Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ϹЅІ: 2018

Squared
    I like that the third possibility still exists - where you don't get drawn against Shinobi and you don't get the match with me, but you can still pester me about it!

I don't see it as being caught in the middle. Honestly, I just see it as an expression of how much confidence I have in his ability to get the job done.

This already has better long-term storytelling than most Raw episodes.

Samuel Plan
    Hah! You've picked up on my hope!

There's so many incredible writers in this thing that there's zero guarantees. And after losing the first ever GP in catastrophic fashion despite having been on the form of my life through the rest of the tourney I know what underestimating your competition gets you. Not making the same mistake again. But it does mean the third option is probably the likeliest!

I think we've hogged this thread long enough now though!

Man I can't begin to describe how bad I want 'Plan to lose in the final to Shinobi! That will eat at him so bad, Prime!

Squared
    Really? The thought hadn't occurred to me.

Ive still never lost a tournament match Ive written a column for. Just saying.

Also, I really hope a newbee destroys you all.

Squared
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
    I really hope a newbee destroys you all.
    This works just as well for me.

I can't think of the last tournament I was involved in. Probably the last CSI. I don't think I've actually written a column in about 8 years now.

I can't remember the last tournament you were involved in that I didn't end up finishing for you.

Squared
    I don't knew when the last one was, but I know it was before the most recent board reset.

Samuel Plan
    Was it the tag tourney we first teamed together for, sheepster?

Just a Little Business Under the Fleece!

I'm in.

What's with all these rookies with only 1 or 2 posts to their name? Good to get some fresh blood in I guess.

Hit me up if you need a hand with formatting Dano or Mavsman it can be tough down here for newbies.
    Last edited by SirSam; 01-11-2018 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirSam View Post
    What's with all these rookies with only 1 or 2 posts to their name? Good to get some fresh blood in I guess.

Hit me up if you need a hand with formatting Dano or Mavsman it can be tough down here for newbies.
    Sam don't mean to be rude, but go have a look at things like the COTM history thread and the EOYA history thread and you may rewrite your post here.

As to competitions bringing out rookies, it ain't a competition if a few rookies don't sign up, some of our best writers come from debuting in competitions. Leaf is one that comes to mind, debuted in a competition, I think The Voice, won and went straight to the MP and been there since I believe.

Last edited by Mavsman; 01-12-2018 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Fuck you Photobucket

I just remembered that (I just had to go check Mazza's recap thread, as I wasn't around at that time) and was just about to edit my post to add it in.

I may have to drop from this. Just got some work news today thats going to require some focus. Company moving 2200 employees to another company, me included. A little stressed so I don't think I could focus on this

Quote Originally Posted by zzzorf View Post
    Sam don't mean to be rude, but go have a look at things like the COTM history thread and the EOYA history thread and you may rewrite your post here.

As to competitions bringing out rookies, it ain't a competition if a few rookies don't sign up, some of our best writers come from debuting in competitions. Leaf is one that comes to mind, debuted in a competition, I think The Voice, won and went straight to the MP and been there since I believe.
    Can't a man talk some smack without the truth getting in the way? I just want to put a line in the sand for some of our returning legends. Mavsman could not have had a more fitting reply.

Seriously though this competition is going to make for some damn good reading, so many good writers.
    Last edited by SirSam; 01-11-2018 at 08:50 PM.

Guys we have our first retreat! Mr TripleR
    And Jacob wrestled with God.

Quote Originally Posted by JacobWrestledGod View Post
    Guys we have our first retreat! Mr TripleR
    Not easily, but yeah I'm more than likely out. Life kicked me in the gut.

Yeah, shame to hear that Rob. Corporate bs like that is never fun. Hope it all goes as smoothly as possible.

The Brain
    Hooooooooly shit Mavsman!!!

Can I try?

Samuel Plan
    Christ almighty.

This gets better and better!

Welcome back, dandy!

Oli, can we have another rundown of who's expected to compete in this thing?! The roll call is immense.

