Thread: 2017 LOP End of Year Awards- VOTING NOW OPEN!!

2017 LOP End of Year Awards- VOTING NOW OPEN!!

OK folks, it's 2018. We've reached the end of the calendar year, and while we still have one more month of CotM voting to do (list forthcoming tomorrow Steve), we also have some year end awards to vote for as well. Voting will be open until end of day January 15th (whatever your end of day is), and votes can be cast for any of the following. Don't feel obligated to vote for everything, but if you've got enough knowledge to do so, please do. The categories are:

CF Newcomer of the Year (first column written in 2017)
    Most Missed Columnist (No CF columns for at least 6 months)
    Most Improved Columnist
    CF Reviewer of the Year
    CF Comeback of the Year (Return to the CF after at least 6 months removed)
    Mizfan Feedbacker of the Year Award
    CF Community Award (Recipient does the most for the overall state of the CF)
    Social Media User of the Year
    LOP Radio Host of the Year
    LOP Radio Show of the Year
    CF Series of the Year (Must have at least 3 entries to qualify)
    Main Page Brand of the Year
    CF Creative/Comedic Column of the Year
    CF Standard Column of the Year
    Main Page Columnist of the Year
    CF Columnist of the Year

Unlike the CotM where campaigning for the win is not allowed, I strongly encourage you to promote any columns or categories you'd like to be considered in. This is where I remind people that when I came back from the Main Page I kicked some major ass for the remainder of the year, so I would like to throw my hat in the ring for CF Columnist of the Year.

You can send votes to me in one of four ways

1.) DM right here in the Forums
    2.) DM to me on Twitter if you follow me. If you don't, why the hell not?
    3.) Email me at robsimmons717@gmail.com
    4.) Message me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/robsimmons717

So there you go! In about a week or so I'll take a look at the voting and if I need to I'll send out some reminders to folks.

Thanks and get voting!
    Rob!

Will be voting soon, via your FB. Thanks for organising this, always a thankless job to collate these stuff, not as easy as it seems.
    And Jacob wrestled with God.

I am going to refrain from voting this year as I was really only around in January and early February and not much of that has stuck in my mind. Itís a shame as a guy who has run this before non-voters can be a little annoying. Anyway I donít believe I am really up for any awards this year as I really only wrote the one series in January which always has stiff competition from another daily series run at the same time, let alone everything that came after. Knowing Iím not really costing myself anything at least makes me feel a little better. Anyway good luck to all those nominated this year.

The Brain
    Here's a repost of my nominations from the previous thread. I didn't get a chance to update anything from the last couple months, but the ABCs produced some definite contenders for creative piece of the year if nothing else, so bear that in mind too!

Alright, let's take a look at this. Huge props to Steve for doing the vote breakdown thing in the COTM thread.

CF Newcomer of the Year (first column written in 2017)

I think SirSam will be very hard to beat for this one. The guy has torn it up since appearing, gaining back to back COTM awards in short order. Also in consideration, I think, would be TypeItInMan and Spinmaster, who have both made a real impact this year. 205Clive and JeremyDonovan are outside contenders right now, but there are about 6 weeks left in the year after all.

Most Missed Columnist (No CF columns for at least 6 months)

As always, this could go to a lot of people. I thought about voting for JSR-13, who was such a spectacular contributor here until real life sucked him back into it's evil clutches, but I think the really clear choice is zzzorf, who was more than just a columnist but a great guy to talk with and someone who would push participation and stuff that went beyond just his own activity. I really miss having Wayne around here.

Most Improved Columnist

I would probably nominate D.O.N for this one, he's kept at it and improved very steadily over the year. Not sure anyone else even springs to mind, to be honest.

CF Reviewer of the Year

I'm assuming this category is for people who are specifically doing reviews, either of specific matches or shows. With that in mind, there are actually several possible contenders here. Obviously 'Bear & Oliver have a full year's worth of consistently funny stuff built up, and they may be the favorites to beat. Oliver could also have a solo claim in this regard, as his My "22 Favourite Matches Of The Year" series early in the year was pretty damn brilliant. TheImplications is also on my radar, as he posted quite a few high quality WWE reviews early in the year and then sporadically did a great job reviewing random matches from New Japan's history later in the year. I miss those. XanMan also tackled some really good review stuff between WWE and Japan, and Degenerate dropped some live reviews of shows he attended in the land of the rising sun, though not as many as I wish he had. Don't discount JSR-13 who built his good name in part doing reviews of nearly unwatchable episodes of Impact for a long stretch, and SkitZ did a fantastic and highly underrated series known as "Indygestion", reviewing random independent matches, for a long streth this year. Last but not least, myself & Spinmaster did quite a bit of reviewing between the Mysterio series and the NWA/TNA stuff we've been doing, and I did also do the MOTY countdown back in January that people liked a fair bit. Not really sure who I'm voting for on this one.

