Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bond. James Bond.

Craig hung around too long and should have quit after Skyfall

Samuel Plan
    This I agree with completely.

Spectre headed in a new direction. Nothing wrong with that, but I didn't find it a direction Craig was well suited to. When the predominant tone changes, the casting should be considered and potentially changed too. It worries me he's doing yet another; presumably to wrap up the nonsense imposition of a synergy between all his films, which is so rife with error it pisses a little on his better efforts I feel.
    101 WWE Matches To See Before You Die: The Book is now available to buy on Amazon UK, Amazon US and Amazon Europe! Just search for "101 WWE Matches" and it'll pop up!

~ Samuel Plan

Squared
    Very strange - newspapers full of stories about bookies slashing odds on Harry Styles being the next Bond. Given that the franchise has never been less popular with young people you wonder if this is out of necessity.

@lopprimetime

Samuel Plan
    Hah. I'll believe it when I see it. The Bond franchise has always stood fast to avoid stunt casting the lead role.

Squared
    Aww, 'Plan didn't bite. I was banking on a tantrum livening the thread up.

No, I don't think I believe it either.

@lopprimetime

Samuel Plan
    I mean to be fair the guy impressed me in Dunkirk and if it did happen I'd as ever give it a chance; but it strikes me as red top nonsense to be honest. Beyond anything else the guy's a musician and I doubt interested in something as time consuming as being 007.

Squared
    The Sun and The Express. Very reliable sources!

I wonder if you could be Bond if it was literally the only acting gig you had, and stuck to music the rest of the time? It is very full on but Craig has always taken on a lot of other roles so it can't be all-encompassing.

@lopprimetime

Samuel Plan
    That's a good point. Craig certainly seems to have remained the most prolific while occupying the role, doesn't he? I certainly can't remember Moore or Brosnan doing much of anything else during their stints; at least, nothing as notable anyway.

That might account for why Craig's have taken considerably long to do as well. Most Bonds had a film every couple of years on average, but Craig's have often had three to four year gaps instead.
    101 WWE Matches To See Before You Die: The Book is now available to buy on Amazon UK, Amazon US and Amazon Europe! Just search for "101 WWE Matches" and it'll pop up!

~ Samuel Plan

Brosnan did quite a bit at the same. But most of it was crap.