Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The King of Stats presents the 2017 WWE Superstar & NXT Superstar of the Year

The Brain
    It does seem like WWE is too hesitant to go all in on Nia Jax for her to really be effective. I'd be interested to see what she could do with more consistent booking.

Ah, the days of Nakamura before he went up to the main roster and became irrelevant. Funny that he can leap so high on the list with so few matches, as you say, but the numbers don't lie!

F2F

SirSam: Your spot on with the Nia Jax monsterality being wrecked by her losing. It won't take long before she is just another Tamina.

Spinmaster: Nakamura wouldn't be the first to appear on both lists, it has happened both other years. And really, Reigns hasn't lost a match on Raw all year? We really onto LOL Reigns Wins?

Mizfan: The numbers don't lie but I would have to admit this is the first time I have seen the different weighting for the NXT series really throw something out of left field. Also where are my match reviews?

WWE #22 Finn Balor
    120 points

The Stats

Minor Shows: 0-0-0
    Raw: 21-8-1
    Smackdown: 0-0-0
    PPV: 4-1-0
    Title Matches: 0
    Raw/SD Main Events: 4
    PPV Main Events: 2
    2016: 88th (31 points)

Year in Review

2016 was such an up and down year for Finn Balor that saw his highest moment in his short WWE career, followed by his lowest just one day later, 2017 could not live up to the emotions that Balor went through there.

Balor would make his return from the shoulder injury that saw him relinquish the Universal Title on the Raw following Wrestlemania, teaming with Seth Rollins, the man he beat to win the Universal Title, to beat Kevin Owens and Samoa Joe (the man who he beat for the NXT Title and the man he lost it to respectively). Over the following weeks he would do the jobber circuit, beating Jinder Mahal and Curt Hawkins bringing his main roster record up to 7-0. He would only get one more win to his record before his first loss, team with Rollins and Big Cass to beat Samoa Joe and The Club. Balorís first main roster loss would come on the May 1 edition of Raw when he would lose a Triple Threat #1 Contenders Match for the Intercontinental Title that was won by The Miz and also involved Rollins.

Now knowing the taste of main roster defeat a few more would come Balorís way over the next month. Even though he would pick up wins over The Miz and Karl Anderson he would suffer losses to Roman Reigns and twice to Samoa Joe, the first in a Triple Threat that also involved Bray Wyatt and then at Extreme Rules in a #1 Contenders match for the Universal Title that also involved Wyatt, Reigns and Rollins.

Now temporarily out of the Universal Title scene Balor would find himself moved down the card a bit. While that could be seen as a major downturn for Balor it could also be viewed as a chance for him to once again find the winning formula to get him back on top. That winning formula seemed to come straight away for Balor as he would instantly pick up victories against Bo Dallas, Cesaro and twice against Elice Samson (the second by DQ) and a 6-man tag victory with the Hardy Boyz over Samson and The Bar. It would be Samson however who would get the best of Balorís newly re-found winning form beating him in a no-disqualification match on July 24.

The reason however for the loss to Samson was not because of Samson getting the better of him on his own but instead he had the help of Bray Wyatt. When Balor had first made his comeback in April Wyatt spent his time giving Balor ominous warnings that never eventuated into anything, now however, over three months later, those warnings would start to come to fruition. Wyatt would beat Balor on the August 14 edition of Raw but six days later, decked out in full demon attire, Balor would get some revenge. However Wyatt made a point that Balor could not beat him as a man, only as a demon, so the two had another match at No Mercy, this time with Balor in normal attire. The victory would go to Balor but the feud was not over. The two were scheduled to face once again at TLC, with Balor as the demon and Wyatt as Sister Abigail but due to health issues Wyatt was unable to compete and was replaced by Smackdownís AJ Styles with Balor picking up the win.

Next up for Balor was trying to make the Raw Team at Survivor Series and after going to a double count out with Samoa Joe he was named to the team by GM Kurt Angle. To get Balor and Joe to cooperate as a cohesive unit ready for Survivor Series they were forced to team together the week after their 1on1 match (and brawl that followed) against The Club, a match they would win (but not really show cohesiveness. In the Survivor Series match Balor would be eliminated by Randy Orton but would still be part of the winning team.

After losing to Samoa Joe the night after Survivor Series Balor would go onto a six match winning streak to end the year. He would pick up singles victories over Kane and Bo Dallas, as well as two against Curtis Axel, while picking up a Handicap Match victory over the Miztorage and then again the following week in a tag match with Hideo Itami as his partner. So far in 2018 he has already extended the streak to eight.

The Future

So finally the Balor Club is a legit thing. Well that changes things for Balor. Having a group behind him seems more like what we expect from him but I donít think much will come from it until we get to them turning heel, then things will heat up. You do know they owe him a run with the Universal Title, it may just take a year or two to get him and the Balor Club fully ready. Then again a Rumble victory would not surprise me, and possibly even a switch to Smackdown as part of that win.

NXT #22 Lars Sullivan
    59 points

The Stats

NXT: 6-4-0
    Takeover: 1-0-0
    NXT Main Events: 1
    Takeover Main Events: 0
    2016: DNW

Year in Review

Lars Sullivan made his debut on April 12 in a tag team loss against #DIY but you may not have known it was him at the time as he wrestled under his real name of Dylan Miley. After the match he would attack his partner Michael Blais leaving him laying, a pattern that would continue for his first few matches. Before these matches happened however he would don the name of Lars Sullivan. The tag matches in question would see him lose to Heavy Machinery with Victor Andrews on June 7 and to The Street Profits with Chris Silvio on August 16.

Breaking out of the tag team division Sullivan would have his first match without a partner on September 5 in true monster heel fashion, beating three jobbers in a Handicap Match. On September 20 Sullivan would pick up his first 1on1 victory, beating No Way Jose who he had taken out before a match the previous month.

Quick victories were to follow for Sullivan (none over 3 minutes), squashing Danny Burch, Oney Lorcan and Raul Mendoza along the way. Seeing this Kassius Ohno would ask GM William Regal for a match against Sullivan and at Takeover: War Games Sullivan would get his biggest victory todate beating Ohno.

To end the year Sullivan would attempt to become the #1 contender for the NXT Title first beating Roderick Strong in a qualifying match on December 20 and then appearing in a Fatal-4-Way the following week. Sullivan however would fail in the attempt with Johnny Gargano winning the match that also included Killian Dain and Aleister Black.

The Future

I honestly canít say much about Lars Sullivan as I really havenít seen much of his work as yet. What is good to see though is WWE going a different route than the normal stereotypical monster by being more articulate and seemingly educated. Will be an interesting thing to see develop in the future.

KOST Answer: Our 7 undefeated wrestlers on Raw in 2017 were Asuka, John Cena, Dash Wilder, Scott Dawson, Hideo Itami, AJ Styles & Pete Dunne. A point to those who got over half right.

KOST Scoreboard
    5 - Spinmaster
    3 - SirSam
    1 - kingzak13

KOST Question: While 7 wrestlers went undefeated on Raw in 2017 only 1 person went undefeated on Smackdown, who were they?

2017 Match You May Have Not Seen

Tag Team Match
    High And Mighty (Mark Daniels & Marty Grant) vs. TKO (JJ Roberts & LD James)

Name of the event: EWE Live In Newport
    Date: 28.07.2017
    Promotion: Exposure Wrestling Entertainment
    Arena: The Pill Millennium Centre

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3D...JpH8h1e0yVtERg

I enjoy watching Finn Balor but I may agree with Vince McMahon. I'm not sure the guy is main event caliber in the WWE. He'd possibly steal the show when given the right opponent but I'm not sure he could carry the division himself.

Lars Sullivan is a beast. He has the potential to be a star, especially since WWE loves their big men. I can only hope that they do something interesting with him on the main roster and not turn him into just another big silent destroyer.

Doesn't Reigns always win? Not saying it's a bad thing ha. Undefeated on Smackdown? Let's go with Ruby Riot.

The Brain
    Match reviews will probably come towards the end of the month... I'm on vacation and steeped in a certain video game, so I'm watching less wrestling than usual. They will come, I swear!

I'm a fan of Balor, but not as much as I used to be. I dig the showmanship and the pageantry, but when you strip that away I'm not sure he offers a lot. Perhaps he can win me back over? Sullivan is another I don't know much about yet, if you don't make it to Takeover I probably won't have a great idea about your talent. Digging this, keep it rolling man!

F2F

Spinmaster: Yeah I don't think he can carry the division but give him the right opponents and he could at least have a good run.

Mizfan: How can you be on vacation and enjoying yourself without watching these matches, it just doesn't sound right. Sullivan was on a takeover so you should be able to have some sort of opinion.

WWE #21 Enzo Amore
    122 points

The Stats

Minor Shows: 5-4-0
    Raw: 9-15-1
    PPV: 2-4-0
    Title Matches: 8
    Raw/SD Main Events: 3
    PPV Main Events: 1
    2016: 32nd (108 points)

Year in Review

2017 was a major character year for Enzo Amore, a year that saw him trialled and tested, and coming out the otherside a way different person. The year started off with Amore still teaming with Big Cass, proving why they were the realest guys in the room. At the tail end of a feud they were in with Rusev and Jinder Mahal the duo would beat them in their first match of the year on January 16. At the Royal Rumble Amore would enter at #27 but would not last long, being eliminated by Brock Lesnar. The night after the rumble Enzo & Cass would end their feud with Rusev and Mahal when they would beat them in a tornado tag match.

