Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: General TV Discussion Thread

They're probably just gonna get another dog anyway.
    I think it's awesome that the word lisp has an "s" in it.

They already did and it's voiced by Paulie Walnuts from The Sopranos. The actor's agent said he's already done voicework for several episodes.

So I'm now hooked on the succubus, hot lesbian, side boob, alcoholic, folklore, smoking hot goth chick, Canadian tv show Lost Girl.

Ksenia Solo will be mine.

I was a fan of Chuck when the show originally aired and I've been power watching it on Netflix the last week or so. It's such a great show and highly recommend it if anybody is looking for something new to watch. It's funny, has heart, action and spies.

^Completely second that. My brother and I binge watched Chuck over the summer and it's got to be one of the five best shows I've ever watched. If you like Cake, pop culture, spy shit and watching someone play Missile Command to 'Tom Sawyer', you'll love Chuck.

My second time through I've decided Casey is my favorite character on the show. He's the source of a lot of the humor and I like how he warms up to Chuck and Morgan ofer the course of the series.

And btw, The Blacklist the last two weeks have been some intense TV. Same with Person of Imterest.
    Last edited by comfortablynumb; 12-03-2013 at 03:37 AM.

Casey was always my favorite. Miss that show...even tho the last season was fucking terrible.

I loved Chuck, but the last couple seasons were a drag to get through. They just seemed to lose direction and the fun that made the show well, fun.

I was a big fan of Captain Awesome.

Im trying to get into Dr. Who,, but I just cant,, I watched the 50th anniversery special and was bored,, i find alot of the show boring.

Oh! I know! It's because it's boring.

Quote Originally Posted by FoonZeeS View Post
    I loved Chuck, but the last couple seasons were a drag to get through. They just seemed to lose direction and the fun that made the show well, fun.

I was a big fan of Captain Awesome.
    It wasn't that the show lost direction, it was that it settled in. Chuck to me was at it's best during the second season, mostly because it's focus was on Chuck getting the intersect out of his head (a story that was very easy to get invested in). Once they shifted from that to him accepting the fact that he was a spy, the show kind of just settled in and lost a little bit of what made season's one and two special. That doesn't mean the show wasn't still great because it was; there's tons of shows that peak early in their runs and still go on to have great seasons there after (Buffy, The X-Files and That 70's Show are the best examples of that). Chuck fit's that perfectly.

And Captain Awesome was the man. One of the great things about Chuck is that every character basically worked exactly as you would've hoped. The only guy I ever disliked on that show was Brandon Routh, and that's mainly because he's irritating to begin with.

the wife and i are going to start watching boardwalk empire again. We watched three episodes and then for some reason we stopped. How was this season? I don't want any spoilers so I'm not looking in the thread until we are done. What I'm looking for is a general opinion on how the season was over all. I think we stopped cause we felt it was a bit slow in the beginning, but I'm looking forward to getting back into it again.

I was saying Boo-Urns. lunchbox1981's Avatar
    Today Showtime announced that the upcoming 7th season of Californication will be the shows last. I thought it would return in January when it usually does, but apparently the show won’t be back until April.

Also USA Network has announced return dates for Psych, Suits, White Collar and the debut of its first half hour original comedy maybe ever Sirens. Psych will return for what could be its last season on January 8th with White Collar returning the next night on January 9th. Suits and Sirens will both make their season debuts on March 6th.

Speaking of Psych if you like the show then you should check out Psych: The Musical when it debuts on December 15th. Like the rest of the series I expect it will be campy and enjoyable.

Started watching Person of Interest the other night because I saw a couple people on here say that the current season is some damn good television. I'm eleven episodes into the first season and am loving the show. Jesus Christ and Ben Linus work really well together.

I agree that it’s the chemistry between those two that really make the show. It’s not my favorite drama on TV but it’s among the best. I really enjoy it.

CBS announced an earlier than expected end date of March 31st for the one hour series finale of How I Met Your Mother.
    Last edited by lunchbox1981; 12-19-2013 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FoonZeeS View Post
    Started watching Person of Interest the other night because I saw a couple people on here say that the current season is some damn good television. I'm eleven episodes into the first season and am loving the show. Jesus Christ and Ben Linus work really well together.
    Season one is excellent the whole way through. They do a really good job of setting up multiple longterm villains too. Reese has some great one liners and reminds me a lot of Jack Bauer.

The Hurra Duff
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox1981 View Post
    CBS announced an earlier than expected end date of March 31st for the one hour series finale of How I Met Your Mother.
    Should've happened four years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Sashaband View Post
    the wife and i are going to start watching boardwalk empire again. We watched three episodes and then for some reason we stopped. How was this season? I don't want any spoilers so I'm not looking in the thread until we are done. What I'm looking for is a general opinion on how the season was over all. I think we stopped cause we felt it was a bit slow in the beginning, but I'm looking forward to getting back into it again.
    You remember what you told me about Mad Men? That.
    I think it's awesome that the word lisp has an "s" in it.

speaking of mad men, what season are you on?

We've watched a couple more episodes of Boardwalk and since we really don't have much to watch these days we should power through it pretty fast. I think we just finished episode 5. In fact, all we are really watching at this point is Boardwalk and we're giving Justified another shot. We tried the Wire and she wasn't into it at all (that surprised me to be honest) but I'm not giving up on it. I've heard so many good things about the Wire and I'm tired of hearing about it so it's time to watch it.

