Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doctor Who

Do you think there’s a whole “purists choice” with Troughton that goes missing when the fan polls come round? He’s always middling in those but rarely low when I see true fan rankings.

Maybe its the fact that most of Troughton's eps are missing? Seeing him in action is the best part and the reason why i'd rank him so high. Audio doesn't do him justice.

Samuel Plan
    It's probably something of a mixture of both. There's a lot of casual fandom around Doctor Who, I think. Not to be some old curmudgeon who prattles on about the good old days, but I do definitely think that the younger generation of fans who clambered aboard when it really starting to become the in thing during Tennant's tenure really find that the older stuff is lost on them. I think you need to have a certain appreciation for the charm - and the frequent strength of the writing - in the older serials, and without it a lot of the older Doctors won't be half as fun to watch. Troughton is also so far historically removed now that there's bound to be something of a depreciation in his efforts, sadly.

He will always remain high on my list, though. Fantastic portrayal and really built the foundation that Baker and Tennant and Smith and everyone else who came after continued to build on top of. Plus, Troughton's chemistry with Pertwee was just utterly delightful to watch on screen.
    101 WWE Matches To See Before You Die: The Book is now available to buy on Amazon UK, Amazon US and Amazon Europe! Just search for "101 WWE Matches" and it'll pop up!

~ Samuel Plan

Well over a month later, I'm finally watching the Christmas special! Took me long enough

Samuel Plan
    What did you think Clive?

Man, I hate it when they have a long turn around between the Crimbo eps and the series when there's a new Doctor in tow. That there's also a new show runner as well makes the wait even more of a killer for me!
    101 WWE Matches To See Before You Die: The Book is now available to buy on Amazon UK, Amazon US and Amazon Europe! Just search for "101 WWE Matches" and it'll pop up!

~ Samuel Plan

Squared
    Meanwhile the Whovians have been losing their shit at the prospect of Billie Piper coming back in the next series....

@lopprimetime

As a big fan of Rose and Billie Piper... I have to wonder what the reason to be to bring her back?

Samuel Plan
    There's talk of bringing Rose back? Again? Not sure how I feel about that....

There’s all sorts of fanfic sites going mad over Rose/current doctor stories. I had to stop reading after 25 or so as there’s only so much one man can take. But yes, it does appear she may be returning.

I think i'd be fine with a return if it wasn't the first year of a new doctor/ showrunner. The casting of a female doctor should be enough to draw interest. You don't need to stunt cast Rose into a role for an episode.