Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fact or Fiction

Squared
    Probably fiction, though I think you can expect a lot of posturing on both sides.

FoF: Bill Goldberg wrestles in the WWE in 2018.

@lopprimetime

Faction. If he wrestles it will be at the Rumble, then fact. If not, then fiction.

F/F: With Samoa Joe now hurt, we are definitely getting Cena vs Taker at Mania

Squared
    Man, Faction answers are such a cop out.

As for yours, I'd say fiction but only because you used the word definite. I don't think anything except Reigns is definite about that card right now. Wouldn't put it past them to change up everything in February.

Fact or Fiction: By utilizing players who fail to make it in the NFL the US will one day win a world championship in either code of Rugby.

@lopprimetime

I would like to see a documentary about that and I'm gona say fact because while it won't be in the next 20 years if it is a limitless cap on time I'd say it will happen.

Fsct or fiction, Trump will be beaten in 2020

Samuel Plan
    Fact. Because I can't stomach the thought that he might not be. If he's even still there by then, that is.

Fact or fiction: motorways are safer without speed limits / variable speed limits.
    101 WWE Matches To See Before You Die: The Book is now available to buy on Amazon UK, Amazon US and Amazon Europe! Just search for "101 WWE Matches" and it'll pop up!

~ Samuel Plan

Fiction. In fact I wish they had slower speed limits just to annoy you even more.

FoF: Pluto should still be classed as a planet?

Squared
    Fiction. From all I've read there are dozens of bodies in the solar system with a better claim to being a planet.

Fact or Fiction: Driverless cars will be a common sight on the roads within the next twenty years.

@lopprimetime

Fact, unfortunately.

F/F: Oprah Winfrey will run for president

Squared
    Probably fiction, I think.

FoF: The Patriots will score more points against the Jacksonville Jaguars than the Steelers did.

@lopprimetime

Fiction. That Pats will most likely win, but the score will be closer, like 27-17. The Steelers looked right past the Jags and took them for granted, which i why they lost. The Patriots never look past any opponent.

FOF: The Vikings will beat the Eagles and be the first team in history to play at home in the Superbowl.

Squared
    Yeah, I think that's probably a fact.

FoF: Tom Hanks will win a third Oscar for best actor.

@lopprimetime

Fiction. While everything Hanks has been in, in the past few years has mostly been met with critical success, the general audience has not flocked to his movies. He will have to take on another big iconic role and stop making all these political style dramas. He should revisit his comedic roots and be in a more light hearted movie, like a Forrest Gump.

F/F: A comic book movie will win a best picture Oscar.

Samuel Plan
    Fiction. The Academy will never overcome its snobbishness towards pop culture sci-fi and fantasy, especially when it sells as much tickets as a Marvel franchise. Sticking with the theme of the Oscars, seeing as its awards season...

Fact or Fiction: Andy Serkis should have won / win an Oscar for his mo-cap performance as Caeser in any one of the revived Planet of the Apes movies.
    101 WWE Matches To See Before You Die: The Book is now available to buy on Amazon UK, Amazon US and Amazon Europe! Just search for "101 WWE Matches" and it'll pop up!

~ Samuel Plan

Fact. If he doesn't garner at least a nomination this year, I don't properly understand the spirit of the award. He was fucking brilliant in all of them.

As to the prior question, I think it depends on the comic book. Were someone to somehow do a serious, viable big screen adaptation of something like Maus, that could make waves. It's worth remembering that "comic book" means much, much more than superheroes.

Fact or Fiction: The Borg could assimilate the Death Star.

Squared
    Fact. The energy cannon might take out one cube, but then they'd adapt. And besides, resistance is futile.

FoF: A WWE match will be rated 'six stars' by the end of 2020.

@lopprimetime

Quote Originally Posted by 'Plan View Post
    Fiction. The Academy will never overcome its snobbishness towards pop culture sci-fi and fantasy, especially when it sells as much tickets as a Marvel franchise. Sticking with the theme of the Oscars, seeing as its awards season...

