Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: General TV Discussion Thread

So following the Kevin Spacey allegations and such from yesterday, Netflix has suspended production of the new season of House of Cards indefinitely.

All because of an accusation, they pretty much cancel their first ever original hit and talks of a spinoff are already moving forward. I was always a fan of Spacey so the news is disheartening, but still seems extreme based on accusations from 30 years ago.
    Last edited by comfortablynumb; 10-31-2017 at 06:02 PM.

The statement he made about it makes him look like a fool.

The Brain
    As a fan of House of Cards and of Kevin Spacey the performer I'm a little disappointed, but honestly it's best that these situations are taken more seriously in general.

And yeah, Spacey's response was pretty weak.

Yeah, and now there's a lot more reports of him making passes at other men (which I guess isn't illegal if they are of age).

Squared
    I guess this belongs in the movie thread more but as there's already some of it here, there's been a lot more accusations in the past week again, and one company has taken the step of recasting his role in a finished movie and reshooting all the relevant parts. I actually saw the trailer for this and when it flashed up in big letters 'and Kevin Spacey as Getty' you could feel the mood in the entire room just change.

I like a ridiculous number of Spacey movies. Man was/is a great actor. Going to have to try and watch one again at some point, but I've no idea if they're going to be the same after this.

Anyway, to get a bit of TV news into this post.... here in Britain Fox are trying to buy Sky (both Murdoch enterprises so they technically kind of own it anyway, but yeah). The long and short of it is that because there are some concerns about Fox buying into it completely and the Murdoch's owning too much of the media landscape, they are threatening to shut down Sky News if they don't get their way.

Been binging Future Man on Hulu. It's hilarious. Wolf steals the show.

Is anyone else watching The Good Doctor? Finding myself really enjoying it.

Yes, My family and I really enjoy the show.

Completely didn't click with me that Freddie played Charlie in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. He plays Shaun so fantastically. May not seem like much but one of the episodes here had 1.7 million viewers checking in to watch. That's a huge amount for free to air TV here. Really hoping it gets picked up for plenty more seasons.

Besides HULU, does anyone know where I can watch the Runaways online? I do not want to subscribe to HULU.

Am I allowed to post links or should I PM you?

PM would be great.

Squared
    Not going to start a new thread for it, but wondered if anyone watched things like X-Factor, Strictly/DWTS, I'm a Celebrity here?

I only ask because you never see much about it and it's kind of interesting if no-one here watches some of the most popular shows around.

They're often on in my house but I can't say I would watch any of them off my own back.

@lopprimetime

As a family we watch America's Got Talent, the wife and eldest daughter watch DWTS, but I cannot stand that load of crap.

Is anyone else watching the new season of The Queen?

Squared
    You mean The Crown? I haven't watched it yet but I've heard good things and figure I probably need to check it out.

@lopprimetime

Been getting into Mindhunter. Really great show and a lot of interesting ideas.

The Brain
    Started watching Suits with the wife. I know I'm a few years behind, but really enjoying it!

I still say the first season of Homeland i one of the best seasons of TV history. Season 2, is a step down but still good. Season 3 was meh. Then once that entire plot line was finished, the show becaome a politcal drama with the CIA and I lost interest. But season 1 was amazing.

Squared
    I know I'm a bit behind but recently caught up on Feud. Thought it was great. Not as interested in the mooted second season based on Charles and Diana, though.

@lopprimetime

I agree with your thoughts on Homeland Powder, absolutely riveting for the first season or so. Kind of lost the plot as it went on but damn I loved the paranoia of that first season.

If anyone hasn't watched The Man In The High Castle on Amazon Prime TV, you are severely missing out.

Also, new episodes of Black Mirror are on Netflix!!!

I thought season 2 of Man in the High Castle sucked. Enjoyed the first though.

No way, I am very intrigued by the twist. I am really anticipating season 3 to see what they do with it.

Anybody watch Happy! on SyFy? Wild and crazy show.

I watched Letterman's new show on Netflix with the Obama interview. I wasn't a huge fan of his politics, but Obama was fantastic. I forgot what's it like to have a president who is thoughtful, well-spoken and not a complete trainwreck. It doesn't even get political besides a piece about Selma from the 1960s (which doesn't include Obama) and there's no Trump bashing in it.

It's a great watch.

Samuel Plan
    Been debating whether to check that out or not, and you've just convinced me I think! I was a big fan of Letterman; I'm a Brit, but have a bit of a weird obsession with the late night American chat shows!
    101 WWE Matches To See Before You Die: The Book is now available to buy on Amazon UK, Amazon US and Amazon Europe! Just search for "101 WWE Matches" and it'll pop up!

~ Samuel Plan

It's more of a conversation than anything. A lot about life after being a president. It's very well done.

Samuel Plan
    Has anyone checked out Altered Carbon on Netflix? I tried the first ten minutes of episode one and just couldn't settle into it somehow; though Kinnaman had a striking resemblance to a thin John Cena in it oddly!

Also, very much looking forward to the new series of Jessica Jones hitting soon. After Daredevil, hers was probably my favourite Marvel Netflix series.
    101 WWE Matches To See Before You Die: The Book is now available to buy on Amazon UK, Amazon US and Amazon Europe! Just search for "101 WWE Matches" and it'll pop up!

~ Samuel Plan

The only shows I can strongly reccommend are Dark, and Travelers. Both involve time travel, and both are done really, really well.

Dark is seemless. That is my top rated current show across all mediums. The first season is the biggest mind fuck you will likely have. There are parts that will have your jaw on the floor, and it makes you think for days past it's end. I can only hope season 2 is as good.

Travelers has some holes in its logic, but considering the premise they address those issues pretty well. The whole concept itself is such a mind stimulation, and the plot is mostly pretty enjoyable. Also, Mackenzie Porter is incredibly fucking hot.
    Last edited by Prime Time; 02-11-2018 at 04:58 PM.

Hi

I am new to this forum.My favourite tv shows are Breaking Bad,Game of Thrones,Friends,himym,Riverdale,Sherlock
    can someone give me good recommendations?

Just finished The Last Kingdom season 1 really enjoyed it, needed something to quench my thirst since Vikings and Nightfall both ended their seasons.
    Last edited by Prime Time; 02-11-2018 at 04:58 PM.

Squared
    Meant to point this out a few days ago, Alan Partridge is going to have a new show, back on the BBC for the first time in years.

@lopprimetime