Thread: South Park Games

Squared

South Park Games

These have a pretty decent reputation and I'm interested in hearing more about them, so let's get a thread going for them. Everything from South Park and Chef's Luv Shack all the way through to The Fractured But Whole, via Tenorman's Revenge and The Stick of Truth, can go in here.

It sounds like they've really come into their own in the last couple of years, and I hear a lot more about South Park in gaming terms than I ever did in the Playstation/N64 days. Anyone with more experience care to elaborate?

@lopprimetime

Samuel Plan
    I love the look of The Fractured But Whole in particular. Stick of Truth caught my interest but generally speaking I don't play too many RPGs; they're often so involved, and my gaming time is so rare, every time I revisit one I forget everything about the game play! So yeah, I'd love it if someone could elaborate too.

On a slightly different note, I've only ever played on South Park game myself. It was South Park Racer for the Dreamcast; basically their take on Mario Kart. I remember it actually being a lot of good, and I've love to see a repeat! For instance, instead of the ink that blocks your vision on Mario Kart, they had herpes blocking your vision instead.... Great stuff.
    101 WWE Matches To See Before You Die: The Book is now available to buy on Amazon UK, Amazon US and Amazon Europe! Just search for "101 WWE Matches" and it'll pop up!

~ Samuel Plan

I haven't played either of them but I know they have good reputations. Is there anyone here who could tell me if I have to have played the first one to get into the second?

Samuel Plan
    I picked up FBW in Tesco for 25 quid on Boxing Day. It's soooo good. I love it; can't put it down! The best part is that I got Stick of Truth included as a free download! Can't wait to try that one out either.

Sam, I've found FBW totally accessible without having played SOT. There's a bit at the start that plays off SOT but not to the extent you need to have played through it. You're also the same character I think, but generally it works as its own deal.

Plus it's a really simple but effectively designed RPG. I often find them dense and hard to pick back up after a break. FBW not so. It's simple, fun and engaging. Even as the most casual of gamers these days, I definitely recommend it!

I always wanted to play Stick of Truth but it never came out for PS4 which bothered me. Then when I bought Fracture But Whole the Stick of Truth was included so I played both. I think Stick was funnier but both were hilarious. They have so much material to draw from and could easily do another game with material not used in the first two games.

I'm not a fan of turn-based combat but these games have warmed me to the idea of trying others that are turn based.