Next Enzo & Cass would set their sights on the Raw Tag Team Titles beating Cesaro & Sheamus in a #1 contenders match on February 20. Their match for the title would be at Fastlane but they were not able to take the titles away from the champions Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson. The next night they would get a rematch but again would not be successful, this time losing by disqualification. The next week another #1 contenders match against Cesaro & Sheamus would end in a no contest which would see them both named #1 contender, thus giving us a Triple Threat match at Wrestlemania. It would not be any of the three teams however who would win the match, which would eventually be a Ladder Match, but a surprise fourth entrant The Hardy Boyz. The next night another #1 contenders match would go down, this time however Sheamus & Cesaro would win.

After trading victories with Gallows & Anderson and then being the first team eliminated in a #1 contenders gauntlet match Amore would start to be taken out in the backstage area for a few weeks. While various people would be accused of the deeds it would eventually be revealed to in fact be Big Cass who had done it, disbanding the tag team. The two would face off at Great Balls of Fire with Cass being victorious.

Over the next month would team with, well more manage, The Big Show while he would go against Cass who had accused him of the attacks previously. At Summerslam Cass and Big Show would square off while Amore would be hung above the ring in a Shark Cage. The cage however would not hold Amore who would strip down, oil himself up, and slip through the bars, only to meet Cass face to face in the ring and get beat down. The following night Amore and Cass would face off in a Brooklyn Street Fight which Amore would win due to ref stoppage as Cass would legitimately injure his knee.

Now with Cass on the shelf Amore would set his sights on the Cruiserweight Division, showing up the next night on 205 Live. Using questionable tactics Amore would start to go on a winning spree first beating Noam Dar and then twice teaming with Gran Metalik and Cedric Alexander to beat Dar, Drew Gulak and Tony Nese. These questionable tactics would see Amore become the #1 contender for the Cruiserweight Title when on the September 5 edition of 205 Live he would beat Alexander, Metalik, Nese and The Brian Kendrick. Amoreís title shot would come at No Mercy and after delivering a low blow Amore would win the match, giving him his first ever title in the WWE.

Amoreís heel turn would be solidified when in the promo main event of the next nightís Raw (the first time the cruiserweights would have that spot on the card) he would start to put down the rest of the division, stating he was why the division was relevant. This would continue for a couple of weeks until October 9 when in the main event of Raw Kalisto would beat him for the title in a Lumberjack match. The title would not stay with Kalisto for long as at TLC Amore would beat him with a thumb to the eye. The two would face twice more for the title with Kalisto winning by disqualification two nights later on 205 Live and then Amore retaining on the kickoff show for Survivor Series.
    Despite his berating of the rest of the division the first few weeks of his time in the cruiserweight division Amore started to gain a group of followers, with Drew Gulak being the foremost of them. In December he would also start to get a love interest in Nia Jax.

The Future

While I havenít seen any of Amoreís cruiserweight work as such I always thought he would make a good heel and it seems to be working. The way they had painted him as not being able to do much without Cass, the questionable tactics made perfect sense. While I donít think his in-ring stuff will get him much further than he is now this time learning the heel trade will do him immense benefit if he does move into managerial work in the future, a spot he is perfectly suited for.

NXT #21 No Way Jose
    60 points

The Stats

NXT: 3-5-1
    Takeover: 0-0-0
    NXT Main Events: 5
    2016: 21st (61 points)

Year in Review

Finding himself in the exact same spot on the list as last year, just one point less, No Way Jose managed to get the furthest up the card without a single Takeover match to his name. He was scheduled to have one, but well we will get to that in the minute.

Jose started the year amongst a feud with SAnitY (then again I think half the roster was). Despite this his first few matches of the year were not against any members of SAnitY. The first match was on January 25, a victory over Kona Reeves, the next a week later, this time with a victory over Elias Samson. It would be the following week that Jose would finally find himself in a match with a member of his feuding opposition. In fact he wouldnít be in the match just with one SAnitY member, but all three male member as Jose teamed with Roderick Strong and Tye Dillinger to lose to the stable.

On February 22 Jose would face the new NXT Champion Bobby Roode in a non-title match but would not be able to overcome the champ. The following month Jose would once again team with Strong and Dillinger against SAnitY but this time it would go to a no contest. The three were scheduled to team with Ruby Riot against the full SAnitY but Jose was taken out by SAnitY before the show and he was replaced by Kassius Ohno.

Jose would have one more match involving SAnitY, a singles match against Killian Dain on June 7, a match that Jose would lose. For the rest of the year Jose would not be involved in much, picking up a win against Cezar Benoni on July 19 and losses to Andrade Almas on August 9 and Lars Sullivan on September 20.

The Future

Last year I stated how I donít think Joseís gimmick has long legs and just from writing this I believe we may have already got to that point. Iím not saying that it fully has but the fact he has gone from a minor player around the place to a hardly used wrestler is not a good sign. Granted maybe this could have something to do with injuries but I donít think so. I wouldnít be surprised if sometime this year we get a gimmick change out of him, that or we are just waiting for a post Wrestlemania call-up.

KOST Answer: Your guess of Ruby Riot was close spinmaster but it is in fact her partner Liv Morgan who was the only undefeated on Smackdown in 2017, in her whole one match that is.

KOST Scoreboard
    5 - Spinmaster
    3 - SirSam
    1 - kingzak13

KOST Question: 6 wrestlers were undefeated on NXT in 2017, can you tell me who they are??

Non Title Match
    Kenny Omega vs. Tiger Ali (w/Rishi Ghosh & RJ Singh)

Name of the event: 4FW New Year Wrestleution 2017
    Date: 21.01.2017
    Promotion: 4 Front Wrestling
    Arena: M.E.C.A.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClN...yXBeWzH0M-XZVQ

I can't ever tell if Enzo is trying to bring back kayfabe or if he is legitimately an uncaring asshole. If it's the former than I applaud his ability to stay in character everywhere he goes. That's a commitment level not seen much in wrestling anymore.

Undefeated in NXT: Asuka, Lars Sullivan, Bobby FIsh, Kyle O Reilly, Bianca Belair, Elias

The Brain
    Must have missed whatever Takeover Lars was on! Bear in mind that Drew McIntyre singlehandedly murdered my interest in watching NXT.

Enzo catches a lot of shit, but I still kind of like the guy. He's charismatic and good on the mic, even without the (copious) use of catchphrases. Once again, I wish this was a world that had more use for managers...

Never got into No Way Jose. Haven't heard about him in ages so I'm guessing whatever popularity he had died off pretty hard!

F2F

Spinmaster: Quick question: Are you paying attention to the stats as they go up? 3 of your answers ,O'Reilly, Fish and Sullivan, have all had entries with each of them stating matches lost. All good if you aren't just thought I'd point it out.

Mizfan: Sullivan beat Kassius Ohno at Takeover: War Games.

WWE #20 Alexa Bliss
    126 points

The Stats

Minor Shows: 0-1-0
    Raw: 7-8-0
    Smackdown: 4-4-0
    PPV: 4-5-0
    Title Matches: 14
    Raw/SD Main Events: 3
    PPV Main Events: 0
    2016: 51st (80 points)

Year in Review

Not many wrestlers will perform under a different gimmick, even for one match, while they are a champion, but only one could lay claim to the fact that they did so in their first televised match of a new calendar year. That person would be none other than Alexa Bliss. Starting 2017 as the Smackdown Womenís Champion Bliss would wrestle on the first Smackdown of the year, not as herself, but under a mask and bodysuit as La Luchadora in a match against Becky Lynch (who had done the same a fortnight before). Bliss would not be successful in this match but a fortnight later when the two would meet again, this time in a Steel Cage for the Womenís Title and wrestling under her own name and gear, she would be victorious, thanks only to another La Luchadora, this time the returning Mickie James. On the kickoff show for the Royal Rumble Bliss would team with James and Natalya in a losing effort against Lynch, Naomi and Nikki Bella.

Done with Lynch for now Blissís next #1 contender would be Naomi. The two would face off at Fastlane with Naomi winning the title, however she would injure herself and have to relinquish the title. On February 21st Bliss would once again face Lynch for the title and once again would win the match becoming the first ever two-time holder of the belt. In the following weeks Bliss and Jamesís partnership would start to disintegrate and the two would face off in a non-title match on March 14 that James would win. At Wrestlemania Bliss would defend her title in a six-pack challenge, again losing the title to Naomi, which also included James, Lynch, Natalya and Carmella.

After failing to win back the title on the next edition of Smackdown Bliss would find herself drafted to Raw in the superstar shake-up. On her second week on Raw Bliss would beat Nia Jax, Sasha Banks and Mickie James (who had been also moved to Raw) to become the new #1 contender for the Raw Womenís Title. After losing to Banks via count out the following week Bliss would go onto beat Bayley at Payback and become the new Raw Womenís Title. By having held both the Smackdown and Raw Womenís Titles Bliss would become the first ever person to do so (a feat which has now also been accomplished by Charlotte). After having two singles victories in non-title matches against James Bliss would retain her title against Bayley at Extreme Rules in a Kendo Stick-on-a-Pole Match.

The night after Extreme Rules Bliss was forced to honour a request she had given to Nia Jax for helping her keep the title by granting her a title match. Bliss once again would retain the title, winning the match by disqualification. Blissís next #1 contender would come in the shape of Sasha Banks with the two facing each other at Great Balls of Fire with Banks winning the match. The title however would not change hands as Bliss had got herself intentionally counted out. The title would change hands at Summerslam however when Banks was able to make Bliss tap out.

As has been Blissís year so far she was not without a title for long as just eight days later she would once again win the title back in her rematch with Banks. Banks would not get another 1on1 shot at the title for at No Mercy her and Bliss would be joined by Bayley, Nia Jax and Mickie James in a Fatal-Five-Way which would once again see Bliss retain her title. At TLC it would be James who would have an attempt to win the title in a 1on1 match but once again Bliss would retain, a result that would repeat eight days later on Raw.