CF Comeback of the Year (Return to the CF after at least 6 months removed)

If TripleR does indeed qualify, and I believe he does, he's a strong contender here. Anonymous and Skulduggery could also be in the conversation here, and so could Benjamin Button, though he's receded into being quiet once again.

Mizfan Feedbacker of the Year Award

Well my name is on the damn thing, so feel free to consider me! Oliver is another good one for conversation, and guys like SirSam, D.O.N, and others have been really good about getting out there and feeding a lot in a positive way. JSR-13 was also great at this, before his disappearance. If 'Plan sticks around and delivers high quality feedback through the end of the year, he could be a late contender.

CF Community Award (Recipient does the most for the overall state of the CF)

Steve. It's obviously Steve. HM to myself and Rob.

Social Media User of the Year

Doc is my pick for this, he's just got the knack for it. His questions draw me into discussion even when I'm miles away from WWE mentally.

LOP Radio Show of the Year

Let's see, I do this spiel twice a week, so I should probably know what they all are. Let's see, The Late Shift, The Doc Says, Right Side of the Pond, Perfect 10 Wrestling, The Global Revolution, and WCW: The Legacy Series. Plenty of quality to go around, but I will probably go with Late Shift. Steve really puts that extra effort in there, not to mention twice a week instead of just once. I'm also partial to TGR and WCW:TLS, of course.

LOP Radio Host of the Year

I'll probably go with Steve again here, though I may swing to Shane if I can vote for one of my partners. His insights really drive WCW:TLS to heights I doubt I could reach by myself. I've also got a lot of love for my man Jeff, and there are lots of other good options too.

CF Series of the Year (Must have at least 3 entries to qualify)

I've put together a list of everything that could be considered for this (I think). I've bolded and put at the top the ones that I feel are the strongest contenders, in no particular order.

13 Decrees: Black History Spotlight (JSR-13)
    Bearly Reviewing (Oliver & Bear, and Steve one time)
    DOA 2017 (TripleR, mizfan, Steve, various)
    The Life & Times of Bobby Heenan: The WWF Years (mizfan)

The Bright Side: Match of the Year 2016 Countdown Series Spectacular!! (mizfan)
    The Champion Sound (Prime Time, mizfan, Uncle Joe, Steve, & Mazza)
    The King of Stats presents the 2016 WWE Superstar & NXT Superstar of the Year (zzzorf)
    Oliver's Twist: My 22 Favourite Matches Of The Year (Oliver)
    TMR Takeover -- My Bout with Indygestion (How Many Matches Can I Stomach?) (SkitZ)
    Mizzie & The Spin’s Wacky Lucha Libre Adventure (mizfan & SpinMaster)
    Button Up: Lucha Underground (Benjamin Button)
    13 On Impact (JSR-13)
    Half Luck, Half Skul: May Madness (mizfan, SkitZ, Oliver, JCool, Kleckamania, Subho, Skulduggery)
    The X-Patriot Takes on the 5-star rating system and SeŮor Lariato (XanMan)
    WWE Fantasy G1 Climax (JeremyDonovan)
    Mizzie & The Spin's Total Non-Stop Wrestling Project (mizfan & SpinMaster)
    How ______ Was Written, Probably (TimR)
    Half Luck, Half Skul: November Madness (mizfan, SkitZ, Oliver, SirSam, jeremydonovan, Steve, Skulduggery)

CF Creative/Comedic Column of the Year

I really thought Steve's Epilogue was going to take this one, but late in the game 'nony came up with The Freak and the Meat, which is one of the best things I've ever read on this site and will almost definitely get my vote. Also in consideration are Rob's Dogs of War, Ollie's The Fall of Southpaw Regional Wrestling, and SkitZ Returns to The Altar by, well, Skitz, as well as his Certified Gmails [Note to Former Self]. I've linked each of those, for anyone who wants to go back and look.

