Thread: Elimination Chamber 2018

Squared

Elimination Chamber 2018

A thread to discuss the upcoming Elimination Chamber event, on February 25th.

One notable thing about it is it's going to be the site of another famous first for the women.

@lopprimetime

The women should main event the show. Its painfully obvious that Reigns is winning the title shot, so end it with the girls in the chamber match where there is some doubt that Bliss will retain.

All i got for now.

I'm hoping it will main event. The first ever women's Hell in a cell did. As did the first ever women's royal rumble.

I'll continue to believe the only reason the women closed the Rumble was cause Rousey was there. If there was no Rousey they would have closed with the men and Naka winning. They'll close with the guys for EC regardless if Reigns is still going to win.

Squared
    To be fair, he didn't say they would, he said they should. And it's not a bad point at all. Not only do you continue to promote the women as a big deal but you finish the show with something people will be less inclined to shit on.

@lopprimetime

its also possible, but not likely that Ronda shows up at the end of the Chamber show so you can use that as an excuse. I just don't think a match to fight Brock, not even a title match has much drama to it. The women may not have a better match but its damn sure more important from a kayfabe and non kayfabe stand point. Especially when you're going to main event Reigns/Brock two a month later anyway at Mania

Thinking Balor will win next week so the likely Chamber Matches will be:

Bliss vs. Banks vs. Bayley vs. Mickie James vs. Sonya Deville vs. Mandy Rose

Reigns vs. Balor vs. Strowman vs. Miz vs. Elias vs. Cena
    Last edited by Lazyking; 02-06-2018 at 12:23 AM.

Given that they've already announced Asuka as facing the Raw champion at WrestleMania - intentionally or otherwise - dependent on her winning against Nia, I'd assume we wouldn't see Rousey and she's going to be working on Smackdown.

Personally I hope they swerve it and don't give us a Roman win, but out of the guys in the chamber it seems like he's the top choice. Elias and Cena are tied up in their own thing right now, Miz and Strowman kind of have unfinished business, so that leaves Balor and Reigns. Much as Balor vs Lesnar is interesting, I don't see them changing direction to Finn winning the chamber.

^^ Agreed. At this point Balor would be lucky if he even gets on the mania main card, unfortunately.

Squared
    It would mean that all that stuff about Vince not fancing Balor vs Lesnar a few months ago had been disinformation to throw us off the scent, wouldn't it?

@lopprimetime

It would I guess but I also think that Reigns is booked so strong, you have no place for him but the top title. Especially with the injuries.. so then it comes down to who the bigger star is, and for WWE, that's Reigns >Balor.. Personally i'm not a big Balor fan and actually think a Roman/Brock match would be more appealing out of those options.