Thread: Bushwhacker Luke Williams

Squared

Bushwhacker Luke Williams

Just wondering if anyone else realised that Bushwhacker Luke is still working at the age of 70? Not just local stuff either, he was over in the UK working for the WAW promotion, better known as Paige's dad's company, just this year.

If you'd have told me that sixteen years after Butch Miller hung it up a 70 year old Luke would still be taking international commitments, I wouldn't have believed you.

Unreal. Good on him though. Keep that dream alive.

The Brain
    I just got up to the Bushwhackers debut in my Heenan Series watching, and they are fucking unbearable. The vignettes might be funny if they weren't literally screaming every word, and their matches aren't much better. Not looking forward to this run...

Squared
    Light relief and all that. Can't say much more about it than that.

Although as it did prolong their career for a long time, and Luke is still working to date with that shtick, it's hard to hold it against 'em. Smart money is they'd have been done much earlier if they had been working as they had as the Sheepherders.

Super Moderator
    Luke's a good dude.

He's a massively respected booker, has an incredible mind, and still manages to get a reaction.

Squared
    I'd heard that before. Was it Puerto Rico he did a lot of that? But yeah, can remember when I found out that guy who used to lick people had been a bit of a hardcore icon, and then the surprise was confounded when it turned out he did have that big ol' wrestling brain. Goes to show about books and covers, I guess.

While I wouldn't have had them going for the tag titles, I always used to get a kick out of the act, so I'm glad for him. And it's good for everyone - I mean, I don't know the kind of shows he'll be working in the States, but the smart money is on the shows he's worked in the UK he'll be the biggest name on the card, and probably comes from an era where it'll still translate to a few extra butts in seats even though he wasn't a big singles star.

The Brain
    Oh yeah, nothing against either guy for taking on the shtick they did.

I just really, really do not enjoy watching it on personal level. Not entertaining to me at all.

Squared
    Quote Originally Posted by mizfan View Post
    I just really, really do not enjoy watching it on personal level. Not entertaining to me at all.
    Well, as you know from some of our other conversations, I can certainly empathise!

I know plenty of people who'd agree with you for what it's worth.