Thread: Black Mirror

Squared

Black Mirror

I saw on IMDB that this was pretty much the most popular, or at least highest rated by people who like to click thumbs up or 10 or whatever, show in the world right now. So I thought we should have a thread for it.

Who watches this? Any particular favourites?

I have watched the three past seasons and episode 1 of season 4. It is an incredible series.

The "seasons" are not true seasons, each episode is completely independent of every other episode and can be watched in any order. The premise is that in each episode we get a stand alone story where some sort of technology is incorporated. Some episodes are set in the present, but most are set in a very near and possible future.

Almost every episode has a very familiar to famous actor(s) in it.

Fantastic ideas set within a 50-90 one shot episode.

Love Black Mirror. I have one episode left in this season, but it's got some great stuff in all of them. White Bear is fantastic from an earlier season. San Junipero is one of my personal favorites. This season's USS Callister is really good, and Arkangel is terrifying if you're a parent (also directed by Jodie Foster).

Just some great ideas and execution. There are some clunkers though. Crocodile from this season is one of my least favorite episodes ever in the whole series. It's got a British background, surprised you're not familiar with it.

Squared
    I am familiar with it - it was big here before it was on Netflix. The first episode made national news here, both when it was first on and then a few years later when there was a story in some of the tabloids that while at University, the Prime Minister allegedly had fucked a pig. Or at least put his cock in a dead pig's mouth.

But I haven't followed it as closely as some people and thought I'd step out and let others who are really into it take the lead.

Yeah it's fantastic. Today's version of "Twilight Zone" in a way. Always excited to see new episodes

All of season three was fantastic.

I've just been picking and choosing which ones to watch. I think the pig sex one is probably a poor choice to begin with if you are starting fresh and have never watched the show before (even though it's the first episode the series).

White Christmas is probably my favorite one. I also enjoyed USS Callister, 15 Million Merits, White Bear, and Be Right Back. I haven't seen them all yet though.

Samuel Plan
    I don't do Black Mirror very much. I'm too in love with The Twilight Zone and The Outer Limits from the 50s and 60s to consider it much more than an inferior retread to be quite honest. I'm not a big fan of Charlie Brooker, mind, so that might play a big part. Not to mention Inside No 9 is an incredible anthology series in its own right, and much more up my street!

Having said that, I did check out USS Callister because the premise caught my eye, and I must say I loved it. I thought it was really quite disturbing on a lot of levels, but with a punch the air ending these series' tend to avoid in the main. The acting was phenomenal in it too. It felt like quite cinematic in its production values too. Great stuff.
    101 WWE Matches To See Before You Die: The Book is now available to buy on Amazon UK, Amazon US and Amazon Europe! Just search for "101 WWE Matches" and it'll pop up!

~ Samuel Plan

Jimmi Simpson said he’s heard talks it could become its own spinoff series. We shall see.

The way the episode ended, it totally could be.