CF Standard Column of the Year

As always, this is a tough one to choose. There are a lot of great choices out there, but ultimately I have to go with JSR-13's phenomenal Black History Spotlight: Ladies' First. Anyone who missed it, I've once again linked it (and will link all others I mention). It's fantastically researched, fascinating, and extremely powerful stuff.

My second pick was Steve's Total Steven, making him a double runner up in these individual column categories (sorry Steve!). I also considered Shane's Sit Down. Be Humble., SkitZ's Fade to Black (Funeral for The Fanboy), Benjamin Button's How to Treat Your Protagonist, JSR-13's Enter the Joshi (The Manifestation of Evil Asuka) and Black History Spotlight: The World Wasn't Ready, LWO's Vince McMahon Has Lost Confidence in Roman Reigns, and last but not least newcomer SirSam's very personal Falco v Syd Parker And The Night It Was Still Real To Me. I also invite you to consider my standalone tribute to the late, great Bobby Heenan, Requiem for a Weasel.

CF Columnist of the Year

Always a tough one to compile. Looking over the list, six names stood out. JSR-13 dominated the entire first half of this year with phenomenal output, both in quantity and quality. Oliver has not only been instrumental to Bearly Reviewing, but has also taken on quite a few standalone columns of extremely good stuff. SkitZ went on a tear through the middle of the year, and might still be kicking everyone's ass had he not taken yet another trip up to the MP. Steve laid down some all time great columns on his own and also spearheaded a major collab run with Degenerate. TripleR went ballistic upon stepping down from the MP and has been slamming down fantastic columns left and right. And, though I'm not much of a self promoter, I'll also throw myself in the mix as I've put out a lot of stuff I'm proud of, first and foremost all the Heenan stuff but also a number of collabs and standalone columns. I think SirSam could make a case for this list if he continues to tear it up until the close of the year, but I'm leaving him off the list for now as he did come along late in the year and might have trouble making it over that final hump (that's a challenge to you, Sam!!).

Obviously, there may be other contenders, so please feel free to throw out additional nominations. This post is not official in any way, shape, or form, it's solely my opinion.

I've put together a list of what the six people I named did this year through October, in case anyone wants to check it out, and linked their "started threads" page over their names. Consider well and smackdown your vote when the time comes!

JSR-13
    13 Out of '16: A Miniseries: Episode 1
    13 Out of '16: A Miniseries: Episode 2: WWE's Biggest Debuts
    13 Out of '16: A Miniseries: Episode 3: Future Endeavored
    13 Out of '16: A Miniseries: Episode 4: Wrestlers After My Own Heart
    13 Out of '16: A Miniseries: Episode 5: NXT Holding Patterns Revisited
    13 Out of '16 Series Finale: "Taz, What's Silver Linings Doing in the Impact Zone?"
    13 Decrees: Why Styles Should Win on Sunday
    13 Decrees: Why I Should be Happy... But I Ain't!
    Talkin' Impact 2-2-2017: Thoughts on Open Fight Night
    13 Decrees: Black History Spotlight: Going on a Dark Journey
    13 Decrees: Does WWE Need a Gay Character? And Should Darren Young be Celebrated?
    13 On Impact: Thoughts on the 2/9/2017 Episode
    13 Decrees: Black History Spotlight: A Man Who Was Cookin' WAY Before the Rock!
    13 Decrees: Black History Spotlight: Ladies' First
    13 On Impact: Bachelor Party, Deletion in Tijuana, Wolves Hunt Each Other, and More!
    13 On Impact: A Match Made (Somewhere South of) Heaven; Belles of the Ball and More!
    13 Decrees: Black History Spotlight: The World Wasn't Ready
    13 Decrees: AJ vs. Shane? Uh... How 'bout NO?
    13 On Impact: Dearly Departed; An Announcer Makes You Envy the Deaf; and More!
    13 Decrees: Black History Spotlight Season Finale: Can I Get a Witness?
    13 On Impact: Word to the Wise Owl-If It's Broken- DON'T Fix it!
    Charlotte & Dana Brooke vs. Mizfan & Steve- DOA 2017
    13 On Impact: Let's Try This Again, Shall We?
    13 Decrees Presents: Legacy Ladies: The Not-Too-Sweet Life of Georgia Brown
    13 Decrees Presents: Legacy Ladies: Out-Muscled
    13's Decree: Legacy Wing Spotlight; Last Word on AJ vs. Shane
    13's Decree: The Legacy Ladies Season Finale: Sweet Ride
    13's Decree: Enter the Joshi (The Manifestation of Evil Asuka)
    A Channel 13 Exclusive Interview: Picking D.O.N's Brain About the Shake Up
    13's Decree: Enter the Joshi: Prestige
    13 On Impact April 2017 (Ongoing Weekly): Can Impact Finally Spring Ahead? (Ongoing Series)
    13's Decree: Whole 'Nother Level (Champions in a League of Their Own)
    13's Decree: Weighing In on the Demon (Should Balor Join the Cruiserweight Club?)
    13 On Impact: Yes, You- May 2017 (Ongoing Weekly)
    13's Decree: The LOSERweight Champion of the World

