Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 297

Thread: Brock Lesnar

  1. #1
    Dario
    Guest

    Brock Lesnar

    No thread for "The Beast Incarnate"? Hmm.

    Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman returned last week on RAW, and Lesnar said that he is going after the WWE Heavyweight Championship. Lesnar claimed that he doesn't have to do what others do to get a title shot, and then he challenged anyone backstage. "The World's Strongest Man" Mark Henry answered his challenge, but The Beast absolutely destroyed Henry and gave him an F5 outside the ring. And then...


    Anyways... Where were we? Oh Yes! Brock and the WWE Championship! So, what do you guys think WWE has in store for us? Does Brock Lesnar get a his title shot at the Elimination Chamber PPV or at Wrestlemania, or does someone get in his way (Batista, The Undertaker, etc.)? Discuss.

  2. #2
    deprice659
    Guest
    I see Lesnar going up against Batista at Mania. I would hope for a Lesnar victory but with rumors of Batista being back for an actual extended run and WWE's treatment of it's superfaces, it's hard to see that happening. WWE should at least have Sheamus job to Lesnar in a big match on the Road to Mania, though.

  3. #3
    DBPanterA
    Guest
    Dario: That was a hilarious youtube clip. Well done!

    Anyways, I have stated this in other parts of the forum but this is what I envision for Lesnar in the next few months after his speech last week.

    The Elimination Chamber is in Minneapolis, MN this year, the "billed" hometown of Lesnar. He will undoubtedly receive a face pop much like CM Punk got in Chicago at MitB in 2011. I feel WWE will have Lesnar win the Chamber match, playing off his UFC days. Orton will have to defend in the Chamber as the Royal Rumble winner gets the Championship match at WM30. It doesn't matter how Lesnar wins the Chamber, but I see him being released late from his pod and smashing through the other contestants. That leaves the Royal Rumble winner being a face. While people still believe it is going to be Bryan, I feel one thing people are neglecting to clue in on from last week was that both Heyman and Lesnar said they don't carry grudges. Well, one Mr. CM Punk does. I see Punk being a late entrant to the Rumble and winning it. Punk wins at WM30.

    I feel Lesnar will have a match at the Rumble, most likely against a big hoss like Henry and whip him to build him up a bit to his win at EC. The idea of a potential Lesnar/Undertaker match could be one of the most silly things I have ever seen. While the IWC will bash me on this, Undertaker's actions following Brock's loss to Cain Velasquez were completely out of line. Brock would not play nice with the Undertaker, even in a scripted match, so unless they truly want this to be Undertaker's last match, I don't see it happening.

    WWE has relied on a big name to try to draw outside interest into Wrestlemania over the past several years. Names that go beyond the world of wrestling. While Lesnar is by no means a media darling (the fact is he doesn't even do interviews in his home town, I know, I live in it), he has name recognition. Batista may have some outside wrestling appeal come SummerSlam with his movie being released in August, I don't think they would put the belt on him at WM. Possibly in June or July, so that he carries the belt when doing his press interviews (much like the Rock previously), but not in April.

  4. #4
    Blunt Force Balls
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dario View Post
    No thread for "The Beast Incarnate"? Hmm.

    Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman returned last week on RAW, and Lesnar said that he is going after the WWE Heavyweight Championship. Lesnar claimed that he doesn't have to do what others do to get a title shot, and then he challenged anyone backstage. "The World's Strongest Man" Mark Henry answered his challenge, but The Beast absolutely destroyed Henry and gave him an F5 outside the ring. And then...