Blissís last match on TV in 2017 would come at Survivor Series when she would face, and lose to, the Smackdown Womenís Champion Charlotte. On December 20 Bliss would break her third record of the year as her second reign with the Raw Womenís Title would become the longest in the beltís short history.

The Future

At the beginning of 2016 who would have thought that 2017 would have seen Bliss having four different reigns with championship gold, totalling 320 total days in the year that she had a belt around her waist, I know I wouldnít have. While I still believe Bliss is more middle of the pack with her in-ring work she has by far standed out as the biggest character in all of the WWEís women's divisions. While she does still have the title for now she will have to lose it soon and move away from the title picture to let some others take their time in the light. This however does not mean she needs to fade into the background but instead gives her a chance to make a secondary womenís feud mean something close to the level of the title. Bliss has made a name for herself now and will continue to be a major part of the womenís division over the next few years.

NXT #20 Ruby Riot
    68 points

The Stats

NXT: 5-4-2
    Takeover: 0-2-0
    Title Matches: 2
    NXT Main Events: 2

Year in Review

We are doubling up on the women today as Ruby Riot breaks into the top 20 for NXT. Now before you say anything I know I have her name incorrect for her current spelling but that is a main roster thing. We are here to talk about her NXT run which is with this version of her name that she competed under. Anyway time to get talking about her year that was.

Riot would first appear on NXT on March 22 when she would help Tye Dillinger, Roderick Strong and No Way Jose attack SAnitY. Her first match would come at Takeover: Orlando when she would team with Dillinger, Strong and Kassius Ohno (who replaced Jose) in a losing effort to SAnitY (damn I am starting to get sick of doing the weird capitals of SAnitY and I havenít even got to any entries for team members yet).

On April 12 Riot would have her first match on NXT proper when she would beat Kimberly Frankele. On May 3 Riot would enter a #1 contender's Battle Royal for the NXT Womenís Title and would be part of the final three when champion Asuka would take them all out sending the match into a no contest. Riot, along with Nikki Cross and Ember Moon, the other two parts of the final three, would all be named the #1 contenders with a Fatal-4-Way scheduled for Takeover: Chicago. This match however would turn into a Triple Threat with Moon suffering an injury and Asuka would retain her title pinning both of her opponents at the one time. The three would have a rematch on June 14, this time in an elimination match which would see Riot eliminated first.

Riot would lose a match to the recovered Moon on July 19 before entering into a feud with the Iconic Duo. After beating Billie Kay on August 16 and losing to Peyton Royce a fortnight later Riot would ask GM William Regal to put her in a handicap match against the both of them since they just interfere in each others matches anyway. Reluctant to do this Regal told Riot to find a partner and booked her in a tag match against the Aussies. Despite Regalís wishes Riot would start the match just as she had asked, by herself in a handicap match against them. To her surprise however, and to everyone else's mind you, Nicki Cross would slowly sneak through the crowd to the ring and tag herself in and decimate the Iconic Duo, tag herself back out and walk away. With this help Riot was able to win the match. A similar thing would happen three weeks later when a rematch would happen between the two teams (if you can call Riot and Cross a team).

With Asuka relinquishing the NXT Womenís Title to move up to the main roster a tournament was held to name a new champion. Riot however would not make it past the first round, losing to Ember Moon in a match which also included Sonya Deville. It would be against Deville Riot would finish her short run with NXT with Riot winning a match between the two on November 22 and Deville getting the victory in a No Holds Barred match on December 6. This match would take place after both women had already moved up to the main roster with Riot on Smackdown and Deville on Raw.

The Future

Riott being on the main roster is where I feel she belongs however I am not a fan of how she is being handled at the moment. I have no trouble with the Riott Squad as such, other than the fact that I have no love for Liv Morgan, but more the fact that the same thing is happening on Raw and to more success. It seems illogical to have done it the way WWE did, but then again who ever accused WWE of being logical. The way I would have done it is still have the groups but have them under the one name, Absolution would be fine, and having them all have the one goal ala NWO. Instead we have lazy booking with the same thing happening on both shows.

As to Riott herself I donít think this will taint her and when the group settles in she will be able to go on and start being a star on the blue brand for as long as she is there. Well hereís hoping anyway.

KOST Answer: Our six correct answers are Asuka, Angelo Dawkins, Montez Ford, Shane Thorne, Nick Miller and Buddy Murphy.

KOST Scoreboard
    5 - Spinmaster
    3 - SirSam
    1 - kingzak13

KOST Question: 4 wrestlers were undefeated on PPV in 2017, who were they?

Singles Match
    Anthony Henry vs. Lio Rush

Name of the event: MCW Broken Anniversary MMXVII
    Date: 28.01.2017
    Promotion: MCW Pro Wrestling
    Arena: MCW Arena

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/marylandwrestling

Love that #20 on both sides is female. Alexa Bliss has without a doubt been the MVP of the Women's Division right alongside Charlotte. I'm a huge Alexa fan, not just because she's a great heel, but because she's constantly getting better. She can do more with a facial expression than most wrestlers can do with an entire promo. Solid as they come, and I hope that once she drops the title she stays in the forefront of the division.

I agree with you on Ruby. I think she's got massive potential, but this Riott Club, Absolution clone thing isn't working at all. Since it came second, it just feels watered down and too much of a copy of what Raw did. Plus, she has a less impressive supporting case in Liv Morgan and Sarah Logan. Ruby could be a great face IMO. I don't think the heel thing works well.

Great stuff Wayne, been following along the whole way

Yes and no haha. I've been reading it all and paying attention. However, when it comes time to answer the questions I don't really think about it and just go with what comes in my head. I never think of going back and looking again. Which would probably help me do better.

For this one: Brock Lesnar, Asuka, Erik Rowan, Nikki Bella

They really shouldn't have split Cass & Enzo up. They were the perfect pair:
    Cass on his own is just a generic tall guy, with Enzo as his mouthpiece he's a potential main eventer.
    Enzo on his own is a great character, but with Cass as bodyguard (like HBK/Diesel) could have been big.

Splitting them up served little purpose, I suspect we'll be expected to forget it happened when Cass gets back from his injury.

Haven't commented before now because there haven't been many entries I had an opinion on, but this series is great.

The Brain
    Wooo show some love for Ruby Riott!! One of my favorites around. I do agree she'll be fine when the somewhat lame stable goes away, and if she isn't WWE has really missed a trick.

F2F

TripleR: Glad to hear you have been enjoying the series Trips. Alexa has surely been one of the highlights for the Women's division, something I wouldn't have even expected at the beginning of 2017.

Spinmaster: Probably help, but there doesn't come many questions were previous entries will help.

DynamiteBillington: All good, happy to hear from you whenever you feel the need, as long as you are enjoying it that's all that matters.

Mizfan: it was a big day for Ruby in the forums yesterday wasn't it with both of us writing columns about her.

WWE #19 Shinsuke Nakamura
    127 points

The Stats

Minor Shows: 3-2-0
    Raw: 0-0-0
    Smackdown: 13-3-0
    PPV: 2-5-0
    Title Matches: 5
    Raw/SD Main Events: 11
    PPV Main Events: 2
    2016: 87th (35 points)

Year in Review

So a few days ago I ran through Shinsuke Nakamuraís, albeit limited, 2017 NXT run. Today we pick up from where that left off and talk about his run on the main roster. Nakamura would debut on the Smackdown following Wrestlemania interrupting The Miz. While this would look to be his first feud of his call up it would not be as Miz was moved to Raw in the Superstar Shakeup. Instead it would be Dolph Ziggler whom Nakamura would have to deal with first. After weeks of lead up the two would face off at Backlash with Nakamura winning his main roster debut.

Now an actual active member of the Smackdown roster Nakamura would waste no time racking up more wins over the next few weeks starting on the next Smackdown teaming with AJ Styles to beat Ziggler and Kevin Owens. Over the next few weeks Nakamura would Team with Sami Zayn to beat Owens and Baron Corbin, beat Owens in singles action and then team with Styles and Zayn to beat all three of his opponents so far. The reason these six wrestlers were having so many interchangeable matches was they would be the six men competing in the Money in the Bank Match. The match would be won by Corbin giving Nakamura his first loss on the main roster. On the following Smackdown Nakamura would beat Ziggler once more ending their feud.

The next feud for Nakamura would be against Corbin who had attacked him during his entrance at MITB with a ladder and camera making him miss the first half of the match. At Battleground the two would face off with Nakamura winning by DQ when Corbin would deliver a low blow. On the following Smackdown the two would face off again this time with Nakamura picking up the victory proper.

On August 1 Nakamura would become the #1 contender for the WWE Title when he would beat John Cena in a match on Smackdown. Nakamura would have his title match at Summerslam but would lose his first 1on1 match on the main roster when the Singh Brothers would cause a distraction for their Maharajah Jinder Mahal to win the match. Nakamura would get his revenge on the brothers on the next Smackdown beating them in a handicap match. On September 5 Nakamura would become the #1 contender once again, this time beating Randy Orton for the honour. The following month the title match would happen at Hell in a Cell and once again Nakamura would lose to Mahal.

Before their #1 contendership match Nakamura and Orton had teamed together to beat Mahal and Rusev and this would become a more common pairing for the rest of the year. On October 10 the two would beat Rusev and Aiden English but the next week would lose to Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn. On October 31 Nakamura would beat Owens to be named as a member for team Smackdown at Survivor Series, a match that Nakamura would see himself be the first person eliminated from.

