Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: ϹЅІ: 2018

Quote Originally Posted by The Doc View Post
    I'm trying to decide if my lack of excitement for wrestling right now would prevent me from giving this an honest go or if giving this an honest go would jack up my level of excitement for wrestling
    I want to see a grizzled Doc come down to the CF tournament like Logan in the movie last year just full of rage and cynicism.

Late As Usual

Follow me on Twitter - Sir_Samuel

I'm trying to decide if my lack of excitement for wrestling right now would prevent me from giving this an honest go...
    Its not stopping me.

I think being disillusioned by the current WWE is the basis of so many excellent columns. It's the agreeable type of columns that lack fire.
    And Jacob wrestled with God.

Leaf - It doesn't matter how many more we get now, as the first seeding round will also whittle us down to 16 writers.

I'm trying to decide if my lack of excitement for wrestling right now would prevent me from giving this an honest go or if giving this an honest go would jack up my level of excitement for wrestling
    As I said to Plan, its okay for you main pagers to admit youre scared and dont want to enter. Just be honest with us.

Not stopping me, either.

The Brain
    Fucking El Dandy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Samuel Plan
    Am I the only one frightened that mizfan is going to have a heart attack if anyone else un-retires?
    101 WWE Matches To See Before You Die: The Book is now available to buy on Amazon UK, Amazon US and Amazon Europe! Just search for "101 WWE Matches" and it'll pop up!

~ Samuel Plan

I understand his feelings. I'd have a heart attack myself if someone like, say, Winter un-retired, just to take part in this.

Samuel Plan
    See, going on precedent alone, any time you say anything related to the CSI it automatically becomes suspicious! I'm now sat here expecting Winter to pop out of a bush or something.
    101 WWE Matches To See Before You Die: The Book is now available to buy on Amazon UK, Amazon US and Amazon Europe! Just search for "101 WWE Matches" and it'll pop up!

~ Samuel Plan

Quote Originally Posted by 'Plan View Post
    Am I the only one frightened that mizfan is going to have a heart attack if anyone else un-retires?
    I’m flattered considering I’m not even his favourite. Anyone seen Shane recently?

On a side note, I’d pop a gasket if BC came back, but I’m not sure how well he’d fit these days. It’s a much friendlier place now.

Shane O was active around here during the spring and summer months. I remember him doing a Roode series back in August but nothing beyond that.

Fuck it. Ive never done one of these and I write words good sometimes. Sign me up.

(EDIT) Good People! I missed my trashtalk spot! Please, I pray you, hear it now. It is going to be magnificent, nay Glorious, NAY stupendificant to wipe the smiles off of your faces. You tell them I'm coming. You tell them I'm bringing all of hell with me! Because Ducks Fly Together!!!! EVERY OTHER MOVIE MOTIVATIONAL SPEECH ABOUT THE ASS KICKERY I'M ABOUT TO COMMENCE!!! ��
    Last edited by TheLAW; 01-14-2018 at 04:15 AM.

It’s time like this where being a judge makes me sad, because I can’t partake.

However I’m in for some tough decisions...

Oh yeah, we’ll have a Bears Bookies before we kick off

Quote Originally Posted by 'Bear View Post
    It’s time like this where being a judge makes me sad, because I can’t partake.

However I’m in for some tough decisions...

Oh yeah, we’ll have a Bears Bookies before we kick off
    Damn you, I just went to the whole trouble of doing a column up and at the end stating Bear's Bookies wouldn't have odds out yet you are here saying there will be one. Makes me look like a liar.

Haha... I don’t have odds yet, so it’s true

Samuel Plan
    Can you please be sure to also call Mav my protege and junior? He LOVES that stuff.

'Plan just posted this:

Tweet.jpg

I thought it bared repeating here just to point out how crazy this line up is. Just qualifying is going to be a big effort, no warm up rounds or gimmies here.

Late As Usual

Follow me on Twitter - Sir_Samuel

Samuel Plan
    I think I did the maths right. Not counting Doc but including Trips?

You know what would really impress me? If 75% of those names actually show up for the qualifying round.
    Last edited by SkitZ; 01-14-2018 at 07:59 AM.

Samuel Plan
    Lol. Well, quite!

Though better for our chances if they don't...

Zzzorf column on the contest is awesomeeee
    And Jacob wrestled with God.

Plan didnt mention the super sexy judging panel. Good promoting though. Its going to be a great tourney.

Samuel Plan
    My bad. I should definitely have mentioned the super, super sexy judging panel.

Out of interest, what the the judges be scoring out of? 5? 10? 100? A shoe?

'Plan, if I may direct you to the opening post:

judging everyone against a scale of whatever fits their whim that particular day
    (Realistically I'll be asking for somewhat normalised scores from us all, so they are all at least our of the same total, even if Skul wants to rate people using maple leaves)

Hoping to get the seeding round up early tonight, with the obligatory topic and stipulations, so this can be for more general discussion as we role on. Of course, it's CSI - anything that can happen probably will happen.

And also, as previously stated, people don't need to declare themselves here to enter and can just post a column if they feel like it.

Samuel Plan
    I had assumed that was tongue in cheek. But this is CSI. I should have known better, to my shame.

The Brain
    Quote Originally Posted by eldandy View Post
    I’m flattered considering I’m not even his favourite.
    You're pretty close!! It'd be a miracle if Shane got involved with this, but I really might have a heart attack if he did.

Question! I just posted a column earlier today (you can read and feed it here if ya want.http://http://www.lordsofpain.tv/sho...-of-The-OutLAW)

I've started working on my qualifier. Do I need to worry about the three day rule here? Or am I posting it somewhere else? #firsttimecompissues

the three day rule doesn't apply to competition pieces which get posted in the Competition sub-section this thread is in

Quote Originally Posted by 'Plan View Post
    My bad. I should definitely have mentioned the super, super sexy judging panel.

Out of interest, what the the judges be scoring out of? 5? 10? 100? A shoe?
    Can’t speak for the others but I’ll be scoring based on a very complicated system. It’s pretty much whoever I like get loads of points, and everyone else i’ll be going to the dog racing, allocating everyone a dog, and the order in which the dogs finish determines their points.

I’m openly accepting bribes and compliments

Also, that rule was altered in the Rules damn near 2 years ago.

I have not exactly been active in the last two years steve. Thanks for the info zzzorf!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Also, that rule was altered in the Rules damn near 2 years ago.
    Wow, didn't know that one myself.

Hello! First post, I registered so I could be a part of this tournament! Am I too late?

Samuel Plan
    Not at all mate. You just need to post before the stated deadline in the Seeding thread.

Yep, absolutely Jay, you just need to post your column based on the topic and meeting the stipulations (see the pinned thread) by the deadline. Always good to have new blood!

726 words... Excuse me for pointing out the obvious but I can't believe Rich hasn't jumped all over this.

Squared
    As someone who has judged a few things around here, I've always been very grateful for the low word limits in the early rounds. Allows you to still have something of a life.

I'm IN!

Long term lurker, 1st time columnist has decided to try this writing lark. Take that all you experienced writers, I'm here to wipe the floor with you!