    Anyways... Where were we? Oh Yes! Brock and the WWE Championship! So, what do you guys think WWE has in store for us? Does Brock Lesnar get a his title shot at the Elimination Chamber PPV or at Wrestlemania, or does someone get in his way (Batista, The Undertaker, etc.)? Discuss.
    I envisage Brock will do a similar thing tonight and call someone out or attack someone. When Heyman mentions in this video Lesnar is going to do something 'Old School' I think maybe he meant attack old rival The Big Show:



    Quote Originally Posted by deprice659 View Post
    I see Lesnar going up against Batista at Mania. I would hope for a Lesnar victory but with rumors of Batista being back for an actual extended run and WWE's treatment of it's superfaces, it's hard to see that happening. WWE should at least have Sheamus job to Lesnar in a big match on the Road to Mania, though.
    I agree I think Brock Lesnar will face Batista at Mania. The video posted above seemed to hint at that. Batista may also decide to come back and declare himself as number 1 contender.

    Quote Originally Posted by DBPanterA View Post
    Dario: That was a hilarious youtube clip. Well done!

    Anyways, I have stated this in other parts of the forum but this is what I envision for Lesnar in the next few months after his speech last week.

    The Elimination Chamber is in Minneapolis, MN this year, the "billed" hometown of Lesnar. He will undoubtedly receive a face pop much like CM Punk got in Chicago at MitB in 2011. I feel WWE will have Lesnar win the Chamber match, playing off his UFC days. Orton will have to defend in the Chamber as the Royal Rumble winner gets the Championship match at WM30. It doesn't matter how Lesnar wins the Chamber, but I see him being released late from his pod and smashing through the other contestants. That leaves the Royal Rumble winner being a face. While people still believe it is going to be Bryan, I feel one thing people are neglecting to clue in on from last week was that both Heyman and Lesnar said they don't carry grudges. Well, one Mr. CM Punk does. I see Punk being a late entrant to the Rumble and winning it. Punk wins at WM30.

    I feel Lesnar will have a match at the Rumble, most likely against a big hoss like Henry and whip him to build him up a bit to his win at EC. The idea of a potential Lesnar/Undertaker match could be one of the most silly things I have ever seen. While the IWC will bash me on this, Undertaker's actions following Brock's loss to Cain Velasquez were completely out of line. Brock would not play nice with the Undertaker, even in a scripted match, so unless they truly want this to be Undertaker's last match, I don't see it happening.

    WWE has relied on a big name to try to draw outside interest into Wrestlemania over the past several years. Names that go beyond the world of wrestling. While Lesnar is by no means a media darling (the fact is he doesn't even do interviews in his home town, I know, I live in it), he has name recognition. Batista may have some outside wrestling appeal come SummerSlam with his movie being released in August, I don't think they would put the belt on him at WM. Possibly in June or July, so that he carries the belt when doing his press interviews (much like the Rock previously), but not in April.
    A Lesnar-Punk match would make sense. Put how do you see the rest of the main matches going? I could see Bryan v HHH and Taker v Cena but I can't really place Batista on the card then. Would they really be bringing him back just for a Mania match against Sheamus, Bray Wyatt or Randy Orton? I'm not so sure.

  5. #5
    DBPanterA
    Guest
    Blunt Force Balls: I know we all like to look into the crystal ball as to how the WM30 card will look. My feeling from reading the dirt sheets is that Batista is going to be around for 2 years as his last tour of duty. I do lean toward Cena/Taker and a HHH/Bryan match (as reported on the main page today, Vince was the one behind making Bryan a Wyatt family member). We still don't know if Batista will return with heel or face tendencies, but I am thinking face. Keep in mind that feuds can begin in the Royal Rumble, and as I type this, Cole said Batista formally announced his intention to be in the Rumble.

  6. #6
    They fucked up BIG TIME with The Beast. He should have beat Cena. He didn't need to face HHH 3 times. He should have faced Taker at last year 'Mania. Going over Punk was understandable but he should be going into 'Mania as champ defending the belt against Bryan.

  7. #7
    Rick Rude
    Guest

    Brock's Career/Legacy

    Long time follower, first time poster here. Brock now has major claims to fame in two separate wwe runs, in addition to the UFC run in between. My question is simple. What's Brock's best accomplishment? What will we remember most about his career in 15 years?