In December Owens would get his win back on Nakamura which would help lead to a tag team match between Nakamura & Orton and Owens & Zayn at Clash of Champions. After Nakamura & Orton lost the match they would team with AJ Styles on the following Smackdown to get the win back along with their partner Mahal.

The Future

I already went through this section the other day forgetting I had this day to come so I donít have much to add today. The one thing I didnít say is how I believe Nakamura has a major chance at winning the Rumble match and going onto Wrestlemania to face AJ Styles for the title.

NXT #19 Tommaso Ciampa
    73 points

The Stats

NXT: 4-0-0
    Takeover: 0-3-0
    Takeover Main Events: 1
    2016: 6th (110 points)

Year in Review

Tommaso Ciampa, along with his #DIY partner Johnny Gargano, started the year as NXT Tag Team Champions. Their first title defence of the year, a successful one, would be against the former champions The Revival on January 11. After the match #DIY were attacked attacked by the Authors of Pain. #DIY would defend their titles against AOP at Takeover: San Antonio but were not successful losing the titles to the bigger team.

A rematch would happen on March 1 but #DIY would not win the titles as they only would win the match by DQ. Another rematch was scheduled for Takeover: Orlando which would also include The Revival in an elimination match but #DIY would be the first team eliminated thus not winning their titles back again.

After their couple of title losses #DIY would go back to the drawing board with a couple of talent enhancement matches on NXT TV. The first match would be on April 12 when they would beat Dylan Miley (Lars Sullivan) & Michael Blais and the second would be on May 10 against Riddick Moss & Tino Sabbatelli. At Takeover: Chicago #DIY would get one more shot at the Tag Team Titles facing the Authors of Pain in the main event in a Ladder Match. Once again however they were not able to get their titles back.

After the match Ciampa would takeout Gargano thus splitting up the team. The feud however would go nowhere as Ciampa would miss the rest of the year with a knee injury.

The Future

The return of Ciampa to the ring is not far away, sometime in the next few months is the expected time. Once he is back it is quite obvious that the feud he was supposed to have with Gargano will go down as originally planned and I for one am looking forward to it, it should be very entertaining.

After the feud is over is where the problem is for me. I am not really a big fan of Ciampa and without Gargano I just donít know how much I can get behind him. That is not to say he shouldnít be around, he seems to have earned his spot, hopefully he can win me around sooner or later.

KOST Answer: Our four correct answers are Asuka, Nikki Bella, Kurt Angle and Cedric Alexander

KOST Scoreboard
    5 - Spinmaster
    3 - SirSam
    1 - kingzak13

KOST Question: Which wrestler had the most matches on WWE TV in 2017 without winning a match?

ICW Italian Title Match
    Alessandro Corleone (c) vs. Queen Maya

Name of the event: ICW Generation
    Date: 08.04.2017
    Promotion: Italian Championship Wrestling
    Arena: Palestra Comunale

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyL...zDggKT1gpo7OkA

Ciampa vs Gargano should be a fantastic feud for the coming NXT year. However, I'm a little sad that we won't see anymore DIY as I think they could have made a run on the main roster.

I really hope this one is an easy pick but probably not. Going to say Curt Hawkins.

The Brain
    Two guys I'm a big fan of! Sadly, Nakamura's main roster run seems to have been very lackluster, but Ciampa still has the potential to have a great feud with Gargano in NXT when everything finally comes together timing-wise.

Still don't see the attraction of Nakamura.

He's adequate in the ring, but all of his good matches have been against people who could carry him. I've never seen him carry a poor worker to a halfway decent match. Maybe he has potential, but he could use a couple more years in the NXT mid-card before he's ready IMO.

I completely forgot that Nakamura debuted on a MizTV segment, now THAT would have been a much better feud for him coming in, big clash of styles and someone that could carry the mic component effectively. Miz really could have done the 'you've done nothing in WWE' line far better than Ziggler too. Such a shame they had to move him to Raw if for that alone.

To your question, I'll go with Curt Hawkins.

F2F

Spinmaster: #DIY as a main roster tag team would have been great, and you could have left their break up there for more impact. Who knows maybe if it wasn't for Ciampa going into that last match injured that may have been the case.

Mizfan: Yeah that feud should be awesome

DynamiteBillington: I don't know, some of his early NXT matches against Samson and Dillinger were pretty good for regular matches and I wouldn't put them up there as talented enough to be able to carry somebody.

SirSam: Yeah Miz would have been the more obvious choice but it is what it is, not like the Nakamura/Ziggler match was bad or anything.

WWE #18 Jason Jordan
    130 points

The Stats

Minor Shows: 1-2-0
    Raw: 12-10-0
    Smackdown: 6-6-0
    PPV: 2-1-0
    Title Matches: 7
    Raw/SD Main Events: 5
    2016: 42nd (91 points)

Year in Review

Jason Jordan, along with American Alpha partner Chad Gable, would start 2017 as the Smackdown Tag Team Champions, a title that they had won just days before. Before retaining their title in a rematch against former champions The Wyatt American Alpha would start the year with a non-title victory over Breezango. American Alphas second defence would come at Elimination Chamber in a Gauntlet Match where they would enter fifth and eliminate The Usos and The Ascension to retain the title.

Wins against The Ascension and Breezango before a loss to The Usos would see them become the #1 contenders for the title. The match would take place on the March 21 edition of Smackdown and would see the result stay the same as their last meeting and the title changing hands.Their rematch would not happen until a week after Wrestlemania as all four of them would compete in the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal on the kickoff show for Wrestlemania. Again the result would be the same between the two teams.

To get another shot at the titles American Alpha would compete in a Beat the Clock challenge but despite putting on a respectable time of 5:17 this would be cut in half by Breezango in their match thus beating the clock. After this Jordan would not wrestle another match for just over two months, that match being a Battle Royal for the #1 contender for the US Title on Independence Day. This would also be Jordanís last match on Smackdown.

Jordan would make the move to Raw on July 17 when he was revealed as the son of Raw GM Kurt Angle. Over the next few weeks Jordan would pick up victories over Curt Hawkins and Jean-Pierre Goulet while starting a feud with The Miz. After beating The Miz by disqualification on August 14 he would team with the Hardy Boyz later that night to beat Miz and his Miztourage. On the kickoff show for Summerslam the 6-men would have a rematch, this time with Miz and the Miztourage being victorious. This would begin a string of losses for Jordan after he continuously asked his father to put him in matches above his station, matches against Finn Balor, John Cena and Roman Reigns.

Despite losing a #1 contenderís Battle Royal for the Intercontinental Title during those run of losses he would get another shot at #1 contendership on September 18 when he would compete in a six pack challenge that also included Elias, The Miztourage and The Hardy Boyz. After winning this match he would go on to face The Miz at No Mercy but would not be able to get the win. The night after Jordan would join forces with Matt Hardy to face the Miztourage one more time, being victorious in the effort.

The next feud for Jordan would be against Elias who he would beat at TLC. The following night the two would face off again with Jordan winning once again, this time by disqualification, after being blasted with Eliasís guitar. The two would end their feud on November 6 in a Guitar-on-a-Pole match that would see Jordan once again be victorious.

Following the Elias feud Jordan once again start to put himself in matches above his station. While he would beat Bray Wyatt in the first of these matches he would go on to lose to Braun Strowman, Kane, Roman Reigns (Jordan answered an open challenge for Reignís Intercontinental Title) and Seth Rollins over the next month. He even weaseled his way onto the Raw Survivor Series team before being taken out and replaced by Triple H leading up to the event.

The same night Jordan lost to Rollins he would team with Rollins and Ambrose in a losing effort against Cesaro, Sheamus and Samoa Joe. The following week on Christmas Day Jordan would replace the injured Ambrose to team with Rollins and Beat Cesaro and Sheamus for the Raw Tag Team Championship. This win would see Jordan be the first person to hold the Raw, Smackdown and NXT Tag Team Titles.

The Future

When American Alpha first started out I preferred Jordan over Gable, now Iím not so sure. The guy is talented but there is something missing. I think the fact that they replaced him in his tag team with the guy he was to follow the prototype of shows just how little he was performing his role. The storyline he finds himself in had all the potential itís just Jordan doesnít have the chops to pull it off. Donít the track maybe Jordan can build himself up to something but for now a lower midcard spot is his peak.

NXT #18 Tyler Bate
    85 points

The Stats

NXT: 4-3-0
    Takeover: 0-1-0
    Title Matches: 4
    NXT Main Events: 6

Year in Review

After becoming the inaugural UK Champion after winning the UK Tournament in January Tyler Bate would make his NXT debut on February 1 beating Oney Lorcan. His first defence of the title would be a fortnight later when he would successfully defend against Trent Seven. On April 26 he would once again successfully defend the title, this time against Gentleman Jack Gallagher.

At Takeover: Chicago Bate would make his Takeover debut but would lose the title to challenger Pete Dunne. The two would not meet again for another three months (Bates first match on NXT in that entire time) when Bates would team with Moustache Mountain partner Trent Seven to lose to Dunne and his partner Wolfgang on August 23.

Moustache Mountain would have a couple of more matches to end the year the first being a loss to Kyle OíReilly and Bobby Fish on September 20 and a victory over Dunne and Mark Andrews on November 29. Bate would end the year once again trying to get the UK Championship away from Dunne on December 20, failing to do so.

The Future

Straight out here Iíll state I have no interest in the UK Title and normally when the matches come on my brain sort of switches off and pays little attention. In saying that though of who I have seen and paid a tiny bit of attention to Bates is someone I see an upside to in the future, especially for the fact he is only 20 years old. With how talented he already is the skyís the limit, that is if he could just grow a little bigger for the Heavyweight Division.

KOST Answer: Really easy one today Curt Hawkins at 33 matches had the most TV matches without a win in 2017.