Fact or Fiction: Andy Serkis should have won / win an Oscar for his mo-cap performance as Caeser in any one of the revived Planet of the Apes movies.
    LOTR won for Best Picture so there is the fantasy element. But when Infinity part 1 or 2 may have a chance.

And Fact on Serkis, he should win.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Fact. If he doesn't garner at least a nomination this year, I don't properly understand the spirit of the award. He was fucking brilliant in all of them.

As to the prior question, I think it depends on the comic book. Were someone to somehow do a serious, viable big screen adaptation of something like Maus, that could make waves. It's worth remembering that "comic book" means much, much more than superheroes.

Fact or Fiction: The Borg could assimilate the Death Star.
    Fiction. The Borg has no business in a better galaxy.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime Time View Post
    Fact. The energy cannon might take out one cube, but then they'd adapt. And besides, resistance is futile.

Fact, only if the match has AJ Styles in it, now who would be his opponent......If you gave Lesnar vs AJ a few months to work it out, I could see it happening

F/F In a legit fight, not a scripted movie fight, Godzilla would beat King Kong. Strength is about the same, but radioactive breath....come on.

Squared
    Lord of the rings has literary connections which set it apart from stuff like the Avengers, so I think plan would still be right there. And we already established the Borg could assimilate the Death Star, so yeah.

I mean my honest answer is who cares, but I guess you make a decent case for it being Fact.

FoF: no golfer will ever have the mainstream appeal of peak Tiger Woods in our lifetime again.

@lopprimetime

Fiction. But may be a while as I don't think anyone at the moment currently in the game will achieve it.

FoF: The next ballon d'or winner not named Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo will come from the Premier League.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime Time View Post

Absolutely false to that. Going to be long after 2020 before that ever happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooner View Post
    Fiction. But may be a while as I don't think anyone at the moment currently in the game will achieve it.

FoF: The next ballon d'or winner not named Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo will come from the Premier League.
    I'm gonna go false with that. Still think it'll come from Spain. Perhaps France or Germany. Speaking of,

Fact or Fiction: Germany will win the upcoming World Cup?

Fiction. I think the winner will be European (only Brazil may have a shot from outside Europe, but I think they'll be scarred for life after that 7-1), but not Germany. Maybe Spain or France.

Fact or Fiction: Seeing as it's a hot topic at the moment... The XFL will not even launch come 2020.

Fiction. Vince will make sure the league launches, but it will probably fail again. The NFL itself has had Its ratings falling and another league with B- talent at best will not succeed long term. People will tune in for the first week or two, and then turn off the poorly played games.

F/F: Avengers Inifity War or part 2 will be nominated for Best Picture

Fiction. If it didn't happen for Logan it won't happen for one of those much less serious movies.

F/F there will be a nuclear attack in the next 100 years.

Fiction. I do not think anyone is that stupid to end the world, bc once one is launched, they all will be.

F/F: Trump will not get re-elected.

Fiction: He's literally putting money into the working mans pocket. Economy is at an all time high, Stock market is still soaring despite the recent shake up, unemployment is at an all time low. Companies are increasing employees wages at record numbers and handing out bonuses like no tomorrow. Only thing I worry about is him not sticking to his guns on immigration and bending over to DACA

F or F: Facebook will slowly get phased out and be the least used social media.

Fiction: People have willingly given up so much of their lives and personal details to it that it will be extremely difficult for them to walk away. Thousands of documented Life events and photos that only exist on that site.

Fact or Fiction: The average life expectancy of man will increase to over 120 and the first beneficiaries are already in their 60s. (Source: Christian Science Monitor)

Mr 173
    Fiction. Christian Science is an oxymoron.

Fact or Fiction:
    WWE Films will eventually create an Oscar Winning Best Picture, and it will star Goldust.