Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ϹЅІ: 2018

ϹЅІ: 2018

Beautiful people of the Columns Forum. And 'Plan.

It is time once again for the spectre of CSI to rise from the depths, the corpse be dragged upon a nearby beach and reanimated courtesy of my flawless CPR abilities.

But it is not just I that will lead this Baywatch-esque team of lifesavers, oh no. Along for the ride and judging everyone against a scale of whatever fits their whim that particular day is a man with nearly as much experience in competitions as I have, CFC runner-up Skulduggery. A man who needs no introduction, largely because nobody knows who he is to actually provide one, anonymous. And my Best Friend in the Whole World 'Bear.

For those of you who don't know what shape CSI takes, it's a writing competition. The assembled judges will put together a list of stipulations and topics for you to select from, courtesy of picking a number between 1 and 40. There will be a series of head-to-head bouts across the tournament, initially in groups of four, from which the winners will emerge to do battle to be crowned CSI winner 2018, and be lifted upon the shoulders of all those who they have defeated on their way to victory.

Simple, right?

For the time being, let's just get an indication of interest from those who want to compete. We'll aim to kick this thing off with a seeding round in a week's time (January 15th) with all those who want to take part writing a column. We're aiming for 16 guys, to break down into groups of four. Any more than that and the seeding will weed out those who stay and those who go. Any less than that and everyone gets to stay, the seeding round will just determine what pot of balls you go into for the grouping.

And if anybody wants a flavour of just what CSI is all about, your friend and mine Mazza has put a couple of overviews in the CF History for 2009 and 2010.

So, there remains one question to be answered:

You in?

Last edited by Oliver; 01-14-2018 at 05:50 PM.

I'm in.

However you've blown my idea of asking to bring back the CF Grand Prix later in the year once I've proven I'm sticking around. That is where the pick a number concept came from, CSI was just Sheepster fucking with us.

Sure, bound to win one of these eventually

Might as well, i'm not gonna win but I might get somewhere.

Let's do it.

Kenny Omega v Chris Jericho: Judas In My Mind

Follow me on Twitter - Sir_Samuel

How many columns per group/round? All depends on commitment. Zzzorf Grand Prix is clear, this one I look through the links, no official rules.
    And Jacob wrestled with God.

Sure. I love being told what to do and tortured as I try to accomplish it. I'm in!!

Well. I feel slighted that my tournament has been usurped from me, and disheartened that I won't get to torture these poor souls myself.

All I'll say is... you come at the king, you best not miss.

I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by JacobWrestledGod View Post
    How many columns per group/round? All depends on commitment. Zzzorf Grand Prix is clear, this one I look through the links, no official rules.
    Seeding: 1 column
    Group of four: 3 head-to-head columns

Then if you get through:

Semi: 1 head-to-head column
    Final: 1 head-to-head column

Five days to write each one.

I'm probably going to regret this, as losing previous competitions has actually fucked me up a bit. However...

I think I'm in.

This is shaping up to be epic

Can I be dick head judge?

Quote Originally Posted by 'Bear View Post
    This is shaping up to be epic

why would you change who you are just because you got made a judge, of course you'll be a dick head judge.

Oh Fuck. I just called 'Bear a dick head. At best I might lose some points of my score, at worst a mauling. I better delete that comment.

I tend to fulfill that role although I love the idea of every judge just being dicks. I prefer the term "honest" mind but if everyone calls a spade a spade without sugar coating it it'll be great.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepster View Post
    Well. I feel slighted that my tournament has been usurped from me, and disheartened that I won't get to torture these poor souls myself.

All I'll say is... you come at the king, you best not miss.

I'm in.
    God damn that is chilling

Kenny Omega v Chris Jericho: Judas In My Mind

Follow me on Twitter - Sir_Samuel

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
    I tend to fulfill that role although I love the idea of every judge just being dicks. I prefer the term "honest" mind but if everyone calls a spade a spade without sugar coating it it'll be great.

Tag Team Dick Head Champions

I
    M in
    And Jacob wrestled with God.

Tag Team Dick Head Champions
    Well last time I was judging it got a bit awkward as my score would pretty much knock someone out. If more than one person is scoring lower then it works better.

To be fair, last time Bear was a judge for this thing, he was judging with me and Monkey, which automatically made him the dick head judge.

CSI 2012... good times...