KOST Scoreboard
    6 - Spinmaster
    4 - SirSam
    1 - kingzak13

KOST Question: Who had the most matches on Raw without a win in 2017?

Singles Match
    Candyfloss vs. Little Miss Roxxy

Name of the event: NCL.5 Head Over Heels
    Date: 01.07.2017
    Promotion: NORTH Wrestling
    Arena: The Riverside

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdK...8oM9KbyLyEk8ug

So so much effort put into this awesome series. I appreciate the rise of Jordan and find his slow heel burn interesting, while Nak just burnt out into a weird character with limited vocabulary and little spark to show in the ring. I realised that Smackdown doesnít have its Miz or Elias type heel that is credible enough to elevate a rising face like Nak needs. Imagine if Nak came gunz a blazing with Miz promo-omg the shit out of the feud and taking pressure off Nak very limited mic skills.
    Last edited by JacobWrestledGod; 01-13-2018 at 07:51 AM.
    And Jacob wrestled with God.

The Brain
    I'm a fan of Jason Jordan. The whole Angle's son storyline seems kind of silly but from the sound of it, fans are coming around to appreciate it so some extent. I always thought he had more potential than Gable, and I still do!

Bate is a super talented guy... my only beef with him is that he failed to properly come back to CHIKARA and drop the tag titles he and Trent Seven were holding when he started getting booked in the WWE. And he could have done it too, since he came back for King of Trios this year! But he's a talented and entertaining guy, and I can't believe how young he is!

Even though the storyline is silly I enjoy the Jason Jordan is Angle's son stuff. I think he is handling it well and pulling off the spoiled brat type character.

Tyler Bate is a star in the making and he is so great in the ring. He is a technical masterclass in the making and still has a lot of growth.

Wouldn't that still be Curt Hawkins? That's what I'm going to say anyways.

Tyler Bate is amazing, with him, Pete Dunn and Velveteen Dream all under 25 I am very much looking forward to the future.

To answer you it would have to be Curt Hawkins again as he is on Raw. I don't think it is the case but would be funny if the Smackdown wrestler with no wins was Zac Ryder.

F2F

JacobWrestledGod: yeah a bit of effort does go into this but the whole thing is worth it. It is a pity I haven't been able to watch the Jordan turn of late, it sounds like it is going a little better than it was before.

Mizfan: Yeah I hate when the talent don't drop the titles properly, especially when they have the opportunity too but it just never happens. It is a problem with wrestling however that when you get signed to a big company you do what they say to keep the money.

Spinmaster: I like the idea of Angles Son, just in what I had seen it wasn't being executed properly. They had so much lead up hype to it, then it just went nowhere for a long time.

SirSam: Yeah the talent in some of these younger guys is great at the moment. It's that drive to be the best that the current generation has that is going to make for great watching in the years to come.

WWE #17 Bayley
    137 points

The Stats

Minor Shows: 0-1-0
    Raw: 17-12-1
    PPV: 3-4-0
    Raw/SD Main Events: 7
    2016: 50th (81 points)

Year in Review

Bayleyís 2017 started with her in search of the Raw Womenís Title. This would start on January 2 when she would beat Nia Jax to become the #1 contender. Her match for the title would come at the Royal Rumble but she would not be able to beat the champion Charlotte Flair on this occasion. The next time the two would face off for the title would be a different story however as on the February 13 edition of Raw Bayley would get the victory and with it the Raw Womenís Title. At Fastlane Flair would get her rematch but the title would stay firmly in the hands of Bayley.

These wins however were slightly tainted as Sasha Banks had had a hand in both occurrences. Added into the feud, and bringing her current rival with her Nia Jax, the four woman would face off at Wrestlemania in a Fatal-4-Way. On the lead up Bayley would lose to both Banks and Jax in non-title matches but at the PPV she would successfully retain the title.

Due to the superstar shake up Bayley would have a new opponent in the guise of Alexa Bliss to defend her title against at Payback and this new opponent would prove too much for her, losing the match and therefore her title as well. With the next PPV being Extreme Rules Bliss pointed out to Bayley that she was unable to become Extreme because of her good nature and the two were booked in a kendo stick-on-a-pole match. Despite getting her hands on the stick Bayley proved Bliss right by not being able to use it and would end up falling victim to Bliss and once again losing the match.

An attempt to become the #1 contender again a few weeks later failed for Bayley as in a #1 contenders Gauntlet Match she would be the first person eliminated. Despite no longer being in the title picture Bayleyís feud with Bliss would continue as she helped new #1 Contender Sasha Banks fend off Bliss and her muscle Nia Jax. Bayley and Banks would pick up two wins over the duo and then Bayley would finally get a win over Bliss in a non-title match. On July 24 Bayley would beat Banks to once again become the #1 contender for the Raw Womenís Title.

Bayley would not make it to the scheduled match at Summerslam as the week after her victory over Banks she would separate her shoulder in a match with Nia Jax, putting her out of action till after the PPV. On her return however she would still get a shot at the title, being included in the title match at No Mercy, making it a Fatal-5-Way. Bayley would not be successful however with Bliss retaining. After pinning Bayley.

After a few tag team wins Bayley would try to make the Raw Womanís Survivor Series team. Her first try, that of being the captain, would fail, losing a Triple Threat to Alicia Fox but on November 13 she would officially make the team beating dana Brooke and Mickie James in another Triple threat Match. Despite being the first member of Team Raw to be eliminated she would still pick up the win when Asuka was the sole survivor. For the rest of the year Bayley would be part of the feud against Absolution, losing three out of the four tag matches she would be apart of against them.

The Future

It is not an episode of Raw if at some stage I donít turn to my kids and shout ďItís Bayley!Ē enthusiastically. Like Cena her demographic is the little kids, in her place the little girls, and the look on my 6-year olds face whenever she sees her is proof it is working (granted part of her love comes from the fact that she has a brother called Bailey but whoís counting). While there is talk of Bayley not getting the reaction they want I ask you of all the demographics in the crowd who is the least likely to be heard? Itís definitely not the rabid male fan thatís for sure. Instead it will be those young girls with the tiny voices. What you need to do is not use your ears but instead your eyes and you will see just how over she really is. She will be here for years to come and will become a great ambassador for all the little girls who are also wrestling fans.

NXT #17 Peyton Royce
    88 points

The Stats

NXT: 8-7-1
    Takeover: 0-2-0
    Title Matches: 3
    NXT Main Events: 1
    2016: 36th (32 points)

Year in Review

As we have already found out in a King of Stats Trivia question Peyton Royce was a busy girl in 2017, having the most matches on NXT TV. It all started on January 11 when teaming with her Iconic Duo partner Billie Kay they would beat Macey Evans (Lacey Evans) and Sarah Bridges (Sarah Logan). At Takeover: San Antonio both girls would be involved in a Fatal-4-Way for the NXT Womenís Title but would fail to get the title away from the champion Asuka (the match also included Nikki Cross).

On February 22 Royce would beat Ember Moon and Liv Morgan to become the solo #1 contender for the Womenís Title but would fail in her attempt the following week in her match with Asuka. Over the next few months she would pick up victories over Aliyah and Sarah Logan but would suffer a loss to Ember Moon and a tag loss with Kay to Aliyah and Morgan.

After having a couple of months off from in-ring matches on TV Royce would return to action on August 23 with a victory over Logan. A feud would then start between the Iconic Duo and Ruby Riot with Royce picking up a victory over her a week after the Logan Match. Eventually Riot would have enough of the Iconic Duo and request a handicap match but the NXT GM William Regal would not accept that and made it a tag match. In the end there would be two tag matches, one on September 13, the other on October 4, where the Iconic Duo would find themselves on the losing end against Riot and her partner Nikki Cross (who would only appear late in the match, wreak havoc and leave).

With Asuka vacating the NXT Womenís Title to move to the main roster a tournament was held to crown a new champion. On October 11 Royce would beat Morgan and Cross to make the Fatal-4-Way match at Takeover: War Games against Kairi Sane, Nikki Cross and eventual winner Ember Moon. To finish off the year Royce would suffer singles losses to both Sane and Moon.

The Future

It is quite surprising for me to find out that Royce has not just more matches than her Iconic Duo partner but also the more important ones. You just take it for granted that they are one and the same that you donít actually pick which girl they are favouring at the moment. There isnít much I can say about the girls except if anyoneís act on NXT is ready for the main roster than it has to be these two Australians. They have got their act well polished and should go down very well as a heel group, pity there are already a major heel stable on both brands already. Anyway a debut at the Rumble would not surprise me but I think their final call up will be after Wrestlemania so that they can do whatever they are doing with Absolution (if it even exists now with current happenings) and the Riott Squad.

KOST Answer: Figured you would all go that way, unfortunately all his matches were split over multiple different shows. The correct answer is in fact Noam Dar who had 6 more losses than Hawkins on Raw without winning a match.

KOST Scoreboard
    6 - Spinmaster
    4 - SirSam
    1 - kingzak13

KOST Question: Who had the most matches on Smackdown without a win in 2017?

Tag Team Match
    Fairy Nihonbashi & Yako Fujigasaki vs. Natsu Sumire & SAKI

Name of the event: WAVE Be Exciting!
    Date: 02.07.2017
    Promotion: Pro Wrestling WAVE
    Arena: Korakuen Hall

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN1...DLekynuFT14t0g

Peyton is for sure the favorite of the WWE at this time. Wasn't always the case though. I seem to remember a time when the roles were reversed and it was Billie getting the title shots while Peyton stood outside and cheered. I guess Peyton was showing them more in the performance center and in the ring.

