Thread: Cuphead

Cuphead

Cuphead has been out for a couple of months now on the PC and Xbox One, and it's been getting a ton of praise from just about everyone. If you don't know what game this is, it's an indie run-and-gun game that has cartoony artwork from the 1930's. It looks visually impressive, one of the most unique games I've ever seen.

The game is notorious for being really difficult as well, which in my opinion is a welcome change of pace from games nowadays. I haven't gotten the game yet but have been planning on getting it pretty soon. Has anyone gotten this game yet? How has it been?

The Brain
    I had a huge blast with this game!! I strongly recommend trying it out, especially if you have someone to play the co-op mode with. The visual design is indeed brilliant, and the gameplay is straight forward and highly entertaining. It is challenging, but not in a way that I found frustrating (mostly), and if I applied myself I was able to overcome the most difficult parts of the game without looking up strategies or anything like that. One of the most fun games I've played recently, great stuff.

I played it over at a friend's house. God is this game something else, I love the art style but boy do I dislike the game play. If you are into really high difficulty sure this may be for you but man do I not have the patience for this game.

The Brain
    It is difficult but for me it was SUPER rewarding to stick with it. It's the kind of difficulty you can master by putting work in, which I really appreciate in a game as opposed to difficulty created by something you can't control.