Other shows we're considering are The Newsroom, House of Cards, and Under the Dome. If anyone has any comments on any of these shows they would be greatly appreciated.

Wevv mang
    Under the Dome gets rather silly in the later episodes. I thought the tension just kinda went out of the show.

Smiffy405
    Some of you may know already but James Avery, the person who played Uncle Phil In The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air has passed away at the age of 68.

Yeah, my wife yesterday said, "We lost a great American icon today." I said, "Who?" She said, "Phillip Banks." like I was supposed to remember him as that instead of "Uncle Phil" from Fresh Prince. Whatever. RIP, dude. You were great in that role.

The Newsroom and House of Cards are great shows to binge-watch. I haven't seen Under the Dome yet. I really liked the novel, but I heard the series takes things in a different direction.

I'm looking forward to the new show Intelligence, also. It's been too long since Josh Holloway has been a regular on television.

Quote Originally Posted by XanMan View Post
    I haven't seen Under the Dome yet. I really liked the novel, but I heard the series takes things in a different direction.
    I didn’t read the book, but my roommate did and the fact that they weren’t the same is something he complained about often. It got a little annoying, but he was still the one that liked the series a lot more than I did. There were a few eye rolling moments for me throughout the series that I just didn’t like at all. Its not a terrible show though and you should check it out for yourself.

Also RIP Uncle Phil. One of the great TV Dad’s of the 90’s. The Fresh Prince was always mandatory viewing for me Monday’s at 8 before wrestling. What a funny show and great character.

In other news so many good shows are set to either return or premiere in January it should be a good month for TV. Community (returns tonight) Justified, Archer, Shameless, House of Lies, Episodes, The Following and Psych are just a few of the returning shows that I am excited about.

thanks for the info on the shows, i think we are gonna try newsroom first. was uncle phil 65 or 68?

Shit, I need to get caught up on Episodes. That show is so fucking funny.

Yeah I am way behind on House of Lies. Thankfully yesterday Showtime aired a marathon of all of last season’s episodes. So they are on my DVR. I know they are going to do the same thing with Shameless and I assume Episodes. You just need to search and find out when. All three shows return on the 12th.

Episodes ran theirs on Sunday. Shit.

If you also have Sho 2 or SHOTO as it shows up on the dish a quick search shows that they seem to be replaying the entire series from the pilot starting on Friday the 10th. If that continues to be the case you’d just have to find where you left off. If not I assume you can find it online somewhere.

The Hurra Duff
    Excited for Justified and The Following to come back.

I like Shameless and House Of Lies but I don't watch them very much. I may cancel Showtime to save some $ on my Directv.

Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson's new show, True Detective, starts Saturday on HBO. I'm really looking forward to that one. All eight episodes are directed by the same person and all eight episodes were written by one person, so I take those as good signs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by XanMan View Post
    Shit, I need to get caught up on Episodes. That show is so fucking funny.
    Someone wanna gimme a quick synopsis of what Episodes is all about?

It's about a British husband and wife comedy writing team who had a very successful sitcom in Britain and then are asked to adapt it for a U.S. network, except the network head wants them to change everything about it, including changing the old headmaster of the school to a younger hockey coach played by Matt LeBlanc. LeBlanc plays a hyped up version of himself.

Yeah its pretty funny. I really like these sort of shows where the lead character stars as a more absurd version of themselves. Whether its Curb, Louis, Episodes or Legit they are all funny. I’d recommend Episodes to anyone that hasn't seen it.

Speaking of other shows I love the best animated series on TV right now Archer returns for another season on Monday. Although I am on the fence about whether I should watch the new show Chozen that follows it.

Lots of shows returning or starting last night. I only got around to watching Dads, Brooklyn Nine Nine (I cant' explain it, I like both those shows), Justified and Person of Interest.

Person of Interest was great. I'm so glad I started watching it.

Justified was fucking amazing as always. Can't wait for more.

Person of Interest is awesome but I still can't stand the new woman. I can't buy her "tough-woman" act at all.

I watched Intelligence with Sawyer from Lost and it wasn't bad. Kind of reminds me of a serious version of Chuck.

I like Sarah Shahi, though at times she can grate on my nerves.

I'm gonna watch Intelligence tonight.

Gonna check out Killer Women as well. Though I don't really have any hope for the show at all since it's on ABC, and ABC has been irrelevant since season four of Lost finished.

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
    Person of Interest is awesome but I still can't stand the new woman. I can't buy her "tough-woman" act at all.

I watched Intelligence with Sawyer from Lost and it wasn't bad. Kind of reminds me of a serious version of Chuck.
    That’s kind of funny since I had a similar complaint about the old female lead on the show. I couldn’t really buy the actress that played Carter as a cop. That was really my only complaint about the show though. It’s one of the best on TV now and Reese one of the most badass characters.

I liked Carter. She was sexy as fuck whenever they had her dress up. I thought the actress playing her was really good.

And yes, Reese is close to being the most badass character on tv. Except right now, since he's a mooppy mess.

She’s not a bad looking women and I’ve liked her in other things I’ve seen her in. Its just for some reason in this role I didn’t really like the casting choice.

Is anyone going to watch The Spoils of Babylon tonight?

The Hurra Duff
    FOX announced today that 24: Live Another Day will premiere Monday May 5th.

This is a joyous day as 24 was one of my all time favorite shows!