Thread: Any Brandon Sanderson fans on here?

Any Brandon Sanderson fans on here?

As above.

He's an epic fantasy author who's gained some traction recently with some different sagas that take place on different worlds, but is all part of the same Cosmere.

Easily my favourite fantasy author by a long stretch.

Squared
    I haven't read any, but thanks for the recommendation. I have access to a few in my local library. I think the oldest one is The Hero of Ages. Worth a look?
    "Eat my ass, Mooney"

Think that's the 3rd in the Mistborn series (which is amazing). Here's a rundown of his books. The Mistborn Series ams The Stormlight Archive are the 2 biggies.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bran...n_bibliography

Read all of the Mistborn books and i really enjoyed them. The magic system in them is honestly amazing and works great. Looking to get into more of his stuff.

Really enjoed the Wax & Wayne series tho. Thought it was a lot better then the first. Cant wait to get my hands on the 4th book in the series when it comes out.
    Last edited by Ageless Stranger; 01-21-2018 at 01:46 PM.

I thought the Mistborn trilogy was astounding. The final third of the third book. I'm sure you know what I mean. Just ridiculously good.

I do like Wax and Wayne but I think I should have left a break between those and the original trilogy. Due to how climactic that ended, taking things down a notch felt a bit dull.

But you owe it to yourself to give the Stormlight Archive books a try. Quite the epics.

I try my best to wait until a series is finished before jumping in. Been bit in the ass too many times sitting around waiting for a story to end. I'm sure i'll get to those and the rest of his books. I really dig his style of writing and how quickly he moves his stories.

That's fair enough about waiting for a series to end. I don't mind waiting. Plus I'm going to have to with this series is only 3 books out of 10 in!

Sanderson is a machine tho and not old as dirt. I imagine he'll be done with the Stormlight Archive in like 10 years

Oh I know. His pace doesnt worry me. Its just me forgetting more then anything. Dont think i ever seen someone work so much at such a high quality outside King maybe. I have even watched some of his classes that he posts on youtube and wonder how he has time to teach with all the writing he does.

Haha. He has so many projects on the go, some of them involving massive books. And all the classes. Think he has some sort of time manipulator or something!