Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Game of Thrones

Whats your guy's favorite crackpot theory?

I mean my best are obviously Jaime Lannister is Targaryen, will ride Viserion ( cream and gold are his colors), Aegon is Perkin Warbeck, The Tyrell conspiracy, and Oathkeeper or Widow's Wail is Lightbrigner (the first forging is in water - it came from Ice ... second forging is in the heart of a lion - Too bad for Cersei .. The third forging is in the heart of his love - Brienne ) but it will be drawn finally from fire by the Prince(ess) which was promised.

Mine is the Castle of Greyskull

Angela Lansbury, who I didn't realize was still alive, is coming to Game of Thrones.

Yes, she is alive. No, she will not be in GoT. Apparently that was some big internet rumor only.

That's a shame.

Season 7 spoiler pics are currently busy annihilating the internet. Seriously, if you don't want the biggest non-death-related spoiler in the history of television, then perhaps you'd better tread lightly.
    I think it's awesome that the word lisp has an "s" in it.

Episode 1 was glorious.

The actors and producers were not joking when they said the pace was going to be much faster (lots to get through in 13 episodes).

I enjoyed the first cameo of celebrities about 2/3 the was in....

Dragon queen's cockiness is almost like a proven spoiler that she's going to lose a battle soon. My guess is one of her dragons gets slayed sooner than later.

I don't get the hate for this season. After six years we are finally getting payoffs and I love it. I'd rather they skip over the talking/traveling and get to the good stuff, which used to be the opposite of this show.

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
    I don't get the hate for this season. After six years we are finally getting payoffs and I love it. I'd rather they skip over the talking/traveling and get to the good stuff, which used to be the opposite of this show.
    Bingo.

This is a fantasy show, yet many of the complaints this season have been based on reason and logic (mostly due to time/distance/probability). I have used a few different analogies for this season. The first is this like a modern comic book movie: first 90 minutes are setting up the story and the last 20 are the big fight to end the movie. The other use is The Lord of The Rings trilogy template where the first 8 hours of film is setting up Frodo and Samwise to throw The Ring/My Precious into Mt. Doom. Game of Thrones is well past the politicking and character development arcs; it's now setting up the battle of the living vs. the dead and maybe the last 1/2 of the last episode to give an idea of the Westerosi landscape when the dust settles.

Because this season has been heavy on battle/war/conflict, the characters that are more cerebral have naturally played a smaller part (Tyrion, Varys, Melisandre, even a-hole Littlefinger).

So I thought we could kickstart this thread again. I love Game of Thrones, both the book and the tv show. To get things started I wanted to talk about Jaime Lanister's character progression.

I was inspired by this video here (spoilers are in it)

Of all the morally grey characters in the world Jamie is the most interesting to me. As this video shows while on the outside Jamie seems to be the same as the many uncaring and corrupt men in the world but in reality he is a man who is haunted by the best action he ever did: killing Aerys before the whole of Kings Landing was burnt to the ground. The fallout makes him a pariah amongst the upperclass and a slur amongst the commoners.

Throughout the series he also changes profoundly and begins to see how he can do the right thing and while he is torn between doing the right thing and his love for his sister he tries to choose the right path. However he does it all for the side that is ultimately the worse of two evils, a family that killed the rightful king and a Queen Regent that indulges and even glories in everything that is evil, corrupt and wrong with the leadership of Westeros.

What do you think of Jamie and what do you think the future holds for him?

Death unfortunately. He’s the character I’m most certain will die in the next season. He’s had this redemption arc and could well die in a noble way. A part of me would love for him and Brienne to live happily ever after but I think his death will be used in the last season (penultimate episode?) to progress things.

Yeah, I think you're right Nony, his arc should conclude with him doing something nobel that gets him killed. Perhaps it could even be defending one of the Starks to really dial up the full call back to previous misdeeds.

I do like how in the show in the final season he had become the final strand of honour left in Cersei's Court and how alienated he was. How he saw Cersei for the monster she is, I actually was ready for him to kill her on the map as the final scene of the series but I'm glad he didn't because there are so many possibilities now.

So bad news all around as it was confirmed the show won't be back until 2019. Also, EW said the rumor of all the episodes being feature length is not true.

The Brain
    God DAMN that's a long time to wait. Hopefully they are forcing Martin to do some writing, at gun point if necessary, in the interim.

I'm happy for them to take the time as long as it means they will get it right. As impressive as the set pieces have been there has been a noticeable drop in the narrative since they went 'off book'.