Mizfan
    The Bright Side: Match of the Year 2016 Countdown Series Spectacular!! (Month Long Series)
    Goodbye, Impact Wrestling: A Bully Beckoned
    The Life & Times of Bobby Heenan: The WWF Years (continuing series)
    New Day vs. Decay- DOA 2017 Round 2
    Mizzie & The Spin’s Wacky Lucha Libre Adventure (continuing series)
    Mizzie & The Spin's Total Non-Stop Wrestling Project (continuing series)
    The Life & Times of Bobby Heenan: Requiem for a Weasel

Oliver
    The Bearly CF Awards 2017 (w/friends)
    Bearly Reviewing: 2017 (w/’Bear)
    Oliver's Twist: My 22 Favourite Matches Of The Year (continuing series)
    The Lost Boy: The One Which Surprised Me
    Jeri K.O. vs Mizfan & Steve- DOA 2017 Round 2
    Oliver's Twist: The Fall of Southpaw Regional Wrestling
    Oliver's Twist: Greatest?
    Oliver's Twist: Okada vs Shibata
    Oliver's Twist: Katsuyori Shibata
    Oliver's Twist: Them's The Breaks
    [CFC QF] Oliver's Twist: Unmasking
    [CFC SF] Oliver's Twist: A World Without...
    [CFC F] Oliver's Twist: Family
    Oliver's Twist: Friends Reunited

SkitZ
    Taste My Rainbow -- The Prodigal Part-Timer Returns! (Get to Digging)
    TMR Takeover -- My Bout with Indygestion (How Many Matches Can I Stomach?) (continuing series)
    Taste My Rainbow - Ten
    Taste My Rainbow - Balor‘s No More Than The Boogeyman (Why the Demon King is Just a Fling)
    fyi - Just Some Punk Who Takes Shit Too Literally
    Taste My Rainbow - Certified Gmails [Note to Former Self]
    Taste My Rainbow - SkitZ Just Made the List (Ranking the TakeOvers)
    Taste My Rainbow - Kneel Before The King You Lowly Cruiserweights
    fyi - This is The End (My Homely Friend)
    fyi - I Still Love You, Lucha
    Taste My Rainbow - SkitZ Returns to The Altar (Ranking the Weddings)
    fyi - Less the Competitor, More the Coward (My CFC Disqualifier)
    Taste My Rainbow - Drink It In, Man (Savoring the Charismatic Milkshake)
    TMR Takeover -- My Bout with Indygestion (How Many Matches Can I Stomach?)- Ongoing
    Taste My Rainbow - Blue Balls
    Taste My Rainbow - Orange Crush
    Taste My Rainbow - SkitZ Shits Silver & Gold (Ranking the Custom Titles)
    Taste My Rainbow - Yellow Tape / White Chalk_
    Taste My Rainbow - Crimson Masquerade
    Taste My Rainbow - Stubborn Brown Stain (Insta-spamming Jinder)
    Taste My Rainbow - Fade to Black (Funeral for The Fanboy)
    Spinster & SkitZ Raid Mysterio's Closet- w/Spinmaster
    Spinster & SkitZ Raid Mysterio's Closet- The Beautiful Journey Ends- w/Spinmaster

Steve
    Rings
    15 Years (aka Stevens Just Don't Understand)
    The List
    The Sitdown: Talk Owens Talk
    Epilogue (Inspired by DOA)
    The Power Trip: Viva Las Butt Baby (w/Degenerate)
    Bearly Reviewing NXT Takeover: Brooklyn III: Turtles In Time
    The Power Trip: A Wiener Is You (w/Degenerate)
    The Power Trip: Fuck You, Billy (w/Degenerate)
    The Power Trip: Summer Lovin’ (Tom Selleck) (w/Degenerate)
    The Power Trip: DongerSlam (w/Degenerate)
    The Power Trip: Sex On The Beach With Topanga And Kelly Kapowski (w/Degenerate)
    The Power Trip: We Dream of Bayley (w/Degenerate)
    Total Steven

