Thread: Don Callis back to Impact?

Squared

Don Callis back to Impact?

So just been reading that Don Callis is close to making a return to Impact. He won't be finishing up with NJPW, so it'll presumably be a case of working for both. I guess he'll be brought back as an announcer, though the option remains for him to became an authority figure, or even a manager, once again.

I've always thought he's a good talent. Don't know his recent stuff, but based on what I do know I'd always be pleased to see him turn up.

The Brain
    I liked him in the past as an onscreen character but have not liked him at all as a New Japan commentator. My tolerance for commentators is usually high but he's been pretty bad in my opinion, making a lot of reference to "six star" matches and how this and that makes for a great show without even the barest pretense of treating it as real competition. That said, I'm not sure it's possible to worse than Josh Matthews' work this year, so if he's stepping in that role it might still be an improvement.

Squared
    Interesting development, coming in as an Executive Vp and will have a say in creative. May not be onscreen at all, though I would still expect to see him.

The Brain
    I have no idea whatsoever about his booking background, if he has any. Guess we'll see how it goes!

Squared
    To the best of my knowledge he has none, though willing to be contradicted on that. As you say, let's see how it goes.

The Brain
    I mean, a lot of guys contributed to booking in ECW, so he might have gotten his feet wet there. I haven't heard that specifically but it's a possibility.