Thread: Who was the greatest tag-team in TNA/Impact Wrestling history?

Squared

Who was the greatest tag-team in TNA/Impact Wrestling history?

Straight forward question - which team has been the company's best?

A few teams that come to mind for the discussion:

America's most wanted, Swinger and Diamond, Triple X, Team 3D, Beer Money, Motor City Machine Guns, Bad Influence, Bromans, LAX, Dirty Heels, Team Canada, Mexican America, and The Wolves.

I'm sure I have left dozens out, but that's enough to get the ball rolling.

its either Beer Money or Motor City Machine guns. I don't think any other teams compares tbh.

Prime time out here trying to single handily resurrect this board from the ashes.

In terms of pure contribution to TNA I’d say MCMG. In terms of greatest, Team 3D.

And you have more posts than Pete?!

Gotta disagree on the team with the biggest pure contribution. America's Most Wanted were a full on anchor in those early days and we're arguably the best tag team in any company during their glory days. I'd give them the nod as the greatest in TNA history.

^^^
    Click For A
    Super Cool Facebook Page

Squared
    ^ They were still the first team I thought of and definitely have to be the benchmark for a later team to beat. They seemed to mean a lot more than any WWE team back then, for sure.

The Brain
    My favorite team was, without a doubt, the Dirty Heels. Incredible chemistry making two already great guys into a spectacular team.

As far as contribution goes, AMW probably has the best claim. I used to think Beer Money was on top of the chain but their awful 2016 reunion made me look back with a more critical eye and I'm not sure they deserve the nod. MCMG of course in the discussion, and 3D too. Those four are probably your Mt Rushmore anyway you look at it.

I do adore Bad Influence too, and the Bro Mans are terribly underrated as a super fun team.

I was going to go for AMW - Beer Money and MCMG certainly took it up a level, but without AMW there probably wouldn't have been a level for them to start from.

Triple X might deserve a mention, too. Between them and AMW you've pretty much got the teams that set the bar which BM and MCMG raised.

I loved Triple X. I'd put them in the mix with AMW and Beer Money for sure, but for me AMW edges them out.

Squared
    For sure, AMW and Triple X (along with Raven) were some of my main reasons for following NWA:TNA in their crazy, outlaw days, when a lot of the writing sucked the big one.

The Brain
    I LOVE Triple X, but I don't think they have quite the same legacy as the other really big teams. But if I survive the NWA/TNA series with Spin, maybe I'll change my tune!

Squared
    Yeah, legacy will be the thing that counts against them. Though if you limit Team 3D to just their TNA era stuff rather than their wider careers, I'm not sure anyone can compete with AMW in that category - most of the others are going to have to compete purely in terms of talent.