Thread: What are you looking forward to in 2018?

Squared

What are you looking forward to in 2018?

Simple premise here, what developments and releases are you excited about in the next year?

@lopprimetime

Man, I don't really know of too many, and my dang backlog is big! I have like 5 games still in the shrink wrap, but was going to tackle the South Park games here shortly.

The only 2018 game that I know of that I am day 1 is Red Dead Redemption 2. The Rockstar guys make incredible games that you can get lost in for hundreds of hours, so it will be a lot of fun.

For Playstation Exclusives, the new God of War based on Norse mythology is right up my alley, and I like what I saw from Sucker Punch with their recently debuted game called Ghost of Tsushima, based in feudal Japan.

It will be interesting to see what Nintendo does with the Switch. They have released some of their big hitters (Zelda/Mario) already, so I wonder what they will have in store in 2018.

Gotta say my faith in the current generation of AAA gaming was really squashed out of me this year. The two biggest games I cared about and wanted to love Star Wars Battlefront and Mass Effect were huge let downs. If it hadn't been for playing The Witcher 3 at the start I would say this year was a complete wash so naturally I'm not really looking forward to a whole lot in 2018.

As DB said above me Red Dead Redemption looks very good and I will also be excited for The Last of Us 2 which I think is also scheduled for 2018 apart from them though I will just see what pops up and becomes popular.