Thread: NFL - The Playoffs

NFL - The Playoffs

Pats over Rams is my prediction for the big one.

Squared
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves by jumping to the big one. What is everyone's prediction for the wildcard round?

Chiefs vs Titans
    Rams vs Falcons
    Jaguars vs Bills
    Saints vs Panthers

Chiefs vs Titans - Chiefs win by two touchdowns. Titans are imo the worst team in the playoffs even though they beat the Jags twice. Chiefs hitting their stride again. I expect them to lose the divisonal round like always.

Rams vs Falcons - Rams by a TD. More consistent this year. If the Falcons get pass rush going finally, they will stay in it and could win.... but I expect Gurley to have big game.

Jaguars vs Bills - Jags by a FG. Expect an ugly game or a high scoring one where the Jags defense makes enough plays. Bills could win if Bortles is dogshit though.

Saints vs Panthers - Saints by 10 points. Saints at home with all the weapons will beat out a Panthers team that needs Cam to play all world to look pretty good...and that doesn't happen as often as people would think.

Chiefs
    Rams
    Bills
    Saints

Yeah, Chiefs, Rams, Jags and Saints all to win and cover the line.

I can't stand the Patriots but ESPN's latest try to take them down is laughable, especially when they are using the Brady screaming at McDaniels incident as the lead item of the story. Brady probably screams at him all the time, it's just this time the camera caught it. I do think there could be some issues with Brady's quack trainer but the entire situation is overblown.

Squared
    Titans clearly surprising a few people there. Falcons showing some more evidence they might be coming good at the right time.

Less shocking results in the other two wildcard games, to be fair.

Now find myself in the weird position of having to support the Titans in the divisional round. But in truth I sort of want the winners of the Saints and Vikings to win it all.

Squared
    I know it's the playoffs thread but this seems as good a place to share this as anywhere else. Games for the 2018 UK series have been announced.

Seattle Seahawks vs. Oakland Raiders, Tottenham stadium, Oct. 14.

Philadelphia Eagles vs. Jacksonville Jaguars, Wembley Stadium, Oct. 21 or 28.

Tennessee Titans vs. Los Angeles Chargers, Wembley Stadium, Oct. 21 or 28.

Squared
    Finally caught up with the last round. How crazy was that Titans - Chiefs game. Feel for them because I have a soft spot for Kansas City, but it was entertaining. Can't remember seeing anything like that Mariota touchdown before.

That Seahawks vs Raiders game should be great!

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
    I can't stand the Patriots but ESPN's latest try to take them down is laughable, especially when they are using the Brady screaming at McDaniels incident as the lead item of the story. Brady probably screams at him all the time, it's just this time the camera caught it. I do think there could be some issues with Brady's quack trainer but the entire situation is overblown.
    100% agreed.

ESPN knows people hate the Patriots. People will always hate mass success. See Yankees, whatever team Lebron is on, etc. Trump endorsing the Pats makes people (especially liberals) REALLY hate the Patriots. I bet ESPN had a meeting that went along the lines of "you guys need to find some dirt on Brady and/or Bellichik and make it look like it's not all roses over there".

Sports media can be just as bad as the main media like that. See Lavar Ball for a prime example.

If anyone thinks the Titians have a chance they should be committed.

Jax has a chance I think because defense rules now a days.

Falcons have a shot.

if there is a god the Vikings will not win a playoff game.

Bye bye, Steelers

Squared
    Not sure if this is great or terrible. On the plus side I am all in on the Jags, there's no decision to be made. But on the other... Don't really believe they can win and even if I had to hold my nose I'd have gone Steelers over Pats, and thinking is they might have had a better shot. So not sure if it's good or bad yet.

Vikings running things against the Saints. Based on previous comments guess I have to be Vikes for the whole thing if they see it out.

I'm freaking spent. Incredible game with an unbelievable ending. SKOL!

I would hate to be Marcus Williams right now.

Starts and ends with a terrible play call on the defensive side, followed by the over committing by Williams. As good of a throw as it may have been you call a spade a spade. That play succeeded thanks in part because of a great throw but the real reason it did had nothing to do with Diggs or Keenum. Don't really know what the Saints coaching staff were doing in that game. Some very terrible decisions.

They were trying to cover the sideline at the end and it worked for the most part but then Williams coming up was too far out and they had no one back to cover for him if he missed the tackle.

That goal line stop against Falcons was epic

Squared
    I know that there's no chance of it happening, not with Blake Bortles at QB, but if the Jags knock off the Pats then it'd be guaranteed that a franchise would claim their first superbowl in history. That'd be fun and is just another reason to hope for the most unlikely of upsets.

I wouldn't say its no chance. I think the Jags defense matches up even better with the Pats then they did with Steelers. Blake Bortles just has to not lose the game for the Jags..

Having said that, I think the Steelers were ill prepared for the first half and I highly doubt the Pats will make the same mistake.

Yeah, the Jags scare me more than the Steelers, personally.

But as LK said, we will be prepared. It's what we do so well. I'm glad the early line was -9.5. Gave the Jags some credit. Was worried it would be -14 again. I think we probably do cover it in the end but if they can get to Brady we can easily be beat.

The thing about the Steelers being ill prepared, it was like they had never seen the Jags run bootlegs and they left the flats wide open... You can't do that and make it easy for Bortles. I think the game with the Pats will be tight but Pats will win because they will force Bortles to make a play he simply doesn't make.

And Brady won't make the mistakes with the ball that Big ben did early on. He might get sacked a few times more but he won't force the ball.

I'm officially mildly concerned. The Jags are set up on defense to harangue Brady much like the Giants did in both Superbowls. If they rattle him early, I reckon they keep the score down quite easily. It'll be one of those games where Brady has to settle himself in the second half. It all turns on which Blake Bortles turns up.

The one thing that keeps me calm is that the Steelers just put 42pts on them.

fuck the vikings

Quote Originally Posted by sheepster View Post
    I'm officially mildly concerned. The Jags are set up on defense to harangue Brady much like the Giants did in both Superbowls. If they rattle him early, I reckon they keep the score down quite easily. It'll be one of those games where Brady has to settle himself in the second half. It all turns on which Blake Bortles turns up.

The one thing that keeps me calm is that the Steelers just put 42pts on them.
    Jags defense can be had, their run defense isn't that good but Pats don't have the WR's the steelers have so the corners should be able to shut them down. I don't see it being a shootout.. first to 20 likely wins and I see that being the Pats cause I can't see Bortles getting 20 on his own in that situation.

We do have a Gronk though. We don't often lose with a healthy Gronk. He's missed a couple of playoff years, so I often tend to forget that we have him at this time of year.

"we"

I knew you were a Trump fan.