Thread: How Could Disney/Fox Merger Impact Marvel Movies?

How Could Disney/Fox Merger Impact Marvel Movies?

In case you somehow missed it, it's looking increasingly likely that Fox and Disney will be merging. Specifically, Fox will retain rights to its news, sports and television channels and such, but will be sending the movie making side of things off to the Mouse.

That, of course, opens the door for the Marvel cinematic universes to finally come together. The ramifications of this are HUGE, to say the least.

What are some of the more interesting things you guys could see coming from it?

26 letters... 26 columns... 26 days...

Disney will own everything by 2020. They purchased the rights to my neighbor's cat last Tuesday.

Seriously though. Wolverine vs. Hulk. Any other questions?
    I think it's awesome that the word lisp has an "s" in it.

Squared
    I guess the big issue potentially is that people have liked Marvel movies generally speaking, so unless the same people are left in charge there is always a risk involved.

As for Wolverine vs Hulk, to the casual fan it's a meh unless you can sell it specifically.

ummm...How will they address the two Quicksilvers?

The Disney one is dead, and the Fox one is alive.

The Disney one was created, and the Fox one is Magneto's son.

I do not read Marvel, only DC, so I do not know if Marvel has anything like the DC Multiverse. If they do, then there is the simplest easiest answer on how to merge the two vastly different groups of the Fantastic Four and the X-Men.

Squared
    Didn't they mash up Avengers, X-Men and Fantastic Four in the comics anyway?

I don't think I saw the second lot of Fantastic Four stuff they did, just the first go around. What's the difference?

They'll probably reboot the X-Men/Fox side.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime Time View Post
    Didn't they mash up Avengers, X-Men and Fantastic Four in the comics anyway?

I don't think I saw the second lot of Fantastic Four stuff they did, just the first go around. What's the difference?
    The New FF movie from about a 1.5 years ago was the worst piece of shit ever. Do not even waste your time. Batman and Robin is much better than that god awful piece of dog shit.

Most of the Franchise was well received. Origins: Wolverine and Apocalypse were not.

It did well enough at the Box Office because it was the sequel to DOFP, but it was terrible. Magneto was reduced to a sidekick/minion. The "new' mutants introduced had little character development, and they completely re-hashed the Quicksilver scene b/c that was the best part of DOFP. Apocalypse himself was not even an enduring or scary villain. He was rushed and boring. Apocalypse is the beginning of the mutants, and we got almost no backstory. He recruited the 4 Horsemen. Why? What were their purpose? Never really explained or delved into. The costume and look to Apocalypse was even bad. If any X-Men villain needed a great movie, it would be him. But they got nothing. Also the Wolverine cameo, was fun, but really messes with the continuity even further.

Looking back on it now, it is extremely similar to the Tom Cruise awful piece of crap reboot of the Mummy even down to the discovery of the Mummy/Apocalypse.

This movie seemed more like a set up for the Dark Phoenix saga, than the third movie of the trilogy.