Thread: Genres you WON'T listen to

Squared

Genres you WON'T listen to

Just wondering, there any stuff out there that you just can't stand?

I'll listen to most things but I don't think I listen to any R&B, at least since it stopped meaning rhythm and blues.

Don't really do a lot of electronic dance music either, with a small number of exceptions.

Other than that, I am fairly wide open. How about you?

Music made by people who are famous from reality shows (is that a genre)?

As a general rule I don't love electronic music but sometimes a piece will pop up that catches my ear and I can see the positive influence it has had on some other genres.

Late As Usual

Follow me on Twitter - Sir_Samuel

Squared
    I don't mind the stuff from the time that David Bowie was doing the Berlin trilogy (which eventually gives us NIN and all the stuff that spawns out of that), or some of the Gary Numan stuff from that era, either, but outside of that my taste for electronic music is slim pickings.

Not all music made by people from reality shows outright sucks. Some is pretty decent. Daughtry kicked out a couple of alright songs and Kelly Clarkson kicks a fair bit of ass from time to time. Since You Been Gone is one of my unabashed favorote pop songs.

Squared
    Since U been gone, I think. Since you been gone was Rainbow!

Nah, jokes aside, I don't hate that song and she is a good singer. But I guess from that post there aren't genre's you straight up hate, Steve?

I don't really care much for electronic music or dubstep or whatever the fuck it's being called these days, but that's nowhere near an etched in stone rule. I think there's quality to be found in every form of music.

I'm pretty much like Steve, in truth - I'll take a bit of anything on when the time is right. Even dance music has a time and a place.

My favorite genre is Rock.

The genres that I don't listen to are Jazz, Techno and Classical Music.

It's a long story why, but I can't stand Indie. I love guitar music (Blues, some Jazz, rock, and of course Metal) but most of those clowns don't put it to good use.

Yes, I like some dance music like Drum n Bass, Basslines (A very UK thing years ago) but I'm not too fond of Dubstep. It's irritatingly slow and just seems dumb and pointless.

I like rap quite a lot. Commercial stuff from the USA (usually old school stuff but not always) and more unknown (ish) artists from the UK.

Classical gets boring after a while but I'm not going to say I don't like it because sometimes theres a piece that's really good and I also find it quite relaxing.

Can't think of any other major genres.
    Last edited by The Dude; 12-27-2017 at 04:21 AM.