  8. #8
    CoachBrief
    Guest
    Lots of people have been King of the Ring. More people have won the Royal Rumble. Even more people have main evented Wrestlemania. Now, before last night, who had beaten The Undertaker at Wrestlemania? Go on, I'll wait.

  9. #9
    Queen of Extreme Irishsara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,342
    It's Ok Rude, I gotcha buddy


    Lesnar is arguably the most decorated pro wrestler of his era. If he wins the Rumble this year (for the second time), there will be no saying he hasnt been booked as just as much of a monster as John Cena in his career.

    I mean look at just a few of the accomplishments for a minute.

    #1 Heavyweight in the Big Ten Conference and Conference Champion. NCAA Division 1 wrestling Champion. Longest Reigning UFC Heavyweight Champion of all time. At the time he won it he was the youngest WWE Champion in history at the age of 25 . Until Randy Orton, he was the final WWE Undisputed Champion. He won King of the Ring. He Won the Royal Rumble. He won New Japan's top title, The International Wrestling Grand Prix (IWGP) Heavyweight Championship (Currently the top title in New Japan). He was only the 5th foreign IWGP Heavyweight Champion of all time and the last foreigner to win a top title in Japan. He is the only wrestler of all time to be recognized as both an IWGP champion and a WWE World Champion. He holds a Number 1 on the PWI 500. He was on the cover of a video game for 2 "sports". Now, he is the man that ended the Undertaker's undefeated WrestleMania streak. Brock Lesnar is the most decorated wrestler of his generation.

    John Bradshaw Layfield mentioned both the IWGP title win and the UFC title last night, I think they count.
    Last edited by Irishsara; 04-07-2014 at 08:59 PM.

  10. #10
    DBPanterA
    Guest
    Sara,

    I will be up front when I say I am a massive Lesnar fan. In fact, go back to the Taker/Lesnar thread for WM30 and see what I wrote in March: Lesnar is the only guy capable of handling the hatred for eternity of ending the streak. There was no "rub" needed, as the person who defeated Taker was going to be hated forever, and that burden is too much for an up and comer, and it couldn't be a face as we have seen what split crowds do to the product the last 5 years with Cena.

    When we go back to UFC 121 (October 2010) in which Brock Lesnar lost to Cain Velesquez for the UFC HW Championship, this is when Taker approached him following the loss to say "Wanna do this?" I will always say that was poor timing, but now looking back at that exchange, it was obvious Taker wanted Brock to end the streak. Taker would go on 6 months later to defeat HHH in a Hell in Cell Match.

    In regards to Brock's greatest accomplishment, it really isn't even close: Winning the UFC HW Championship. Brock is athletically and genetically gifted like very few people we will ever see, whether in WWE or elsewhere. He decimated Randy Couture for the interim UFC Title, then demolished Frank Mir at UFC 100 using his superior strength, his incredible wrestling ability, and accomplished something that most MMA fighters today train their entire lives to accomplish. The UFC and MMA is a much different beast today than is was in 2008-2011 in which many fighters could get by with holes in their game, and Brock definitely benefited from this without question as his striking, BJJ, etc. was very rudimentary. But he climbed to the top of mountain. Brock would not survive in today's UFC because he is a "1 trick pony," and the competition is too skilled where they can exploit the holes in his game.

    I understand people dislike Lesnar, but I didn't watch wrestling during his first run as I became much more interested in UFC. I do not think anything done in WWE can compare to what he did in actual competition. It is much like Kurt Angle winning the gold medal in Atlanta.... everything else pales in comparison......

  11. #11
    Queen of Extreme Irishsara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,342
    I disagree. His first run as the Next Big Thing was more important. He was 25 and arguably the biggest monster in the history of Pro Wrestling since Andre. He didnt have a single pinfall defeat til he won the WWE Championship at 25. He beat Hogan, The Hardys at the hight of their popularity, The Rock, Undertaker, Big Show. He tore through some of the best this business ever had. Austin Quit rather then get jobbed out to Lesnar. That run is shocking in his dominance.

