Thread: "Real Song" Entrance Music

"Real Song" Entrance Music

This thread is to discuss who you think has the best "real song" entrance music. What I mean by "real song" is that the entrance music is a real song not written or created by the WWE, WWE employees, or any other wresting promotion. Then the wrestler adopted said song and the song truly captures who the wrestler is and enhances the character, hence the reason for the selection. The song can be for any wrestler in any promotion in any era, just that the song had to be written and created NOT for the sole purpose for a wrestler's theme.

My top Real Song Entrance Music in no particular order:

1. Hollywood Hogan: Voodoo Child - Jimi Hendrix
    2. CM Punk: Cult of Personality - Living Colour
    3. Ric Flair: Also Sprach Zarathustra - Strauss
    4. Randy Savage: Pomp and Circumstance - Sir Edward Elgar
    5. The Road Warriors (pre-WWF): Iron Man - Black Sabbath
    6. Edge: Metalingus - Alter Bridge
    7. Daniel Bryan: Ride of the Valkyries - Richard Wagner
    8. Shane McMahon: Here Comes the Money - Naughty By Nature
    Last edited by Powder; 02-13-2018 at 09:02 AM.

Squared
    I love the song but never been a fan of Hogan using Voodoo Chile, to be honest.

I always think one of the definitive answer for this has to be RVD's use of Walk.

@lopprimetime

More so than Punk and COP? That fit him to a T.

And I always thought that Hogan’s use of Voodoo Child was perfect.

Squared
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime Time View Post
    one of
    No, not necessarily more than Punk. Same ballpark, though.

Have to agree to disagree on Hogan. Always felt he had it because he liked it, wanted it and was Hulk Hogan, more than because it fit.

@lopprimetime

I know everyones gonna kick my ass, but I can't stand voodoo child.

"One of a Kind" by Breaking Point for RVD was pretty good.

Triple H's "The Game" by Motorhead as well.
    @El_Duderino_999

We cannot count any Motörhead song for HHH as Jim Johnston wrote all of them and then Motörhead performed them. Yes they are originals, but they were specifically created for HHH and Evolution.

Squared
    The Breaking Point one is an interesting one too, because although it's credited to the band it's clearly a derivation of the original theme that RVD used when he first came in. It's definitely based around that riff. Not saying it definitely rules it out but it's way more ambiguous than some of the other options.

@lopprimetime

It might not pan out, and I think the real telling will be in a couple of years, but Rousey using Bad Reputation is always going to be something I love.

The Final Countdown for Bryan would be high up the list for me. Really wished he got to use it in his main event run.

Dudley Boys- Bombshell by Powerman 5000
    Sandman- Enter Sandman
    Von Erich Family- Stranglehold by Ted Nugent

Edge: Metalingus - Alter Bridge is probably my favourite of the bunch, will still listen to this song pretty regularly. I personally really liked Kane's Slow Chemical theme by Finger Eleven, but not sure if that is one of theirs or if it's similar to the HHH deal?

The Brain
    The only correct answer for Hogan is Eye of the Tiger. I know people love Real American, but I have literally never liked Hogan than when people were exploding for him with that song belting through the arena.

Squared
    It's like The Champion Sound all over again....

@lopprimetime

The Brain
    I will never stop arguing that we made the wrong choice for Hogan!

I still believe thAt Voodoo Child was a perfect fit for Hollywood Hogan. Every time that opening riff came on you knew exactly what was coming.

The song is a great song, and it was a clacks song with Hogan as well.

Squared
    If people are interested in this topic, they might want to check out the series, 'The Champion Sound' in the CF History subforum. It's now being compiled into a single thread, and all the broken links have been fixed so the images work.

@lopprimetime

Quote Originally Posted by mizfan View Post
    The only correct answer for Hogan is Eye of the Tiger. I know people love Real American, but I have literally never liked Hogan than when people were exploding for him with that song belting through the arena.
    I agree with this, 100%

The Brain
    You're a damn good man, Leonheart.

This fire burns- Killswitch Engage for CM Punk.

Still a song I listen to regularly.

Ric Flair

/Thread

As much as Real American is Hogan, Flair without his theme never worked in his first WWF run.

Hogan moved on just fine after EotT and RA.

Squared
    I'm on the other side of the fence on both there. Didn't mind the Flair WWF version at all, and hated him in his WWF run so clearly it worked fine for me.... he was totally public enemy number one for the whole year he was there.

@lopprimetime

Forgot a few:

Balls Mahoney - I’ve Got Big Balls - AC/DC
    the Undertaker - Rollin and American Badass By Limp Bizkit and Kid Rock respectively.

Also how could we have forgotten The Wyatt Family using Broken Out of Love by Mark Crozer? It was so perfect that I believe that the WWE bought the song outright from Crozer
    Last edited by Powder; 02-15-2018 at 12:59 PM.

The Greatest of All Time LWO4Life's Avatar
    I love this thread. A few things:

Can we agree that Scott Hall using Fugees Ready or Not in ECW was the WORST pairing of real music and wrestling entrance ever?

I agree with Mizfan that Eye of the Tiger was perfect for the Hulk Hogan character. Hollywood Hogan and Hulk Hogan to me are different characters, and Voodoo Child was great for just how big headed Hollywood Hogan got. But Eye of the Tiger is perfect for "American Made" red, white and blue wearing Hulk Hogan. I always thought about if they ever made another game like Legends of Wrestling again, only an actually good game, what would each wrestlers' non-WWE licensed theme be. Like you'd have to do the two Hogans.

One theme that is very underrated is Ricky Steamboat and his use of Sirius in his first WWF run. Now we think of it as the Chicago Bulls theme, but Steamboat had it 10 years earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by LWO4Life View Post

One theme that is very underrated is Ricky Steamboat and his use of Sirius in his first WWF run. Now we think of it as the Chicago Bulls theme, but Steamboat had it 10 years earlier.
    A: Legit love that song
    B: I remember renting a VHS back in the late 90s of WM IV (had never seen it) and he had that and another one was on that show I will make mention to in a minute. But, it fit Steamer so well. I was stunned to know he used it.

Speaking of WM IV, Don Muraco had a new "manager" that show and he used his music. Jesus Christ Superstar for Superstar Billy Graham was a great fit as well. Totally egotistical for a wrestler to use that and form everything I've seen from Graham (in and outside wrestling) he was one of the most egotistical ever. .