Bayley Bayley Bayley.... boy did the WWE ever screw her up when she transitioned to the main roster. Went from the most loved woman in WWE to an afterthought. Wow.

Most losses on Smackdown.... Going with James Ellsworth because I don't have a clue.

Peyton seems the best chance us Aussies have at snagging a world championship any time soon and for that she has my fandom. She is also pretty damn good at what she does too and will fit into the main roster style even better than she does NXT. As for thr whole Bayley thing, the IWC turning on her has been one of the stupidest things I've seen in recent wrestling history, I just do not get it. What, you boo because she didn't get pushed the very way you had in mind and you boo because she has struggled on the mic at times? I mean what is the point that of that? What does it hope to achieve?

No idea who the answer was, if I had to pick after the shake up I would have guessed it would be Jinder Mahal but we all know that isn't th case. My guess will be Lana because I can't think of anyone else without at least one win

The Brain
    Cheers to both these ladies! WWE may have made a hash of Bayley's main roster career, but I'm still a fan of her. The bits I've seen of the Iconic Duo are incredibly fun too. I'm gonna have so many matches to watch when I finally get to them!!

F2F

Spinmaster: Yeah 2016 it was definitely more about Billie Kay, that is why I was shocked to find it was Royce in 2017.

SirSam: I am unsure which of the Iconic Duo girls will do it first but I definitely know one of them will. The IWC is a fickle bunch, I try to ignore them as much as I can.

Mizfan: How long does this damn holiday of yours go for?

WWE #16 Samoa Joe
    138 points

The Stats

Minor Shows: 0-2-0
    Raw: 16-6-2
    PPV: 3-3-0
    Raw/SD Main Events: 9
    PPV Main Events: 4
    2016: 78th (38 points)

Year in Review

While officially starting 2017 as part of the NXT roster Samoa Joe would not have a single match on the show. This was because on January 30 Joe would make his debut on Raw attacking Seth Rollins. The next week Joe would make his in-ring main roster debut, beating Roman Reigns. His next match would be three weeks later when he would get a victory over Cesaro, following it up with a victory over Sami Zayn at Fastlane.

On March 13 Joe would suffer his first main roster loss when teaming with Kevin Owens they would get disqualified against Zayn and Chris Jericho. Even though he picked up another victory over Zayn Joe would find himself without a match at Wrestlemania, missing his first chance to compete on the grandest stage of them all. After Wrestlemania Rollins would look for revenge on Joe for the attack back in January with the two facing off at Payback with Joe suffering his first singles loss. A week later the result would be the same between the two, this time however only by disqualification.

After beating Finn Balor and Bray Wyatt in a Triple threat match on May 29 Joe would go onto Extreme Rules and beat Wyatt, Balor, Rollins and Reigns to become the #1 contender for the Universal Title. After singles victories over Reigns and Rollins Joe would go onto Great Balls of Fire to face Brock Lesnar for the title. Despite putting on a big effort, nearly beating Lesnar by the Coquina Clutch before being caught by the F5 and losing the match. This would not be Joeís last chance at the title though as a #1 contenders match between him and Reigns on July 17 would go to a no-contest and as a result the two of them and Braun Strowman would go to Summerslam to face Lesnar in a Fatal-4-Way.

Losing the match at Summerslam and then a tag match the next night with The Miz against Reigns and John Cena things were looking a little down for Joe. Things did not get better for him as at a house show he would suffer a knee injury which would put him out of action for 2 months. Upon his return on October 30 Joe seemed to have regained his potency easily dispatching Apollo Crews. After going to a double countout with Finn Balor the two were forced to team with each other against The Club as a way to get on the same page ready for them teaming together at Survivor Series as part of Team Raw. after beating The Club Joe would go to Survivor Series and despite being eliminated by John Cena would be part of the winning team.

The night after Survivor Series Joe would get a win over Balor before setting his sights on The Shield. After beating Dean Ambrose and then teaming with Cesaro and Sheamus to first lose to the Shield at Tribute to the Troops and then beat Ambrose, Rollins and their partner Jason Jordan on Raw Joe would go to the Christmas Day Raw to face Reigns for the Intercontinental Title. Despite winning the match Joe would not leave champion as Reigns would get himself disqualified.

The Future

If Joeís in ring year is anything to go by he seems to be finding the form that made him such a big name. His match against Lesnar was one of my favourite of the year, a rarity when it comes to Lesnar. I donít know if they plan to let him be anything in the long run but even just going from main eventer t main eventer and putting on these awesome matches is good enough for me. Joe doesnít need to be champion, he just needs to be Joe.

NXT #16 Pete Dunne
    93 points

The Stats

NXT: 6-1-0
    Takeover: 1-0-0

Year in Review

The runner up in the WWE UK Tournament Pete Dunne would make his NXT debut on February 22 with a victory over Mark Andrews. After becoming the #1 contender for the UK Title at the special UK Championship Special Dunne would face the wrestler who beat him in the final of the UK Tournament, Tyler Bate, at Takeover: Chicago. In what is being regarded as the best match on all of WWE TV in 2017 Dunne would get the victory over Bate becoming the second ever UK Champion.

Now as champion Dunne would start to appear more on NXT, the first being in a match against Danny Burch on May 31. Winning this match he would then go on to team with Wolfgang to beat Bate and his Moustache Mountain partner Trent Seven on August 23. As part of a deal struck with Wolfgang to get him to partner with him Dunne had to give him a shot at the title. This match happened on September 13 with Dunne retaining his title.

To end the year Dunne would first successfully defend his title against Johnny Gargano on November 22 and then team with Mark Andrews to lose to Moustache Mountain the following week. His last match of the year would be on December 20 when he would successfully retain the title once more wrestling Tyler Bate once more.

The Future

Two days ago I said I donít pay much attention to the UK division but it is really hard not to pay attention to Dunne, he just seems to grab your attention. He just seems to have his gimmick all worked out, that of the Bruiserweight, all the way from his facial impressions to his in ring style. I canít wait to see him break into a division I care more about to see what he is really capable of doing. Only time will tell if he can be a success in the WWE. At least he has age on his side.

KOST Answer: Itís funny, SirSam only two days ago mentioned that it could be Zack Ryder that had lost the most Smackdown matches without a win yet when it came time to pick he went elsewhere. The correct answer is in fact Ryder with the poor guy losing 9 from 9 on Smackdown in 2017.

KOST Scoreboard
    6 - Spinmaster
    4 - SirSam
    1 - kingzak13

KOST Question: Who had the most matches on NXT without a win in 2017?

PWP Catch Division Title Match
    Kelly Sixx (c) vs. Bobbi Tyler

Name of the event: PWP Maximum Mayhem Tour - Day 2
    Date: 27.01.2017
    Promotion: Pro Wrestling Pride
    Arena: Albemarle Centre

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/ProWrestlingPrideUk

The Brain
    A long damn time!!

Samoa Joe is a guy who could lay legitimate claim to being the best in the world in the mid 00s. These days I don't think he's quite on that level, but it's nice that he was able to revitalize himself so much after letting himself go for so many years. Pete Dunne is a guy who exudes personality, ugly though it may be, and I think he could have a very high ceiling when all is said and done. Digging the series Wayne, good stuff!

Thought Joe might be higher than that, but I guess stats don't lie!

American Alpha should never have split up. Especially as the plan was to basically recreate the team without Jordan. Life-long tag teams FTW

I wish Joe had come to WWE in the mid 00s, but it wasn't meant to be I guess. He's doing good now but it could have been better. Dunne is awesome. Enough said.

I have no clue again. Going with Riddick Moss.

F2F

Mizfan: I didn't think Joe good get his quality back, when he first came into NXT he still seemed a little off but he got there in the end.

DynamiteBillington: Just comes down to Joe not having as many matches as others, misses out on those extra points. As to American Alpha the remaking of the same team dynamic does seem like a stupid idea.

Spinmaster: I honestly don't know if Joe would have fitted at that time actually, WWE was a far different landscape at that time.

WWE #15 Charlotte Flair
    140 points

The Stats

Minor Shows: 1-0-0
    Raw: 3-6-0
    Smackdown: 12-9-1
    PPV: 4-5-0
    Title Matches: 9
    Raw/SD Main Events: 4
    2016: 14th (178 points)

Year in Review

Charlotte Flair started 2017 the same way she did 2016, a champion. As the Raw Womenís Champion Flair had just ended her lengthy feud with Sasha Banks and was coming in fresh looking for new opponents, the first of which would be Bayley. Charlotteís first match of the year would be a victory, teaming with Nia Jax to beat Banks and Bayley and would follow it up at the Royal Rumble with a successful title defence against Bayley. Flair would not be able to shake Bayley however as she would earn another title shot the following night when she would team with Cesaro and Sheamus to beat Flair and The Club.

This time Flair would not be so lucky, losing the title to Bayley on the February 13 episode of Raw. The two would have a rematch at Fastlane but once again Flair could not get the victory over Bayley. Before getting moved to Smackdown in the Superstar Shakeup Flair would get one more shot at the title as part of a Fatal-4-Way at Wrestlemania but once again Bayley left as champion. Flair would end her run on Raw in a 4-match losing spree, the last loss being against Nia Jax on April 10.

Smackdown Commissioner Shane McMahon would personally welcome Flair to Smackdown on April 11 and labelled as their biggest acquisition of the shakeup. Her first match on the blue brand would be a week later when in a non-title match she would beat the champion Naomi. The next week she would be awarded a title match because of the win but after interference from Natalya, Carmella and Tamina (self named as The Welcoming Committee) the match was deemed a no-contest. At Backlash Flair and Naomi, joined by Becky Lynch, would try to get revenge against The Welcoming Committee but would fail in the attempt.