  12. #12
    McDaygo
    Guest
    He won teh King of the Ring, Royal Rumble and WWE undisputed title in his first year pro... first year.

  13. #13
    DBPanterA
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishsara View Post
    I disagree. His first run as the Next Big Thing was more important. He was 25 and arguably the biggest monster in the history of Pro Wrestling since Andre. He didnt have a single pinfall defeat til he won the WWE Championship at 25. He beat Hogan, The Hardys at the hight of their popularity, The Rock, Undertaker, Big Show. He tore through some of the best this business ever had. Austin Quit rather then get jobbed out to Lesnar. That run is shocking in his dominance.

    All in a scripted show. The fact he headlined 5 of the 7 UFC cards that have topped 1 million buys is a bigger deal. GSP, Anderson Silva, Jon "Bones" Jones, Chuck Liddell, Randy Couture, Dan Henderson, Lyoto Machida, Ronda Rousey all cannot say they have done that. He was the head of UFC when it really blew up in popularity across the country. There is not 1 bar in my area of 5 million people that show WWE. There are 30 bars within 20 minutes that show UFC.

  14. #14
    Goldberg Rules!
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    West Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    4,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishsara View Post
    I disagree. His first run as the Next Big Thing was more important. He was 25 and arguably the biggest monster in the history of Pro Wrestling since Andre. He didnt have a single pinfall defeat til he won the WWE Championship at 25. He beat Hogan, The Hardys at the hight of their popularity, The Rock, Undertaker, Big Show. He tore through some of the best this business ever had. Austin Quit rather then get jobbed out to Lesnar. That run is shocking in his dominance.
    To be fair, Austin says he walked out because they hot-shotted the Austin/Lesnar match. As much as I like to think of it as revisionist memory, I tend to believe that tale. That, combined with Austin not getting Hogan at Mania, pushed him to the brink. I don't think that being asked to lose to Lesnar as an isolated incident caused Austin to walk.

  15. #15
    Queen of Extreme Irishsara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,342
    Aw thats so cute, you think the UFC isnt scripted ... The Ultimate Fighter isnt scripted? PLEASE.

    Yeah, it doesnt change the fact that you think that the rise of a 24 yr old collegial athlete doing what has NEVER been done in the long history of Pro Wrestling.

    Who was the highest paid fighter til Georges St. Pierre came back? Chael Sonnen. Chael has never won a single title. You want to use the fact that Brock was a pugilist draw is his greatest legacy?

    Is Bad News (Brown) Allen's biggest claim to fame the fact that he is the the only American heavyweight judoka to have won an Olympic medal ? (He won the Bronze at the 1976 Summer Olympics) but if People know who Bad News is, they will tell you he won the Battle Royal at Wrestle-mania 7. Alberto Del Rio's Pride career is something that no one cares about.

    The UFC could be Jai ala in 20 years.

    The only reason you cared, the only reason Brock was a draw at the UFC, is because of his run with the WWE.

    Quote Originally Posted by T.O. View Post
    To be fair, Austin says he walked out because they hot-shotted the Austin/Lesnar match. As much as I like to think of it as revisionist memory, I tend to believe that tale. That, combined with Austin not getting Hogan at Mania, pushed him to the brink. I don't think that being asked to lose to Lesnar as an isolated incident caused Austin to walk.
    He didnt walk out at Mania tho, He did it when being pushed to job to Lesnar like Hogan had to (brutal beating)

  16. #16
    Goldberg Rules!
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    West Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    4,839
    I know that. But it had to linger with him for quite some time (both the WCW shit and not getting the spot at 18). It seems like a lifelong grudge (which made the opening segment last night so awkward). I think he was just looking for a reason to walk, and this gave him what he thought was a legitimate one.

  17. #17
    Hylton
    Guest
    Holy crap welcome back to life Ravishing One!