Quote Originally Posted by sheepster View Post
    CSI 2012, the best I had done in a tournament until I got sprung with a new opponent which saw me eliminated and then nearly got back in the next round until you played the con game to try to get 'Plan eliminated with Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by sheepster
    Loved that tournament. The first meeting between my old tournament nemesis, Oliver, and myself. Now, in this tourney, we're both on the side of the authority! Couple of corporate sellouts, I guess...

My favorite round was when 'Plan and Prime Time had to compare WWE to a Disney movie without using any names of wrestlers. They both produced pretty golden stuff.

Loving the interest so far, guys. Going to be a wild and brilliant tournament.

That doesn’t feel like it was 2012... wow

Squared
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulduggery View Post
    My favorite round was when 'Plan and Prime Time had to compare WWE to a Disney movie without using any names of wrestlers. They both produced pretty golden stuff.
    I remember those columns. I levelled it up at 1-1 with that one, if I remember right. To be honest when I read them both I felt sure 'Plan had wrapped the whole thing up and I was a bit aggrieved because I felt I'd edged the one I lost. But yeah, thought with that first one going against me I had no chance on the second, and didn't expect to take it to a third column. Then I won it, and decided I wasn't going to try and predict it anymore because I was clearly rubbish at it.

Samuel Plan
    Are you playing?

'Plan vs Prime again, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulduggery View Post
    Loved that tournament. The first meeting between my old tournament nemesis, Oliver, and myself. Now, in this tourney, we're both on the side of the authority! Couple of corporate sellouts, I guess...
    I can't believe that was 2012. Seems like ages ago.

Squared
    Y'know for the first time you have asked I am actually tempted. But the timing isn't going to work for me, I am afraid.

Samuel Plan
    Thought you might say that.

In which case, I'm going to contemplate whether I throw my hat in or not. How long do I have to decide Oli? Till the 15th, or before?
    101 WWE Matches To See Before You Die: The Book is now available to buy on Amazon UK, Amazon US and Amazon Europe! Just search for "101 WWE Matches" and it'll pop up!

~ Samuel Plan

Squared
    Yeah. Funny thing is that 4/5 weeks later, and I would probably have been able to do it. Just January and maybe early February, I have some projects coming to an end and they're going to need most of my attention.

Samuel Plan
    So this one is all Oli's fault?!

Just to make it weirder, 4/5 weeks later would've been even better for me too, as it's other commitments that has me torn right now! Bizarre, that.
    101 WWE Matches To See Before You Die: The Book is now available to buy on Amazon UK, Amazon US and Amazon Europe! Just search for "101 WWE Matches" and it'll pop up!

~ Samuel Plan

Plan, don’t be afraid to admit you’re too scared to have me judging your work and getting a real score. I understand completely.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Plan View Post
    Thought you might say that.

In which case, I'm going to contemplate whether I throw my hat in or not. How long do I have to decide Oli? Till the 15th, or before?
    Honestly, I'm happy for people to throw their hat into the ring just by popping up a column during the seeding round, so you have up to the 20th (if my dates are right) to write something according to the seeding round stipulation and post it.

This is more of a forewarning/getting interesting thread. So feel free to contemplate your inevitable defeat for a while longer.

Samuel Plan
    Ah, to hell with it.

Ten years here and I've never won a tournie. Time to tick it off the LOP bucket list.

The Markitect is in, and I'm going to burn this thing to the ground!

Your run will be as short lived as a Seth Rollins entrance theme.

Count me in s'il vous plait
    Follow me on Twitter and Facebook @rickyandclive, or listen to "The Ricky & Clive Wrestling Show", part of the Social Suplex Podcast Network

Quote Originally Posted by 'Plan View Post
    Ah, to hell with it.

Ten years here and I've never won a tournie. Time to tick it off the LOP bucket list.

The Markitect is in, and I'm going to burn this thing to the ground!
    Then you'll have to go through me. Let's dance, motherfuckers.

Samuel Plan
    Be happy to.

...if you show up.

#SharperIron

Squared
    Shit just got real.

Technically you were part of the winning US vs UK team that one time, 'Plan. Just no solo wins.

Samuel Plan
    That's true! But I want my solo win. And if I can't beat you for it at least I might be able to beat Shinobi for it.

Prime, did 'Plan ever tell you about the time 'Plan got left out of the UK team? Fun times.