After a few tag matches with The Welcoming Committee and a singles victory over their leader Natalya Flair would compete in the Money in the Bank ladder match but would not be able to retrieve the briefcase. At the next PPV Battleground she would try to become the #1 contender for the Smackdown Womenís Championship but would lose to Natalya in a Fatal-5-way, being the lady who took the fall.

Due to health issues of her father Ric Flair Charlotte would miss around six weeks of action. Her return would come on September 19 where she would beat Becky Lynch, Naomi and Tamina to become the new #1 contender for the Smackdown Womenís Title. Her match against champion Natalya would happen at Hell in a Cell and even though Flair won it would only be by disqualification after Natalya hit her with a chair, thus she would not win the title on this occasion. The occasion when Flair would beat Natalya for the title came more than a month later on the November 14 edition of Smackdown.

Due to Natalya being champion she would go to Survivor Series to face Rawís champion Alexa Bliss. After beating Bliss she would return to Smackdown and successfully defend her title against Natalya in her rematch. Flair would defend her title one more time in 2017, beating Natalya in a Lumberjack Match at Clash of Champions.

The Future

Before I go into this section I just wanted to point out a little fun fact. With Charlotte starting the year as Raw Womenís Champion and ending as Smackdown Womenís Champion we have a situation where both titles were held by the same people at the start of the years as do at the end just in reverse. This is due to Alexa Bliss being the champion of the other brand at the beginning and end of the year.

Anyway as to Charlotte while I love her work and what not I feel like she is a little bit too forced fed to us. I understand their reasoning but there is room for her to go on a backburner a touch. Anyway while she is still top of the heap we know we will be in for some interesting matches in the near future, and further down the track too as her career continues.

NXT #15 Asuka
    96 points

The Stats

NXT: 3-0-1
    Takeover: 4-0-0
    2016: 3rd (130 points)

Year in Review

Already in the KOST questions we have already pointed out how Asuka went undefeated in 2017 but the question is is who were her victims on her way? Well it all started at Takeover: San Antonio when she would face both members of The Iconic Duo, along with Nikki Cross, in a Fatal-4-Way match for her NXT Womenís Title. Her next victory would come on March 1 when she defended her title in singles action against Peyton Royce.

Her only non-title match on NXT would be on March 22 when she would beat Princess Zuniga. At Takeover: Orlando she would defend the title against Ember Moon and then a little more than a month later would follow it up at Takeover: Chicago in a Triple Threat match against Ruby Riot and Nikki Cross (the match was supposed to be a Fatal-4-Way but Ember Moon had to be pulled due to injury). This match also saw Asuka officially break the record for the longest winning streak in WWE history.

The three ladies would have another match, this time an elimination match, on June 14. This match would be Asukaís only blemish for the year as her and Cross would go to a no contest (Riot was already eliminated), thus sending the match to a draw. Asuka and Cross would meet two weeks later with Asuka of course winning their Last Woman Standing match. At Takeover: Brooklyn III Asuka would have her last match in NXT when she would defend her title once more against Ember Moon.

During the match with Moon Asuka would break her right collarbone thus putting her out of action for a while. Instead of stripping the title from her due to injury she was instead relieved of the title by NXT GM William Regal as he was in talks with Raw and Smackdown to have her move to the main roster. At TLC she made that debut.

The Future
    First off I just want to point out that Asuka is not actually undefeated, her first match on NXT was a Battle Royal which was won by Carmella but of course WWE doesnít take into consideration those sort of losses. Disregarding that match she has now gone 33 matches to this point without suffering a loss, though she did have that no-contest mentioned above.

Now with that out of the way let's talk her future. I wonít deny that Asuka is destined for greatness, I just donít think it will come just as quick as people think. Most people have her pegged as the Rumble winner and winning the title at Wrestlemania, I honestly donít think this is the case. Asuka hasnít done anything for merit yet to receive this push, yes her skill is there but the casual fan isnít ready for her sudden jump to the top. Asuka needs more time to build. They need to see her have this long winning streak, not just be told it happened in NXT. If you didnít see it it didnít happen, that sort of thing. Talk to me again this time next year and things will be a different story.

KOST Answer: This was a hard one. The correct answer is in fact Lacey Evans.

KOST Scoreboard
    6 - Spinmaster
    4 - SirSam
    1 - kingzak13

KOST Question: Who had the most matches on PPV without a win in 2017?

Singles Match
    Alexis Lee vs. Emi Sakura

Name of the event: ZERO1 Hong Kong Winter Fever 6
    Date: 08.01.2017
    Promotion: Pro Wrestling ZERO1 Hong Kong
    Arena: Y-Studio

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HKWFOfficalChannel

The Brain
    Two more of my favorites dropping today! And probably the most exciting match up the main roster women have to offer me, when it finally happens. I truly dig both of these ladies and all they have accomplished taking very different paths. Nice to see some women clocking high-ish in the countdown as well! The "revolution" may have been a PR move, but it has some positive effect just the same.

I see the two women here and all I can do is imagine a match between them. Different brands means I may have to wait a while but I think it will be worth it. Charlotte, though forced on us, is a fantastic wrestler who entertains in the majority of her matches. Asuka is quite possibly the best female wrestler in the WWE at this time. Both will be the stars of the division for years to come.

F2F

Mizfan: It would be an interesting match but I think Sasha is better suited to Asuka, we will just have to wait and see.

Spinmaster: I think you are right there. Those two ladies will be the ones carrying the ball for the next few years.

WWE #14 Sasha Banks
    148 points

The Stats

Minor Shows: 1-2-0
    Raw: 20-13-2
    PPV: 5-2-0
    Raw/SD Main Events: 6
    2016: 22nd (141 points)

Year in Review

In what would be a minor upset when you look at the year of Charlotte Flair and Alexa Bliss in 2017 compared to today's entry you wouldn’t be remiss in saying that this was a little bit of an upset. But due to having a touch more matches and a far better win/loss record Sasha Banks is the 2017 WWE Female Superstar of the Year.

After being ruled out of any more Raw Women’s Title shots while Flair was still champion Banks would start the year feuding with Nia Jax. They would first face off in a tag match on January 9 in with Banks teaming with Bayley in a losing situation against Jax and Flair. Banks would keep on the losing trend losing to Jax on both the kickoff show for the Royal Rumble and the following nights Raw. Banks would get her first win of the year on February 20 when she would beat Flair. After another tag loss Banks would finally get a win over Jax at Fastlane and then would pick up victories over Bayley and Dana Brooke.

At Wrestlemania Banks would compete in an elimination match for the Raw Women’s Championship but would be the second person eliminated. Two weeks later Banks would appear in a #1 contenders Fatal-4-Way match but was not able to stay in the title picture. Over the next month Banks would waste time in a small feud with Alicia Fox with the three having 3 singles matches on Raw, Banks winning two and the other Fox. At Extreme Rules Banks would team with Rich Swann to beat Fox and Noam Dar.

On June 26 Banks would be the last person to enter a Gauntlet Match for the #1 contendership, giving her the best chance to win, which she did. Her match for the title would come at Great Balls of Fire but she would not be successful in her attempt as Bliss would get herself intentionally counted out. Even though Banks officially won the match, just not the title, she was not automatically offered a rematch. Instead she would have to face Bayley in a #1 contenders match on July 24, a match that would go in Bayley’s favor. Bayley however would suffer an injury in the coming weeks and a new contender needed to be found. Banks would be involved in this match, beating Nia Jax to win the right to face Bliss at Summerslam.

After leaving Summerslam as champion Banks was on the lookout for a lengthy reign. This however would not be the case as only 8 days later Sasha Bank’s main roster curse would take effect. For the fourth time Banks would lose the title in her first title defence, losing it back to Bliss in her rematch. Banks would not however get her own 1on1 rematch, instead being part of a Fatal-5-Way at No Mercy where Bliss would retain.

Once again out of the title picture Banks would once again start to feud with Alicia Fox. Banks would beat Fox on October 16, and then again on the kickoff show for TLC, but would lose to her in a Triple Threat to become the captain of the Raw Women’s Survivor Series team. Despite this loss Banks would still be part of the team that would beat Smackdown even though she herself would be eliminated. Banks would end the year along with the other women of Raw locked in battle with Absolution.

The Future
    Banks is an interesting thing in terms of what the WWE want to do with her. They want to keep spotlighting her, giving her big match after big match but never letting her run with anything. It puts me in mind of the Hardys back in the day. They would always be used for those big matches but were always the last to be given the run with the title, they won them but they never kept them long. While in the long run most people will forget she never had a successful defence of a title and just remember she is a 4-time champ but at least a longer reign should come her way sooner or later shouldn’t it?

NXT #14 Nikki Cross
    100 points

The Stats

NXT: 6-2-2
    Takeover: 1-3-0
    NXT Main Events: 3
    2016: 50th (20 points)

Year in Review

Our first of the four SAnitY members to grace our countdown comes in its most insane, Nikki Cross. Despite her affiliation with SAnitY however the majority of the year was about her personally as she would only team once with her male team members.

Starting the year off with a victory over Kennedy Lewis Cross would go to Takeover: San Antonio to unsuccessfully compete for the NXT Women’s Championship in a Fatal-4-Way Match. Next on the list for her was a victory over Macey Estrella before going to Takeover: Orlando to team with the rest of SAnitY to beat Ruby Riot, Kassius Ohno, Roderick Strong and Tye Dillinger.