TripleR
    Chair Shots Presents: DOA 2017- The Re-Awakening (A Preview)
    Chair Shots Presents: DOA 2017- The Re-Awakening (Round 1 Battles)
    Chair Shots Presents: DOA 2017- The Re-Awakening (The Final Battle)
    Chair Shots Presents: Superman Red/Superman Blue (CFC Qualifier)
    (CFC Quarterfinal): Chair Shots Presents: Animal Kingdom
    Chair Shots Presents: The Sins of the Father
    Chair Shots Presents: What's In a Name?
    Chair Shots Presents: Getting EVOLVED- Live from EVOLVE 90
    Chair Shots Presents: The Rise and Fall of Chett Chetterfield
    Chair Shots Presents: Lucha Underground is as Good as Ever, But Does It Even Matter?
    Chair Shots Presents: The Mae Young Classic- Round One Lows and Highs
    Chair Shots Presents: MMA-Nuff!
    Chair Shots Presents: Continuing a Look at the Mae Young Classic (Ep. 5-8)
    Chair Shots Presents: NC-17 in a PG World
    Chair Shots Presents: NO MERCY 2017- The 4WD Review
    Chair Shots Presents: The Dogs of War
    Chair Shots Presents: Love, Unrequited
    Chair Shots Presents: Brotherhood
    Chair Shots Presents: The End of the Beginning (Ultima Lucha Tres)
    Chair Shots Presents: TLC 2017 4WD Review (A Chaotic Affair)
    Chair Shots Presents: The Panty SHIELD

As I only wrote 2 columns the entire year, which is DOA and G for Grids, i am going to just campaign for this category.

The Freak and the Meat by Nony
    T is for Trump by Skulduggery
    X is for Xavier's X-Box by TripleR
    G for Grids by JWG
    SkitZ Returns to The Altar

Quote Originally Posted by mizfan View Post
    I think SirSam could make a case for this list if he continues to tear it up until the close of the year, but I'm leaving him off the list for now as he did come along late in the year and might have trouble making it over that final hump (that's a challenge to you, Sam!!).
    How did I go Mizie, did I make it over the final hump?

I'm quite proud of my work, the quantity I managed to pump out (26 columns in the end, including my main page & ABC pieces) as much as the quality. Thanks for all the feedback I've received from everyone. Obviously I'm up for the Newcomer of the Year which would truly be an awesome honour. While I enjoy the fact you put my name up there and hope I rose to the little challenge you put in I think I am still a little rougher around the edges than some of the more seasoned fellas going up for columnist of the year.

I also wanted to shine a light on some of the things I really enjoyed this year.

I loved Mizfan's Heenan series, it shined a light on an era I had been content to mostly ignore and through the lens of Heenan as pointed by Mizfan I have got to know one of the most facinating characters in all of wrestling as well as a number of matches I never would have watched.

Lots of people do reviews but Bearly Reviewing is something truly unique, funny, grotesque and when it needs to be quite pointed in its criticism. Bear & Oliver have created something that seems to have a life of its own on the CF. In 2018 BEARLY FOR MP!

Mizfan & D.O.N. have commented on just about every single column I have written (although Donny seems to have dropped out a little towards the end of the month). I write for free (as do we all) and I live for those comments, the reason I chose to move my writing over to here was because of the feedback I was getting, the conversations I was able to have. Having people as dedicated as them is an asset to the forum and while I like to think that I've been able to throw in my two cents on other's work I'm really just copying these fellas.

Steve is the glue, the nails, the bolts and joint that hold this whole ship together and he still finds the time to pump out column after column and podcast after podcast.

Outside of the CF Prime Time has been just epic, dragging people into conversation by overwhelming quantity upon quantity of posts on the threads, I wouldn't be surprised if his posts alone counted for something like a third of all the posts around the forums this year, I know there is no CF award for him but that man deserves recognition.

