Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Brock Lesnar

Any chance that if Lesnar doesn’t sign a “full time contract” that he signs a part time contract and becomes the next Undertaker. Lesnar can work for a few months from the Rumble to Mania and wrestle 1-2 matches a year and be a Mania draw.

Depends how willing Lesnar is to work, I guess. Assuming that they go through with it and take the title off him at Mania, he no longer needs to be in the tite picture. You immediately open him up as more of a special attraction wrestler. The last time we had that with him was when we had the Cena match, Triple H feud, and Taker feud.

I'll throw a bit of fun at this - if he re-signs I'd have him on Smackdown. You immediately open him up to a new group of top level people he hasn't really worked with before. Lesnar vs AJ II could happen. Lesnar vs Nakamura, Lesnar vs Owens, Lesnar vs Zayn - there's a bunch of people he hasn't worked with that could be there.

If you keep him on Raw, he's not got much to work with unless he tries to elevate someone like Wyatt or Balor. And with those two you've got to start suspending disbelief in a serious way given how they've been booked. I think the only guy I'd like to see him wrestle is The Miz, for funsies. But Smackdown has a lot of opportunity for him to have new guys to work with at the top of the card.

I mean, you're not accounting for the fact that a draft shakeup is imminent. You don't have to move Brock to Smackdown when you can just bring guys to hm that you want him to work.

I would love to see Lesnar vs Owens, but you have to let Owens and Hayman have free reign over the creative control. I would love to hear them go back and forth on the mic

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
    I mean, you're not accounting for the fact that a draft shakeup is imminent. You don't have to move Brock to Smackdown when you can just bring guys to hm that you want him to work.
    Yeah, but given what happened in the last draft when Raw pulled out pretty much anybody either in the Smackdown Main Event scene or on the cusp of it just to sit and linger in their midcard without really paying them back with anybody to replace them I'd be a bit reticent to do it again. Mostly because I'd fear that by May we'd be staring down the barrel of six months of Titus O'Neill main events or something.

Ha. That Titus remark is funny. Who will be Jinder 2018? Titus might not lose enough to get a good look.

Except while Jinder is bad in the ring, Titus is just downright cringeworthy.

The Brain
    But, I actually think Titus is somewhat charismatic, so that's something?

My god, a Lesnar/Zayn match where Lesnar actually gave a shit would be amazing.

We already saw that In The Lasnar/AJ Styles match.

The Lesnar match I want is KO vs Lesnar with KO and Heyman given complete creative control.

The Brain
    Zayn has different strengths than AJ. It'd be a completely different experience, I think.

Is there evidence to suggest Kevin Owens is good with creative stuff? I like the guy but giving him the book seems weird. Heyman could most probably put together some compelling build if left to his own devices for a few weeks, for sure.

This is me totally assuming but I'm thinking KO and Sami worked their ROH feud pretty much themselves since Cornette hated Kev lol.

You don't have to give KO and paul the book to promote a match with Brock. Just have them do their thing on promos. For some reason, i don't see it happening though.

The Brain
    Considering what a joke they made Owens out to be against Goldberg, it does seem unlikely that they have any intention of running him as any kind of threat to Lesnar at any point.

I also wonder if Brock does stay with WWE how much he'll work and like.... he's not getting another title reign i don't think so it opens things i guess.. but they've exhausted the big matches.

Unless Lashley is really coming in.

The Brain
    Well, he's sure as hell not going to start working more! I'm sure they'll find him something to do.

Squared
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
    Cornette hated Kev lol.
    Cornette's always said he didn't hate Kev. To hear him talk, he found him frustrating because he thought he didn't really listen to a lot of what was being said to him, but to hear JC speak you can tell he always rated him as a talent. I think Owens has done quite well out of stoking up the idea that Jimmy hated him and that's become bigger than the truth, which in itself suggests he might have a good enough knowledge of psychology to have some creative talent....

@lopprimetime

Quote Originally Posted by mizfan View Post
    Considering what a joke they made Owens out to be against Goldberg, it does seem unlikely that they have any intention of running him as any kind of threat to Lesnar at any point.
    Owens’ promos on Goldberg were really good. The match was terrible bc Vince and Goldberg didn’t want him to take bumps yet.

I think the WWE still sees $ in Lesnar/Strowman happening on a bigger stage - especially if Strowman continues to develop as a talent and a "name." There's also been long-running rumors about Vince wanting a Rock/Brock match. You can probably add Batista's name to a list of guys Vince think could draw against Lesnar too.

I buy the Lashley rumors - but I'm not 100% sold that they'll be pushing him into a Lesnar match immediately upon his arrival. Before that happens, I expect they'll want to see how the crowd reacts to him, see if he can gain some momentum, etc. I never thought they'd put Samoa Joe up against Lesnar but they did, so, Lashley/Lesnar is definitely within the realm of possibility.

Lastly, while I think their main roster runs have been lackluster, I wouldn't discount Nakamura and/or Balor getting a match against Brock one day, especially if they heat up and if Triple H does assume more control of the booking once Vince gets more focused on XFL. While Vince may not see either guy as a headliner deserving of that role, I think Triple H believes that the way you make them into headliners is by putting them in that role...which kinda makes sense considering one could argue that Triple H's main event status was largely based on being put up against actual
    main venters like Austin and The Rock.
    You wanted the best, you got this instead -

http://kwangtheblog.blogspot.com

My one-stop blog spot for full reviews of wrestling pay-per-views, TV supercards, and Network Specials.