Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mixed Match Challenge

Here are the brackets:

Finn/Sasha (Team Boss Demon) vs. Shinsuke/Natty (Team Hello Kitty)
    Miz/Asuka (Team of Mizmorrow) vs. Big E./Carmella (Team Booty and the Beast)
    Braun/Alexa (Team Green Giant & Sprout) vs. Sami/Becky (Team Ging & The Minge)
    Goldust/Alicia (Team Golden Fox) vs. Jimmy Uso/Naomi (Team Us-Glow)
    Elias/Bayley (Team Hugger & Slugger) vs. Rusev/Lana (Team Rusev Day!)
    Apollo/Nia (Team Jax Worldwide) vs. Roode/Charlotte (Team Robe-Tastic)

Apparently it's only one match a week, with this going 12 weeks in total. So 205 Live will probably air right after it on the Network

OK, firstly, Team Fabulous Booty is right there.

Secondly, so is Team Glorious Flair.

Thirdly, why are they referring to Becky Lynch's minge in their team name?

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    OK, firstly, Team Fabulous Booty is right there.

Secondly, so is Team Glorious Flair.

Thirdly, why are they referring to Becky Lynch's minge in their team name?
    LOL, those are MY names, not theirs

Quote Originally Posted by TripleR View Post
    Here are the brackets:

Finn/Sasha (Team Boss Demon) vs. Shinsuke/Natty (Team Hello Kitty)
    Miz/Asuka (Team of Mizmorrow) vs. Big E./Carmella (Team Booty and the Beast)
    Braun/Alexa (Team Green Giant & Sprout) vs. Sami/Becky (Team Ging & The Minge)
    Goldust/Alicia (Team Golden Fox) vs. Jimmy Uso/Naomi (Team Us-Glow)
    Elias/Bayley (Team Hugger & Slugger) vs. Rusev/Lana (Team Rusev Day!)
    Apollo/Nia (Team Jax Worldwide) vs. Roode/Charlotte (Team Robe-Tastic)

Apparently it's only one match a week, with this going 12 weeks in total. So 205 Live will probably air right after it on the Network
    its only a 20 min length format is what i read originally so that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleR View Post
    LOL, those are MY names, not theirs
    Well that makes a bit more sense! I was more than a little confused when they had a minge in there, especially after the Submission Sorority farago a couple of years back.

Is anyone even remotely interested in this? We don't get it here live so that in of itself makes me care less. But I find the whole premise of the winners win 100k for their charity a bit silly coming from a company who scripts the outcome. So they're basically picking who they want to win primarily and then a charity gets 100k because of a scripted winner. Why that charity over others is what I'm thinking.

I'm thinking the charities involved must get some money, if not a 100K...

You would think so wouldn't you? That's what I was thinking. Cause really they're picking the male and diva they want to win first and foremost. The charity is an afterthought. And as it's scripted it just comes across like what makes that charity more important and what about all the others. I don't know. Just something about a charity getting 100k from a scripted outcome and other charities, to the best of our knowledge, getting nothing just rubs me the wrong way.

I am, and have got the video lined up to watch. I'm interested in the matches more than the entire concept of it and the charity process. Balor/Sasha vs Nakamura/Natalya should be quite fun, I think, especially with the two ex-NJPW guys facing up to each other.

Sasha and Nattie were actually more fun than Finn and Nak for me.. its like they had a feeling out process and only had one good sequence really but enjoy.

Enjoy it a lot. Thought the more interesting team won.

The whole thing has been worth it for the New Day wearing Carmella singlets.

How is the match? Worth a watch?

It's a good way to kill 20 minutes. Miz playing to the fans as a face. He and Asuka have great chemistry.

I've really enjoyed both matches so far. I like the interactions that you wouldn't normally see. Next week is Braun/Alexa vs. Sami/Becky. That should be really good as well. I really want to see Alexa go off Braun's shoulders with a Twisted Bliss

"Asuka's going over"

If you didn't notice that, go back and watch when Carmella does her bronco buster.

I did yeah, that was curious.