Lastly I personally owe a whole lot to 'Plan he pointed me towards the CF and has been quietly giving me feedback both publicly and privately since. The guy isn't the kind to toot his own horn so as thanks I'll do it for him. It is frankly a crime if he doesn't win MP writer of the year. His search for the 102nd Match To Watch Before You Die series was an epic summary of the WWE since he finished his last book, summing up and contextualising historic developments and applying them to the matches that we watched and loved (and hated). He wrote a really cool jaunt about roster positioning, putting forward new idea about how the WWE classifies its talent, something no one else managed to do and his Performance Art Reviews just about always bring things out of the match that no one else has managed to see. Oh and at Wrestlemania he wrote a little column about Seth Rollins and this happened:

I love Doc, Chriss, Tito and everyone else up their as much as the next LOP regular but none of them attracted that kind of attention or endorsement for their work this year. Simply 2017 was 'Plan's year on the MP.

The Brain
    Great post, Sam, and not just because some of the nice things you said were about me. In my book, you have done enough to be seriously considered for Columnist of the Year, and that's damn impressive for your first year.

I think I should mention though, 'Plan has actually been known to toot his own horn.

Squared
    There's actually a performance of 'Plan's 9th symphony for his own horn at the Albert Hall this month.
    "Eat my ass, Mooney"

Samuel Plan
    It was a nightmare to organise.

You mean I've been fooled into thinking this guy is humble?

Samuel Plan
    I'm the most humble person ever. By far. Not even close. Tremendous. Yuuuuge!

Sorry if this seems obvious to everyone else but what is the difference between Main Page 'Columnist' and Main Page 'Brand' of the year?

I'd forgotten I did the Southpaw column this year. A work of fiction so good that some posters thought it was real, and something I am really proud of even it was totally ridiculous.

I think mizfan and Sam have hit most of the notes I wanted to put out as nominations, but there was some really good work in the DBC that I keep forgetting. Skul did great stuff there, as did Degen.

please throw a vote or several my way folks.
    Other Places You Can Reach Me.

Rich Latta II On Facebook
    Join The Wrestling Squared Circle

Host Of One Nation Radio - socialsuplexwrestling.podbean.com
    Twitter @RichLatta32
    Instagram - @OneNationRadioWrestling
    Appears Monthly After RAW PPV's on Chad Matthews' Podcast "The Doc Says"
    Voice Of The Doc Says Theme Music
    Find my music @ soundcloud.com/RichLatta

THANKS FOR READING. Until Next Time!

The Brain
    Quote Originally Posted by SirSam View Post
    Sorry if this seems obvious to everyone else but what is the difference between Main Page 'Columnist' and Main Page 'Brand' of the year?
    It's kind of a thin difference, but say you thought Leaf's Sound of the Underground was the best stuff but didn't like his PROGRESS columns as much and thought Doc beat him on overall output, you'd vote differently in those categories. That's my understanding, anyway!

Mizzie's pretty spot on. For instance, my brand is "Chair Shots", but I've written under some other column names as well. It's thin, and if you just want to vote for a MP columnist, that works too. Remember, you only have to vote for what you're comfortable with

Samuel Plan
    Really hoping to find time to sit and do some research on the CF this year so I can vote in all the categories.

Failing that I'll just vote in a couple I feel qualified too. Would rather do that then guess. So I might be voting quite late on Trips, but I'll get them in!

You've read enough of my columns to know to vote for me Plan. Come on.

Let's get those votes in people. Turnout is light so far

Samuel Plan
    So THAT'S what those kind words were all about really.

I've submitted my votes.

A few points. I'd encourage everyone not to forget how impactful JSR-13 was at the beginning of the year. He was dominant unlike anyone has been for awhile around here and found his way to the main page crazy fast. His February, in particular, may be the single strongest month that anyone had here all year.

Prime Time should also be considered for Most Missed. As active as he is around the board in general, it's sadly been quite some time since he took up his wrestling boots and walked.

Don't dismiss Bearly Reviewing just because it's all about taking the piss. A lot of work goes into those things. I wrongly assumed it was easy until contributing one of my own. It is not easy.

mizfan is a fantastic user of social media. He doesn't rock the branding or direct hype of Doc, but his interaction with others (specifically as it pertains to Global Revolution and WCW:TLS) is plentiful and is consistently quality.

Rob not only does things like these awards and DTA, but also steadfastly provides the COTM list every month and never hesitates to join in any group project or competition or whatever that's presented. He should definitely be considered for Community honors.

I bust my ass on LOP Radio and appreciate the love from mizfan and Sam. That said, WCW:TLS is my 2nd favorite podcast, in general, behind only Bruce Prichard's Something to Wrestle. Further, mizfan hosts two very different shows and does so exceptionally well. Even further, I don't know that anyone is as intellectually stimulating but also genuine and accessible as Shane.