While still being around to help the boys out when needed the majority of Storm’s focus for most of the rest of the year would be on the title. The first stop for this was on May 3 when she would appear in a Battle Royal to name the #1 contender. When the match came down to the final three the champion Asuka would attack sending the match to a no-contest. The match for the title was set for a Fatal-4-Way at Takeover: Chicago but was made a Triple Threat after Ember Moon suffered an injury. Asuka would retain the title in that match and would defend it against both women again a couple of weeks later. Due to this match being an elimination match Ruby Riot was eliminated leaving it to just Cross and Asuka. The two of them would fight to a no contest so two weeks later they faced off in a Last Woman Standing match with Asuka leaving with the title.

Once Asuka left NXT and the title was held up Cross would once again set her sites on the title (first though she did have two matches where Riot was facing the Iconic Duo where Cross would sneak into the match later, do the damage and then leave again for Riot to get the pin). Unsuccessful in making the title match in her qualifying Triple Threat Cross would enter the second chance Battle Royal, leaving the match victorious. At Takeover: War Games however the result would not go her way with Ember Moon winning instead.

The Future
    Cross is easily my favourite female on the active NXT roster (Dakota Kai probably has her beat) and most likely only second to Bayley if you include the main roster. From what I saw on her days in the indies and now her work for NXT I find she is a very unique individual in a place she needs to be so. I could see noone better who could fit into SAnity other than her and I hope that soon she comes up with the team. I;m looking forward to it.

KOST Answer: So no guesses today? Well that’s ok the answer I was looking for is Rusev.

KOST Scoreboard
    6 - Spinmaster
    4 - SirSam
    1 - kingzak13

KOST Question: Who had the most Title matches on all WWE TV in 2017?

Singles Match
    Alisinn Jade vs. Kacee Carlisle

Name of the event: Dynasty No Escape
    Date: 01.07.2017
    Promotion: The Dynasty
    Arena: Bethlehem YMCA

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/Dynastyprowrestling

Last edited by zzzorf; 01-17-2018 at 09:01 AM.

The Brain
    I've actually never been that fond of Sasha, she had this enormous hype a few years ago but I can't say I feel it's really panned out, though I'm sure that's partly due to mishandling. Nikki Cross though, big fan of hers! Great character and ability, that's a winning combination as usual!

Been keeping up with the series on the quiet, everyone has made sense so far, a bit surprised at Dunne being this high since I didn't think he had much.

As for today, I like Cross, Sasha's kinda meh for me, she is a good wrestler but as a face her character just is meh.

Most title matches, I think that goes to Jinder as much as it sickens me.

Woo! Nikki Cross. Currently my favorite women's wrestler and character in the entire WWE. I get a kick out of everything she does and then she gets in the ring and has some great little matches. I hope they don't change her when she goes to the main roster. She could be a breath of fresh air in either division. I enjoy Sasha but I prefer her as a heel and hope she returns to that soon.

Most title matches on all WWE tv? Going with Seth Rollins

Wow women all over this countdown. I ain't complaining they are some high quality workers everyone one of them. Kind of crazy quirk of the starts that Banks is higher than both champions when a lot of fans have proclaimed that she has been sent to jobber oblivion. I think she will always be one program away from being a legitimate champ but wouldn't have e thought she'd be that high. With championship matches I'm going with Dean Ambrose who was in and out of the world, intercontinental and tag title scenes for most of the year.

F2F

Mizfan: With Banks I find myself going hot and cold sometimes, not really knowing which side of the fence I come down on. As to Cross it just took me a couple of viewings in her indy days to know she was going to be something special and unique.

kingzak13: Glad to have you back, the KOST scoreboard was missing your name at the top.

Spinmaster: I don't really know if they can change her, the character she has now is ab extension of her indy character, she may not be able to do much else.

SirSam: Yeah the women do seem to be showing up a lot, but particularly the same days. It's funny since when I did this the first time 5 years ago, no women made the top 30 at all. How can Banks be a jobber when her won/loss is in the positives? Doesn't really make sense does it?

WWE #13 Jinder Mahal
    148 points

The Stats

Minor Shows: 2-2-0
    Raw: 2-8-1
    Smackdown: 9-6-0
    PPV: 6-1-0
    Title Matches: 8
    Raw/SD Main Events: 8
    PPV Main Events: 3
    2016: 89th (30 points)

Year in Review

When I did this countdown last year who would have thought that this year I would be doing an entry for Jinder Mahal, let alone one this high. Then again who would have thought that Mahal would have had the year he did in 2017.

2017 started for Mahal on Raw teaming with Rusev. Despite coming into the year on a three match losing streak Mahal would pick up a win in his first match when him and Rusev would beat Big Cass in a handicap match. This would become Mahalís habit on his time on Raw, lose a few and then win one, rinse and repeat. His entire record on Raw would be 5-10-1, but his only wins on Raw proper would be the handicap match and an eight-man tag match, the other three coming on Main Event (Sin Cara once and Curtis Axel twice). His losses would include losing to Cesaro at Fastlane (where his partnership with Rusev would end due to an injury to Rusev) and as part of the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal on the kickoff show for Wrestlemania where he was the runner-up.

Due to the superstar shake-up Mahal would find himself moving from Raw to Smackdown In his first match for the blue brand it looked like nothing would change for Mahal, losing to the man who beat him in the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal Mojo Rawley. His second match however would prove that things were going to be different when he would win a six-pack challenge which would see him become #1 contender for the WWE Championship.

At Backlash, in his fifth straight win, Mahal would do the unthinkable and beat Randy Orton to become the new WWE Champion. On June 6 he would follow up the win by fixing his only blemish on his Smackdown resume up to that date beating Rawley in singles action. Then to prove that his win wasnít a fluke at Backlash he would beat Orton once again at Money in the Bank. Another two wins would follow for Mahal before beating Orton for a third time at Battleground in a Punjabi Prison Match.

It would be Orton however who would end Mahalís winning streak as two weeks after their Punjabi Prison match they would face off a fourth time, this time without the title on the line, and it would be here that Mahal would lose. The following week after Mahal lost a match to John Cena by disqualification the Money in the Bank contract holder Baron Corbin would cash in his contract on Mahal. Due to a distraction by Cena on the outside however the cash in was not successful with Mahal retaining his title.

Next up for Mahal was Shinsuke Nakamura. The two would face off at Summerslam with Mahal continuing his reign as champion. At Hell in a Cell the pair would once again face each other for the title and once again Mahal would retain.

Next Mahal would do the unthinkable and call out the Universal Champion Brock Lesnar for a match at Survivor Series. The match was accepted by Lesnar and was signed ready to go however Mahal would never make it to the match. On November 7 Mahal would lose his title to AJ Styles on Smackdown thus ruling him out of the champion v champion match. At Clash of Champions, the PPV after Survivor Series, Mahal would have his rematch but once again would lose the match to Styles.

Mahal would end the year in search for the US Title winning a first round match against Tye Dillinger in the tournament to name a new champion.

The Future
    I really doubt that Mahal will ever have a year again like he did in 2017, hell Iím still surprised he had it in the first place. There was moments where I thought the experiment would work but in the long run it was a lot of wasted time that could have gone to someone else. I believe while they will try to keep Mahal as a thing by the time I do this countdown next year Mahal will not be a part of it.

NXT #13 Alexander Wolfe
    103 points

The Stats

NXT: 5-2-1
    Takeover: 2-1-0
    Title Matches: 2
    Takeover Main Events: 1
    2016: 46th (22 points)

Year in Review

SAnitY has their second day in a row with Alexander Wolfe coming in just above Nikki Cross. However unlike Cross, and in fact either of the other SAnitY members Eric Young and Killian Dain, Wolfe would not wrestle any singles matches in 2017, only tag matches. His first match of the year would take place on February 8, in fact his first two matches would be. Wolfe and Dain would start the show beating the Bollywood Boyz and then would team with Young in the main event to beat Tye Dillinger, Roderick Strong and No Way Jose.

A rematch between the two teams would happen again on March 22 but it would go to a no-contest. This would lead to another match to take place at NXT Takeover: Orlando but with the added inclusion of Cross and Ruby Riot on the respective teams. Before the show SAnitY would take out No Way Jose who would be replaced with Kassius Ohno. Even this however was not enough to stop SAnitY still winning the match.

On May 31 Wolfe would lose his first match of the year when him and Dain would face Ohno and Strong. This loss would only be a blimp in the road however as the pair would go on to beat The Ealy Twins and then Ohno & Hideo Itami in the coming weeks.

I will leave it for there today saves repeating myself in a few days for Killian Dainís entry. If you want to find out what happened with SAnitY for the rest of the year you will just have to come back and read then.

The Future
    While SAnitY is great as a whole I find that Wolfe gets swallowed up behind the larger than life characters elsewhere in the team. If the call up comes as a stable then Wolfe should be fine but if the group splits up instead I am not sure how he will function on his own. Still all the same SAnitY would not be SAnitY without him so for now I am happy with where he is and maybe he will be able to have some growth so when he strikes out on his own he is ready.

KOST Answer: Even with three different guesses no one got todayís answer as it was in fact Cesaro who had the most title matches on WWE TV in 2017.

KOST Scoreboard
    6 - Spinmaster
    4 - SirSam
    1 - kingzak13

KOST Question: Which three wrestlers had the most Title matches on all NXT TV in 2017?

Mixed Tag Team Match
    Dan Evans & Natalie Wild vs. Lizzy Styles & Troy McCarthy

Name of the event: JDW Star Wrestling
    Date: 07.05.2017
    Promotion: Just Do Wrestling
    Arena: Windle Labour Club

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPT...KJmKdC7as4uxGg

Oh Jinder, what a scary year it's been. I can't believe he was the WWE champion. There had to be better options, right? It's made me question my entire wrestling fandom (at least with WWE). At least it seems to be over now.

Title matches on NXT tv? Bobby Roode, Authors of Pain