Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Game of Thrones

Whats your guy's favorite crackpot theory?

I mean my best are obviously Jaime Lannister is Targaryen, will ride Viserion ( cream and gold are his colors), Aegon is Perkin Warbeck, The Tyrell conspiracy, and Oathkeeper or Widow's Wail is Lightbrigner (the first forging is in water - it came from Ice ... second forging is in the heart of a lion - Too bad for Cersei .. The third forging is in the heart of his love - Brienne ) but it will be drawn finally from fire by the Prince(ess) which was promised.

Mine is the Castle of Greyskull

Angela Lansbury, who I didn't realize was still alive, is coming to Game of Thrones.

Yes, she is alive. No, she will not be in GoT. Apparently that was some big internet rumor only.

That's a shame.

Season 7 spoiler pics are currently busy annihilating the internet. Seriously, if you don't want the biggest non-death-related spoiler in the history of television, then perhaps you'd better tread lightly.
    I think it's awesome that the word lisp has an "s" in it.

Episode 1 was glorious.

The actors and producers were not joking when they said the pace was going to be much faster (lots to get through in 13 episodes).

I enjoyed the first cameo of celebrities about 2/3 the was in....

Dragon queen's cockiness is almost like a proven spoiler that she's going to lose a battle soon. My guess is one of her dragons gets slayed sooner than later.

I don't get the hate for this season. After six years we are finally getting payoffs and I love it. I'd rather they skip over the talking/traveling and get to the good stuff, which used to be the opposite of this show.

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
    I don't get the hate for this season. After six years we are finally getting payoffs and I love it. I'd rather they skip over the talking/traveling and get to the good stuff, which used to be the opposite of this show.
    Bingo.

This is a fantasy show, yet many of the complaints this season have been based on reason and logic (mostly due to time/distance/probability). I have used a few different analogies for this season. The first is this like a modern comic book movie: first 90 minutes are setting up the story and the last 20 are the big fight to end the movie. The other use is The Lord of The Rings trilogy template where the first 8 hours of film is setting up Frodo and Samwise to throw The Ring/My Precious into Mt. Doom. Game of Thrones is well past the politicking and character development arcs; it's now setting up the battle of the living vs. the dead and maybe the last 1/2 of the last episode to give an idea of the Westerosi landscape when the dust settles.

Because this season has been heavy on battle/war/conflict, the characters that are more cerebral have naturally played a smaller part (Tyrion, Varys, Melisandre, even a-hole Littlefinger).