Finally, if I may pull a Plan and toot my own horn a bit, I know that I didn't produce as much content as many others in 2017. That said, I don't know that anyone matches me for sheer diversity and consistent quality across the board. While I don't know if that's enough to warrant genuine Columnist of the Year consideration, I wanted to at least mention it.

I also hereby claim Collaboration of the Year honors for myself and Degenerate. We should've won COTM in August. I've got mad love for Rich, but that shit genuinely hurt and I firmly believe that we outwrote everyone that month by a comfortable margin. That loss kinda sucked the will to write out of both of us.

I didn't know there was a collaboration section. I would 100% vote for you two for that.

There isn't anymore. There was in previous Awards but then there were so few collabs there for a long stretch of years that the category became a bit useless.

And if it did still exist, I'd think that Oli and Bear would have a much more worthy claim to the title.

Let's get these votes in people. Don't make me start harassing you!

Don’t vote for me. I’m a part timer and don’t deserve shit. I write when I give a shit and that’s all too rare and really don’t warrant any wins in anything.

i missed like the first 6 months of the year by not logging in...should i just evaluate the time i was around?
    Other Places You Can Reach Me.

Rich Latta II On Facebook
    Join The Wrestling Squared Circle

Host Of One Nation Radio - socialsuplexwrestling.podbean.com
    Twitter @RichLatta32
    Instagram - @OneNationRadioWrestling
    Appears Monthly After RAW PPV's on Chad Matthews' Podcast "The Doc Says"
    Voice Of The Doc Says Theme Music
    Find my music @ soundcloud.com/RichLatta

THANKS FOR READING. Until Next Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Latta View Post
    i missed like the first 6 months of the year by not logging in...should i just evaluate the time i was around?
    You can, plus the history of the first 6 months still exist so if you want to go back and do some research you can do that too.

If anyone is having trouble picking Column of the Year then here is a reminder of all of the individual Column of the Month winners for the year:

January - The Bright Side: Match of the Year 2016 Countdown Series Spectacular!! (Month Long Series) by mizfan
    Feburary - Thread cannot be found
    March (3 way tie) - Oh, No! I Still Can't Look at Kassius! (And Some Important Things) by Shane
    - Oliver's Twist: The Fall of Southpaw Regional Wrestling by Oliver
    - Epilogue (Inspired by DOA) by YourAyatollah/Steve
    April (2 way tie) - The Eternal Optimist Presents - 7 Reasons Why Jinder Mahal's Push Doesn't Suck by David.Fenichel
    - Latta's Lariat : Roman Reigns vs The Undertaker Was WWE's Muhammad Ali vs Larry Holmes by Rich Latta
    May - Sit Down, Be Humble by Shane
    June - Taste My Rainbow - SkitZ Returns to The Altar (Ranking the Weddings) by Skitz
    July - Taste My Rainbow - Fade to Black (Funeral for The Fanboy) by Skitz
    August - Vince McMahon Has Lost Confidence in Roman Reigns by LWO4Life
    September - The Life & Times of Bobby Heenan: Requiem for a Weasel by mizfan
    October - The Freak and the Meat by anonymous
    November (5 way tie) - 5 Reasons the WWE is Like An Abusive Ex by TimR
    - The Life & Times of Bobby Heenan: Lost At Sea (May '88) by mizfan
    - The Main Event Vol. 80 - I Didn't Know Who Shawn Michaels Was by D.O.N
    - Sir Sam's Court: The 7 Worst Haircuts in WWE History by SirSam
    December - G is for Grids (From ABC's of Wrestling Series) by JacobWrestledGod

Assuming most of these made the mid-August purge you can look them up and take a trip down memory lane.

Rob, let me know if u have my votes, sent via your Lop inbox

I'll enjoy reading this, but due to my forum debut being Octoberish, I'll wait till next year to provide a full list.

Samuel Plan
    I'll get my votes in by nights end Rob!

EDIT: Crammed in some last minute research to be certain of what I wanted to go for and sent my votes on Trips. Sadly I've had to largely stick to what little I know first-hand, but I voted in as many as I felt confident voting in on that and the bits of research I was able to do using the COTM list and the various recommendations here.
    Last edited by 'Plan; 01-13-2018 at 03:09 PM.

Last chance to get your votes in folks.

So we only had 11 votes, which kind of sucks, but it is what it is. Awards will be handed out in the next day or so.