Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What Songs Are You Really Feeling Right Now?

So I just found out Nic Cester the lead singer of one of my favourite bands from the 00s, Jet has released a solo album. Bloody good stuff. To describe it succinctly I would say more blues but less rock than Jet.

My pick of the album is Hard Times though the song Eyes on the Horizon seems to be getting most of the hype.

Still a very good album, especially if you enjoyed Jet or their style of rock.

Squared
    They are playing this new Midge Ure song on the radio lately. It's not the sort of thing I would usually go for but I am, as the thread title says, feeling it at the moment.
    "Eat my ass, Mooney"

I'm waiting on a new CD from Amazon. Goatwhore's latest release. Heard a bit of it on youtube and it sounds good.

Here's the title track if you're interested in some new metal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N80L292X4gk

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    I'm waiting on a new CD from Amazon. Goatwhore's latest release. Heard a bit of it on youtube and it sounds good.

Here's the title track if you're interested in some new metal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N80L292X4gk
    May I ask why you still buy CD's?

I signed up for Spotify when I went to buy a full album and realised it cost the same as a monthly subscription.

Do you just like the tangible aspect?

Squared
    That's why I buy them. Plus the only time I ever really get the time to listen to a full album now is in the car.

But yeah, much like with books I like the fact you actually own it whereas you don't have that with anything through spotify/kindle type services.
    "Eat my ass, Mooney"

If anyone is interested, Australia had a pretty huge countdown happening at the moment called the Triple J Hottest 100. It says it is the biggest musical countdown in the world, they get about 2 million votes and while it does squew to the more indie and Australian bands there is normally some really good music in it.

My tip for number 1 is Humble by Kendrick Lamar though I want with all my heart for Let Me Down Easy by Gang of Youths to pip it like The Rubens (another local band) pipped Lamar in 2015.

The Brain
    I've been running on this one for a few days now:

Squared
    The Radio station my girlfriend listens to in the morning seems to have a thing for Billy Ocean. As a result I am kinda getting into it myself. Always liked Red Light means danger but recently they've been playing Caribbean Queen and I am feeling that more than I ever thought I would.
    "Eat my ass, Mooney"

Yeah, I buy Cd's for what Prime said. I like having the actual physical thing and artwork etc.

I'd collect Vinyl but just can't really be bothered with a record player so instead I just have loads of CDs. Some of them don't play anymore (it's not the stereo, I recently got a new one) but they copied to my laptop so if I wana listen to them I just hook the laptop up to the stereo.

As you probably guessed, most of my music is metal \m/

Radiohead and Weezer- particularly Ok Computer and Pinkerton. Though I go on Weezer and Radiohead kicks periodically, as they're two bands I'll always love.

Of those albums the songs Im listening to most are Pink Triangle, and No Other One off Pinkerton, and Paranoid Android and Karma Police off OK Computer.

Really, really feeling Paranoid Android above the rest the past couple weeks though.

The Brain
    Had this one rolling around in the ol' noggin recently:

Even though it's been out for a while I've really gotten back into the binging of River by Eminem and featuring Ed. This song is a perfect example of why I think Eminem is the greatest artist and song writer of all time. He's a lyrical genius.

Agreed with you Eddieg, Eminem is a lyrical beast. The guy's attention to detail in his songs is insane.

While Stan gets a lot of (rightful) praise for being a masterpiece I would say that the song Kim is one of the most unsettling pieces of art I have ever listened to/watched/observed across any medium. It is just so brutal but completely and utterly believable. While something by a band like Canibal Corpse may seem more gross and disgusting what Eminem does is completely grounded in reality, the bile and anger he projects doesn't feel fantastical or fake but is instead the stream of consciousness of a man pushed over the edge.

So at the risk of putting my music credibility on the line, I actually liked Maroon 5 before they were ever called Maroon 5. This is like my only claim to fame with any band. Their album "songs about Jane" back in '02 was awesome and everything they have put out since has been complete shit. It makes me sad because they're defined now by the shitty stuff and not the brilliance of that first album.

The Brain
    I liked that one Maroon 5 song that was constantly on the radio like 15 years. Not so much anything else.

Spend AGES today trying to place this tune. Glad I finally figured it out, it's one of my favorites.