established poster named Steve here on LOP Forums. So it stuck, though I still debate whether I should change it at least once a week, especially now that the previously mentioned Steve isn't registered under than name anymore.

I almost changed it to Ferrit Bueller at one point, as that was my alternate internet handle. I've always really dug Antichrist Superstar, as well, which was actually my name when I wrote under a pseudonym to give BC a hand on some stuff.

Goldberg Rules!
    You never were my ayatollah, though.

Sean
    It's my name.

Though, I previously went by Fear the Spear in my early years here at this establishment.

Story behind that is that I liked the move, and it rhymed. Woohoo!

The term "smart mark" is commonly used in reference to fans of professional wrestling who go out of their way to acquire inside knowledge of the business. It's also a term given to people who know more about running a sports-entertainment company than those with proven track records of nearly 50 years.

The underscore is silent.

GloryholeThemePark

Evan
    Its my name. The older I get the worse I seem to get at making handles. Not like my AIM names back in my youth were any better. Iceberg99....fuck if I know why I picked that. When I tried to be original and create a new name, WhizBangWizard was born and well besides being misspelled due to WhizBangWhizard being taken, it also sounded gay, and it made people taking you seriously in Halo near impossible regardless of your kill count...

See, I love wiping out entire teams as fuzzy_wuzzy87.

Hrax
    Hrax was the name of my Protection Warrior in WoW.

Brooklyn
    I'm from the NYC borough of Brooklyn. I was born and raised here(Bedford Stuyvesant), and have a strong affinity for the hometown(aside from the Brooklyn Nets...but thats another story). I've been posting on/ visiting the forums probably since the late 90s or early 2000s under different names after board resets. Some of those names were corny as hell but so what. I don't visit the forums as often nowadays but will probably ride this screen name out for as long as I associate with LoP.

Scorpio450Firebird-I liked 2 Cold Scorpio the wrestler
    Lucha Extrema, LE and LE.1-when I was following lucha libre like a maniac

Mine came about when I was a regular visitor to another wrestling website, so when I signed up for that site's forums I chose the name because I was a fan of the site and just added the number 144 to it. Now I no longer visit that site but continue to use the name for all of the online accounts that I have, recently I've started to drop the number because it really had no meaning to me, it just popped into my head when originally signing up.
    Last edited by Nodqfan; 05-28-2014 at 06:47 PM.

Blade23
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox1981 View Post
    Inspired by the Kevin Smith character Silent Bob all of my friends call me Lunchbox because as they put it I don’t say a whole lot but when I do it’s memorable, insightful or funny.
    LOL....every time I see your name, I think of Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (love that movie).

Blade = one of my favorite comic characters and I signed up at LOP when the first movie had just come out.

23 = favorite number; used it when I played baseball, as Don Mattingly was my favorite player (he wore #23).

cabmonk
    Whenever I hear someone say bed stuy It always makes me think someone got a weird aillment from a bed bug lol.
    Anyway, my name came from years ago when I joined a website about dsl and cable internet and my user name was cablemonkey. When I shortened it to cabmonk everyone thought I was a cab driver. Yeah that's me the cab driving monk.

Long ones with a banana seat

As for my name: guess.

When I was interning while still in Law School, I wanted to make the big bucks (either "big" corporate law, or criminal defense), then I decided I wanted to be a judge because judge=power and power is appealing at any stage but that would take time and the need to live almost a perfect life under a microscope. But then I decided that there was no way I could pull that off. So then I took my pawpaws advise and went where I could actually do some good and pawpaw helped get me on at the da's office. Sorry guys I tend to ramble when I'm not focused lol. Anyway back to my handle it's because I guess deep down I still think it'd be bad ass to be a judge someday. So I'm the judge lol.

Ps: sorry about post quality, posting from my iphone

I was 14 in my house alone (don't ask lol) & it originated from my height (6'3) & religion sooo..