  18. #18
    Broken Kleck Kleckamania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    DELETE!!
    Posts
    1,437
    I can't agree with fans not caring about who Brock was when he was in the UFC if he hadn't wrestled before. He has a definitive look that sets him apart from anyone. Not to mention he is one of the most intimidating people alive (and that's coming from someone who has a very very short list of people that truly intimidate him). If he debuted in UFC with no prior limelight experience, he would have still been a massive draw

  19. #19
    Bork_Lazer
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by T.O. View Post
    To be fair, Austin says he walked out because they hot-shotted the Austin/Lesnar match. As much as I like to think of it as revisionist memory, I tend to believe that tale. That, combined with Austin not getting Hogan at Mania, pushed him to the brink. I don't think that being asked to lose to Lesnar as an isolated incident caused Austin to walk.
    I read in some old Paul Heyman interview that mentioned Austin walking out and Heyman said that Lesnar agreed that no buildup to their match was stupid and he had the right to walk out.

  20. #20
    McDaygo
    Guest
    Here is something to consider. Goldberg’s and the nWo contracts where they only had to work RAW and PPV’s is what drove Lesnar to leave the first time. He was the one if not the key guy during his first run but he hated the house shows that the WCW big 4 seemed to not have to do. IF Brock was given a similar deal who knows.

  21. #21
    Evan
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachBrief View Post
    Lots of people have been King of the Ring. More people have won the Royal Rumble. Even more people have main evented Wrestlemania. Now, before last night, who had beaten The Undertaker at Wrestlemania? Go on, I'll wait.
    This.

    Lots of people have had great debut years and have gone on to have great careers with many great moments and accomplishments. How many people remember the Big Show for winning the WCW title twice in his debut year by beating Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair?

    At this point Brock has had a significant career and gained a plethora of accomplishments and moments. His only moment that no one can never repeat and his only accomplishment that no one else can ever achieve is beating the streak.

  22. #22
    Queen of Extreme Irishsara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post

    At this point Brock has had a significant career and gained a plethora of accomplishments and moments. His only moment that no one can never repeat and his only accomplishment that no one else can ever achieve is beating the streak.
    Seriously? How many people won a world title without experiencing a pinfall? I can only think of 2. 1 of those is Bill Goldberg, the other is Brock Lesnar. According to the current Linage of the WWE World Heabyweight TItle, Who is the youngest WWE Champion in history? Here is the list : http://www.wwe.com/classics/titlehis...t-championship You tell me ...

    Here these are the closest. Pedro Morales and Ivan Koloff were 28. John Cena and Bruno Sanmartino were 27.

    But Sarah, Randy Orton is the youngest World Champion ... unfortunately, that linage is no longer active. Randall Keith Orton won the WWE Championship at 27. The Undertaker, the Phenom, defeated Hulk Hogan for the WWE title at 26. The Rock and Yoko were both 26.

    Brock Lesnar defeated The Rock to become champion when he was 25 years, 1 month, 13 days old. In less than four months Brock Lesnar went from a nobody in OVW to The WWE Undisputed World Champion.

    Hell, Even the Big Show's WCW run, he was already 27.
    Last edited by Irishsara; 04-08-2014 at 03:36 AM.

  23. #23
    AmpZone88
    Guest
    If I asked someone 15 years from now if they remembered Brock Lesnar, I'm willing to be dollars to donuts that their answer will be something to the effect of:

    "Brock? You mean the guy who beat Undertaker at WrestleMania?"

    That is taking nothing away from his accomplishments, both in wrestling and MMA, but at the end of the day breaking The Streak will follow him for the rest of his life. Heck, when he gets inducted to the HoF somewhere down the road (and let's be honest, given his career highlights, it's probably a given), the highlight of the tribute package will be WrestleMania 30, period.

  24. #24
    DBPanterA
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishsara View Post
    Aw thats so cute, you think the UFC isnt scripted ... The Ultimate Fighter isnt scripted? PLEASE.

    Yeah, it doesnt change the fact that you think that the rise of a 24 yr old collegial athlete doing what has NEVER been done in the long history of Pro Wrestling.

