Thread: NXT SPOILER Discussion Thread

NXT SPOILER Discussion Thread

Wanna discuss the NXT stuff that hasn't aired yet? This is the place.

Stating the obvious here, but beware of HUGE SPOILERS AHEAD.

Now you can't say you weren't warned.

So what does everything think of the Gargano thing? Does he come to the main roster? Perhaps find some back door back into NXT via the Ciampa feud, similar to how Macho Man was allowed to come out of retirement to beat the shit out of Flair?

Or, what I think is quite possible, will he debut on 205 Live and become that show's anchor, bringing with him a red hot title feud against Ciampa, who of course will follow him? I remember when 205 Live was about to debut and both Gargano and Ciampa were listed as names that would be on the roster, only for them to never show up. I think it may be time. I also think that they're banking on Gargano to The Guy that hooks people into watching 205 and keeping them there. That'll be especially so if the Ciampa feud happens on that show as opposed to on NXT, as everyone is dying to see those two tie up, regardless of where it happens.

I was looking for this just the other day. Don't tend to pick up on the spoilers but someone text me and said this was happening.

It'll be a shame to see him out of NXT, especially as he has (in my opinion) really just gained serious traction and could be the top face there for the rest of the year. 205Live seems like a comfortable place to put him, but will he be in this tournament or not? And as for Ciampa - guy seemed to still have a significant limp. I'm kind of assuming he's not (yet) fit for in ring competition.

Two other things that have jumped out at me from the spoilers:

- No EC3. Is this Trips being a bit classy and not actively using him until after his Impact tapings have finished airing?

- No Lars Sullivan. There were rumours he was set to be in the title match at Takeover: New Orleans not so long ago, but he's completely absent from either set of tapings despite the push he was receiving. Keeping him quiet so he can have an impact in the future when we've all let him slip our minds, or something else going on?

If they're moving Gargano-Ciampa up to the main roster or 205 Live then they're even dumber then I usually think they are. We have seen, countless times, that while certain guys and gals are popular with fans of our ilk down in NXT, that popularity doesn't always translate once they come up to the main roster. The Gargano-Ciampa is a big deal to us yes; is it going to be a big deal to the regular WWE audience that doesn't know who these guys are? No. Is it going to be a big deal to the 205 Live audience who doesn't make a sound for even some of the most amazing things? Probably not. So to recap, not only would you be moving the hottest feud in the company away from the area that has made it the hottest feud in the company, but you'd be moving it in front of an audience that isn't familiar for it or doesn't care about it and to a creative team that, I'm sure certain people's protests aside, isn't nearly as good as the one booking this feud before. I have little doubt it will cool this feud off, which is why hopefully Gargano is just being written off briefly to set up him vs. Ciampa in a big match at Takeover: New Orleans. That match makes the most sense there, not the pre-show for Mania, which is where I'd bank on it ending up if both are indeed moved up.

Seems obvious to me it’s just part of the story to set up Ciampa-Gargano at the SummerSlam Takeover (unless there’s one before it because doesn’t look like Ciampa will be ready Wrestlemania weekend.