Thread: Star Wars Battlefront II

Samuel Plan

Star Wars Battlefront II

So I'm a huge fan of the Battlefront games (even though I only played the last one to a minimal extent) and was dead set on getting the new one; it looks gorgeous.

But then all this business started about the micro-transactions and whatnot, and it's sort of put me off; especially as I'm not the kind of gamer to use micro-transactions, nor am I likely to put in the hours required for equivalency. So if anyone has it...is it worth picking up?

Also, naturally, any discussion about it can go on in here!
    101 WWE Matches To See Before You Die: The Book is now available to buy on Amazon UK, Amazon US and Amazon Europe! Just search for "101 WWE Matches" and it'll pop up!

~ Samuel Plan

Squared
    My gaming days were coming to a halt by the time of the Battlefront games, though I have to admit Star Wars used to make some amazing games. I used to play the NES game (where Han and Leia could only die 3 times but you got an almost endless supply of Lukes).

But from there it was PC and later consoles I really got into - eventually ending with the two KOTOR games on X-Box, but on the way going through TIE Fighter, Dark Forces, and the two Rebel Assault games.

So I could probably have been tempted to jump in on this game due to past enjoyment but the whole thing has really put me off.

@lopprimetime

Samuel Plan
    Colleague of mine bought this at the weekend apparently, I was told today. He hasn't played it yet but you can bet on me giving them the Spanish Inquisition (pauses...no?...cool) about whether it's worth it or not.
    101 WWE Matches To See Before You Die: The Book is now available to buy on Amazon UK, Amazon US and Amazon Europe! Just search for "101 WWE Matches" and it'll pop up!

~ Samuel Plan

Squared
    It was advertised at the cinema yesterday, and my God it's a good looking game. Can't tell much else from that but it looks so great it's actually pretty seductive even with the issue of micro transactions hanging over it.

@lopprimetime