Actually, I'll not be lazy...

1. zzzorf
    2. TripleR
    3. mizfan
    4. kingzak13
    5. SirSam
    6. Spinmaster
    7. Sheepster
    8. Steve
    9. JacobWrestledGod
    10. 'Plan
    11. 205 Clive
    12. Shinobi
    13. TheImplications
    14. Dannokaboom
    15. SkitZ
    16. Maverick
    17. Mavsman
    18. eldandy

I think that's everyone. Sorry if I missed anyone. But what a line up. Talent from practically ever era of the Forum I think?
    Last edited by 'Plan; 01-12-2018 at 02:37 PM.
    101 WWE Matches To See Before You Die: The Book is now available to buy on Amazon UK, Amazon US and Amazon Europe! Just search for "101 WWE Matches" and it'll pop up!

~ Samuel Plan

Thanks 'Plan, I was just thinking I'll need to do that. Great turn out guys, and full of quality!

Squared
    That is an insane lineup. Suddenly I am glad that I am too busy to take part, he said like a coward.

Wait a second. Am I, after Steve, the columnist in this contest that started the earliest???

Christ. I've been here for 14 years.

I'm approaching 12 years (on and off of course). It's best not to think about it...

I feel like this has evovled into some kind of LOP Dream Tourney, obviously there are tons of people missing but damn this is a strong lineup, winner is going to have to go through some fire to get there.

Damn! This has to be the most stacked tournie I have been part of, hell I haven't even run one this stacked. Looking at the names I have to be one of the longest shots to win, normally I could say maybe halfway in the pack but damn, most of those names I would be lucky to beat.

All the same, losing to eldandy 1on1 would be an honour.

Edit: Actually would love to see some odds on this, anyone with the time and know how want to put some odds up for a fake bet?
    Last edited by zzzorf; 01-12-2018 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zzzorf View Post
    Edit: Actually would love to see some odds on this, anyone with the time and know how want to put some odds up for a fake bet?
    That would be interesting, how do you balance some of the obvious legends who haven't written here in a while against the more active rookies?

Now if only subho my asian counterpart and Kleckamania who dominated 2015 throw their names in. I missed those fellows.
    And Jacob wrestled with God.

Quote Originally Posted by zzzorf
    Damn! This has to be the most stacked tournie I have been part of, hell I haven't even run one this stacked. Looking at the names I have to be one of the longest shots to win, normally I could say maybe halfway in the pack but damn, most of those names I would be lucky to beat.

All the same, losing to eldandy 1on1 would be an honour.

Quote Originally Posted by SirSam
    That would be interesting, how do you balance some of the obvious legends who haven't written here in a while against the more active rookies?

Samuel Plan
    If any of you newer lads do slay some giants you'll have made a hell of a well earned name for yourself in short order!

Conversely, the old-timers can claim writing rust as being the reason for a poor showing so everybody wins, right?

Right?

19 would make it an awkward number, would it not? Otherwise, you know where Im going with this... 😉

I am out unfortunately as I previously mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by JacobWrestledGod View Post
    Now if only subho my asian counterpart and Kleckamania who dominated 2015 throw their names in. I missed those fellows.

I think Kleck jumping in is a definite possibility.

I'm in pain just thinking about the amount of competition here. Honestly if I even compete against some of these writers I'll be happy with myself. That being said, I'm coming to shock the world and win as the ultimate underdog bottom seed.

The Doctor's Orders
    I'm trying to decide if my lack of excitement for wrestling right now would prevent me from giving this an honest go or if giving this an honest go would jack up my level of excitement for wrestling
    LOP Writer since 2004. Former Smackdown, ECW, Raw, and WWE PPV Reviewer. Current LOP Columnist since 2010. LOP Columns Hall of Famer. Host of "The Doc Says..." on LOP Radio.

The Doc's first book: "The Wrestlemania Era: The Book of Sports Entertainment" - now in its third edition - is on sale now. Click here