    Who was the highest paid fighter til Georges St. Pierre came back? Chael Sonnen. Chael has never won a single title. You want to use the fact that Brock was a pugilist draw is his greatest legacy?

    Is Bad News (Brown) Allen's biggest claim to fame the fact that he is the the only American heavyweight judoka to have won an Olympic medal ? (He won the Bronze at the 1976 Summer Olympics) but if People know who Bad News is, they will tell you he won the Battle Royal at Wrestle-mania 7. Alberto Del Rio's Pride career is something that no one cares about.

    The UFC could be Jai ala in 20 years.

    The only reason you cared, the only reason Brock was a draw at the UFC, is because of his run with the WWE.



    He didnt walk out at Mania tho, He did it when being pushed to job to Lesnar like Hogan had to (brutal beating)
    You are way off on my caring about Lesnar. The fact of the matter was that I followed him at the University of Minnesota when he won the NCAA championship. I remember the U of M's program with him holding two smaller wrestlers during his senior year. I remember the local outrage when he did sign his deal with WWE because many wanted him to make a run at Olympic gold. Once again, I did not follow him during his first stint in the WWE as I did not watch wrestling during that time.

    And trust me, if you for one minute believe what the UFC reports as their payouts for fights, it's like saying WWE is real. There are many guys in my area that have fought under the UFC banner. I have friends who train these guys and make their way out to the ring with them, and the numbers they tell me are tad bit different than was is reported.

    I read the question asked essentially as "when this person dies, what will their obituary say?" To me, Lesnar's will say UFC WH Champion before any accolade pertaining to WWE. It's the same as when Kurt Angle dies, it will say 1996 Gold Medal wrestler.

    Also, I love Cro Cop vs. Dos Caras, Jr.....

  25. #25
    I beat up Kong! Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishsara View Post
    Seriously? How many people won a world title without experiencing a pinfall? I can only think of 2. 1 of those is Bill Goldberg, the other is Brock Lesnar. According to the current Linage of the WWE World Heabyweight TItle, Who is the youngest WWE Champion in history? Here is the list : http://www.wwe.com/classics/titlehis...t-championship You tell me ...
    The Giant. he beat Hogan in his first match.

  26. #26
    Is Your Superior PEN15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,987
    This is a stupid argument. People will remember anyone for different reasons. You ask what Robert Downey Jr will be remembered as, some will say Iron Man, some will say drug lunatic. No answer is wrong.

  27. #27
    CoachBrief
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishsara View Post
    But Sarah, Randy Orton is the youngest World Champion ... unfortunately, that linage is no longer active. Randall Keith Orton won the WWE Championship at 27. The Undertaker, the Phenom, defeated Hulk Hogan for the WWE title at 26. The Rock and Yoko were both 26.
    If that's the route we are going to take, couldn't it be said that the WWE Championship lineage no longer exists? As of right now, the youngest WWE World Heavyweight Champion ever is Daniel Bryan, age 33.

  28. #28
    Queen of Extreme Irishsara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,342
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachBrief View Post
    If that's the route we are going to take, couldn't it be said that the WWE Championship lineage no longer exists? As of right now, the youngest WWE World Heavyweight Champion ever is Daniel Bryan, age 33.
    You have to read ALL the words in my posts. According to the WWE, THIS is the linage of the WWE World Heavyweight title: http://www.wwe.com/classics/titlehis...t-championship It starts with Buddy Rogers and ends with Daniel Bryan. The youngest person on the date they won the title was Brock Lesnar.

    Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    The Giant. he beat Hogan in his first match.
    You sure? If I remember correctly, the Giant's reign wasnt recognized because he was stripped of the title the next week (and then lost to Hogan at SuperBrawl VI) and his first recognized reign was when he beat Flair ... no?
    Last edited by Irishsara; 04-08-2014 at 01:10 PM.