I love Braun/Alexa the most of any pairing in this, I've got to say. Braun's bicep is as big as Alexa's head.

As expected, Braun/Bliss Vs Zayn/Lynch was a whole lot of fun.

I know it's been sort of mentioned here, but I do find it a little weird that Braun/Bliss have Connor's Cure as their charity. Isn't that effectively just WWE giving money to a charity they run anyway should that team be booked to win? Kind of made me feel a bit weird about the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    As expected, Braun/Bliss Vs Zayn/Lynch was a whole lot of fun.

I know it's been sort of mentioned here, but I do find it a little weird that Braun/Bliss have Connor's Cure as their charity. Isn't that effectively just WWE giving money to a charity they run anyway should that team be booked to win? Kind of made me feel a bit weird about the whole thing.
    I don't think they're going to win. I think it will be Miz and Asuka to win (to protect Asuka's winning streak). In fact with a possible rumored Miz/Braun match at Mania, the mixed match challenge match between the two teams (if there is one) could be a good way to plant the seeds for that feud. Like have The Miz and Miztourage "cheat" during the match (Asuka pins/submits Alexa Bliss) while Braun is busy with Miz and friends. Then again, they don't really need to do that to get a MIz/Braun feud going as there is still unfinished business from TLC.

Yeah, Oliver, I put that in the Braun thread actually. Was already not a fan of the concept and when I saw that was their charity it made me dislike it even more. As I've said before, what makes one charity more important over all the others in a scripted outcome? And to potentially have the winning team win a scripted tournament and you give 100k to a charity we all know you're involved with and basically started is quite honestly pathetic to me. Not saying for a second that charity doesn't deserve it, it's a great charity. But so are all the others. I'd like to think regardless that they make a big gesture and actually donate 100k to all charities.

Asuka has never been pinned. She's lost battle Royal's and Fatal Four Way's on the house shows. So it's not like they need to protect her winning streak. Just her never been pinned or submitted streak. Which is easy enough with Braun pinning Miz. But I can't begin to describe how awful I think Braun vs Miz for the IC Title would be. Miz deserves better than a chicken shit match where he's running away. And that's what it would be and would end up being a squash in all honesty. Just have him face Balor or something. I fully expect Bliss and Braun to win it all. But if the other charities don't get donations too it's quite pathetic.

Pretty sure other charities get something like 10k automatically but I could be wrong.

But the MMC was based around dream match ups competing for their charity to win 100k wasn't it? This isn't a 2 on 2 NBA tournament. This is 100% completely scripted. The WWE first and foremost will have who THEY want to win win it all. The charity aspect is really an afterthought and that's what I don't like. Not saying it's not a good idea, cause it is, but I don't know how as a scripted form of entertainment you can do it where it all looks above board. They're picking who they want to win and whoever wins it's like the WWE is picking that charity to give 100k to. The others get 10k you say? That's something at least. But what makes all the others in a scripted outcome less important? As Oliver said it makes him feel weird and I've just hated the concept from the outset being it's 100% scripted. And especially if Bliss and Braun win it's going to make me hate this even more. 10k really isn't something to scoff at, but when one charity is getting 100k in a completely scripted outcome merely because they want two specific people to win it rubs me the wrong way.

I feel like it would have been better to give all charities the same amount of money, but have both members of the winning team get a title shot or something. I don't know.

We don't know for sure what all the charities i get and frankly, I think people are looking at it too much. They probably had to do that for the Facebook thing.. Everyone knows its scripted, I don't think any of these charities are getting screwed over..

I just watched the Braun/Bliss match so that I could see if they did the Twisted Bliss off his shoulders AND THEY DID!!!

Had so much fun with it that I decided to watch the others and really enjoyed it, the matches were just so much fun, it was like the wrestlers were given a chance to let their hair down and have a bit of fun. Lots more funny bits in all the matches and even some really good in ring action. I loved the character work and psychology of the Bliss/Braun v Sami/Bekky match.

I guess that is what happens when these guys are given a bit of freedom from the overly scripted nature of the normal show and also some time to muck about a bit. Kind of reminded me on watching a house show where they all ham it up a bit.