  29. #29
    Evan
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PEN15 View Post
    This is a stupid argument. People will remember anyone for different reasons. You ask what Robert Downey Jr will be remembered as, some will say Iron Man, some will say drug lunatic. No answer is wrong.
    True it's subjective, but usually there is one definitive moment in a long wrestling career which people generally remember them for.

    Quote Originally Posted by Irishsara View Post
    Seriously? How many people won a world title without experiencing a pinfall? I can only think of 2. 1 of those is Bill Goldberg, the other is Brock Lesnar. According to the current Linage of the WWE World Heabyweight TItle, Who is the youngest WWE Champion in history? Here is the list : http://www.wwe.com/classics/titlehis...t-championship You tell me ...

    Here these are the closest. Pedro Morales and Ivan Koloff were 28. John Cena and Bruno Sanmartino were 27.

    But Sarah, Randy Orton is the youngest World Champion ... unfortunately, that linage is no longer active. Randall Keith Orton won the WWE Championship at 27. The Undertaker, the Phenom, defeated Hulk Hogan for the WWE title at 26. The Rock and Yoko were both 26.

    Brock Lesnar defeated The Rock to become champion when he was 25 years, 1 month, 13 days old. In less than four months Brock Lesnar went from a nobody in OVW to The WWE Undisputed World Champion.

    Hell, Even the Big Show's WCW run, he was already 27.
    Yes seriously. How many people have beaten the streak and will again in the future? Everything you mention can be done again at any moment. Tomorrow someone from NXT can come up and do everything you mentioned, but its going to take 20 years before anyone else has a chance to match the streak accomplishments. Plus as you point out, at least two people share in his accomplishments already, and as I and others have pointed it out, more then 2 have.

    While his rookie year accomplishments are great, they are not unique ( oh but Evan, they are unique...they can be repeated, no they arent.) and can be lost in a pile of accomplishments and don't stand out. Beating the streak is unique, very unlikely to be repeated, and has more attention on it then 1 of many world title reigns or gimmick match victories that other wrestlers have also accomplished.
    Last edited by Evan; 04-08-2014 at 01:10 PM.

  30. #30
    I beat up Kong! Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishsara View Post
    You sure? If I remember correctly, the Giant's reign wasnt recognized because he was stripped of the title the next week (and then lost to Hogan at SuperBrawl VI) and his first recognized reign was when he beat Flair ... no?
    yes I am sure that the Giant's first match was against Hogan and he won the title. A few years ago on Tuff Enough, Show was talking to the trainees and he said that he was "Given the title on his first match ever, and he beat Hulk Hogan" and that was such a big responsibility, and everything was handed right to him.

  31. #31
    Is Your Superior PEN15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,987
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    True it's subjective, but usually there is one definitive moment in a long wrestling career which people generally remember them for.
    Really? Name one wrestler that is worth discussing that only has one memory. All successful wrestlers have several, which is why they are successful.

    Hogan: beating Sheik, Slamming Andre, turning on WCW ...etc.
    Austin: Austin 3:16, not tapping to Bret, winning WWF title, Stunner on Vince ...etc.

  32. #32
    Queen of Extreme Irishsara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post

    Yes seriously. How many people have beaten the streak and will again in the future? Everything you mention can be done again at any moment. Tomorrow someone from NXT can come up and do everything you mentioned, but its going to take 20 years before anyone else has a chance to match the streak accomplishments. Plus as you point out, at least two people share in his accomplishments already, and as I and others have pointed it out, more then 2 have.
    Right, Name one male member of NXT that is 24. Go ahead. Who can come up and do everything that I mentioned. Name 3 people in WWE history who did the same thing? I'll Wait. Won Wrestling's Undisputed World Title at the age of 25.

    Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    While his rookie year accomplishments are great, they are not unique ( oh but Evan, they are unique...they can be repeated, no they arent.) and can be lost in a pile of accomplishments and don't stand out. Beating the streak is unique, very unlikely to be repeated, and has more attention on it then 1 of many world title reigns or gimmick match victories that other wrestlers have also accomplished.
    This is subjective. Brock's Run as The Next Big Thing, defined his career. I'll stand by the fact that Brock is famous because of his first monster run.

    Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    yes I am sure that the Giant's first match was against Hogan and he won the title. A few years ago on Tuff Enough, Show was talking to the trainees and he said that he was "Given the title on his first match ever, and he beat Hulk Hogan" and that was such a big responsibility, and everything was handed right to him.
    But you are incorrect. On Nitro, Giant's win was abdicated and he then did not win the title for 148 more days, until AFTER he got pinned by Hogan.

  33. #33
    The Giant's reign is still counted, as from everything I've seen he's recognized as a two time WCW Champion, and the only other time he won it was when he beat Flair. Yes he was stripped of it a week, but WCW still recognized him as having held the belt. It also would make him the youngest World Champion ever, as The Giant was only 23 years old at the time of Halloween Havoc 1995. Hell, he'd still be the youngest World Champion ever if you say his first reign didn't count, as he was only 24 when he beat Flair in 1996.


  34. #34
    Queen of Extreme Irishsara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Cult Icon View Post
    The Giant's reign is still counted, as from everything I've seen he's recognized as a two time WCW Champion, and the only other time he won it was when he beat Flair. Yes he was stripped of it a week, but WCW still recognized him as having held the belt. It also would make him the youngest World Champion ever, as The Giant was only 23 years old at the time of Halloween Havoc 1995. Hell, he'd still be the youngest World Champion ever if you say his first reign didn't count, as he was only 24 when he beat Flair in 1996.
    It must have been his WWE title run when he was 27! I see.

  35. #35
    Goldberg Rules!
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    West Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    4,839
    I won the world title when I was 20.

  36. #36
    The Greatest of All Time LWO4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The AWA Territory
    Posts
    1,940
    All I know is Brock Lesnar is the greatest wrestler from Minnesota ever. And that's including Ric Flair, Vern Gagne, Mr. Perfect and Rick Rude.

  37. #37
    Follows buzzards Smart_Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Gotham, MS
    Posts
    2,578
    So is the stink from him (w/ Goldberg) sandbagging WM 20 gone for good?

    I'd also like to point out that, if reports of 'Taker being out of it early on in the match are true, then their match Sunday would be the only time in Undertaker's entire career where he had to be legitimately carried through the match. I'm talking British Bulldog @ SS '92 carried. And while it wasn't a classic, Brock did a more than respectable job.
    Last edited by Smart_Mark; 04-08-2014 at 03:05 PM.
    I think it's awesome that the word lisp has an "s" in it.

  38. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,006
    That should have never happened. You never put two guys in the ring who are both leaving. Too much of a gamble IMO. Especially guys with the size of egos those two had. I blame management more for not thinking of a creative way out of that disaster.

  39. #39
    CoachBrief
    Guest
    Sara, nobody is saying that Brock's first run wasn't memorable. It was incredibly amazing what he did in year 1. But that's in no way going to be remembered as his lasting legacy. You can't even try and argue the whole "youngest World Champ" deal, because nobody talks about it unless Cole is shilling off his accolades. The youngest recognized WWE WORLD CHAMPION is Randy Orton. Fact. That's all that matters. Both belts were World Titles, both belts were equal in prestige, so trying to pick and choose which one counts more than the other is ludicrous.

    Yes, he was the youngest WWE Champion, but that fact will irrelevant when he is gone for good. Can you tell me off the top of your head who the youngest recognized WWE World Champion was before Brock Lesnar? It's a fun tidbit, sure, but forgettable. Defeating The Streak will never be forgotten. Ever. Every Wrestlemania highlight video from now until the end of time will show Brock Lesnar pinning The Undertaker. There's no argument.

  40. #40
    Follows buzzards Smart_Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Gotham, MS
    Posts
    2,578
    I didn't even know it was up for debate what his biggest accomplishment is after the match with 'Taker, ESPECIALLY if you're someone who claims UFC is fixed to begin with.
    I think it's awesome that the word lisp has an "s" in it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •